Mixels 2014

agp548

Does anyone know what these are? I saw them on brickset. They look interesting but I have no clue what they are. Also didn't know where to start this topic so I put it in odds and ends. Mods feel free to put it wherever it fits best. Thanks. here is the link

http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=7128

b6058714f24011e28d2722000a1f8fa0_7.jpg

Never seen these. They are definitely interesting.

Oh no. It's Lego Pokemon! I have absolutely no idea what the feck those are supposed to be. I guess we won't know anything more until Cartoon Network starts showing commercials for yet another animated series next year.

They do seem to have a Pokemon vibe to them for sure

Guest idunno101

I'm guessing $10-$20 on these sets based on the models but who knows what TLG's pricing strategy is for this. Odd little things, not a fan of them.

The official Lego product page is up. Nothing really besides a little splash page (with the image below) showing the three, um, 'thingies' here whatever they are exactly. As Brickset points out, it looks like they are Lego's own property but being developed in partnership with Cartoon Network.

ts.20130710T141443.Mixels-teaser.jpg

For some reason, I can't picture these being outstanding investments, but we'll have to see how the TV show is! On the gray guy, there are a few ball-and-socket pieces that I've never seen before, but I like it, just for the pieces. Also, they might be decent to part out.

For some reason, I can't picture these being outstanding investments, but we'll have to see how the TV show is! On the gray guy, there are a few ball-and-socket pieces that I've never seen before, but I like it, just for the pieces. Also, they might be decent to part out.

Pretty much the same for me. Decent parts sets at best. I haven't seen ball-and-socket joints that small either, and I don't remember ever seeing that 'bush' piece on the yellow guy in that color before let alone in a long time at all. After seeing some of Quacs RoboChickens, I wonder what could be done with those 'googly' eyes! :)
  • Like 1

Pretty much the same for me. Decent parts sets at best. I haven't seen ball-and-socket joints that small either, and I don't remember ever seeing that 'bush' piece on the yellow guy in that color before let alone in a long time at all. After seeing some of Quacs RoboChickens, I wonder what could be done with those 'googly' eyes! :)

That's the first think I thought of too when I saw those - should I wait to release more RoboChickens before these googly eyes come out and miss using them?  Maybe I'll make a bad guy with the googly eyes...

CB - that press release has some very interesting information:

1. To start, Mixels will primarily be shorts on CN - not exactly a 30 minute spot like Ninjago or Chima, but still good exposure for a Lego theme. 

2. There will be three waves of these in 2014, so if the first three shown above are the first wave, and the other two follow suit, we will have nine Mixel models by the end of 2014.

3. It will be a cross-platform offering that includes mobile app and video gaming, television, and toy shelf platforms.  That's an incredible investment (by CN and TLC) for a totally unproven concept. 

4. CN will handle the broadcast and television production rights as well as the non-toy licensing, while TLC will handle the toy and book creation/distribution.

Guest idunno101

I don't think anyone does. Heck, I don't think the Mixels even know what the heck they are!

That would explain why they have that lost look in their eyes.....