Mixels 2014

agp548

As the funky straight up builds goes for these little weirdos, I am not too interested. However, I do like the varying assortment of their equally weird parts so I will be buying them up here and there soon as I can find any. There really isn't anything to compare them with so I have no idea about actual investment other than maybe selling the individual parts on BrickLink. Admitedly, there are a couple of these buggers I do like though. Haha.

TOK, I would have thought these guys would have been right up your alley. I would say buy 1-2 and then make a decision. I bought two for my kids yesterday (Flain and Volectro) and they even surprised me - they're pretty well done for small builds. Plus at $5, the price point is good. Not sure if they're investable at MSRP, but time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

TOK, I would have thought these guys would have been right up your alley. I would say buy 1-2 and then make a decision. I bought two for my kids yesterday (Flain and Volectro) and they even surprised me - they're pretty well done for small builds. Plus at $5, the price point is good. Not sure if they're investable at MSRP, but time will tell.

Some of them such as Zorch are but not all. Either way, I do like the parts themselves all the same and more than likely planning to buy everything. :D My favorites as is would be the ones that give me a good laugh. :)

Well, I was at Target earlier today in the Lego aisle and overheard a mother with her son talking about these guys. I remember she asked him "You see any of those Mixel characters?". Unfortunately, they were not in stock yet which I believe will happen by March perhaps. Anywho, I stumbled across these animated shorts on Cartoon Network's Youtube channel. I had no idea they were even uploaded but here you go.

Coconapple

Cookironi

Hot Lava Shower

Oh, one last thing. It looks like they finally posted a complete working version of the series trailer. Some reason the other froze around twenty seconds in.

Yes, the contents of each poly are predetermined and can easily be identified.  I was able to sort through them and got one complete set to list on ebay as a set, since I had them in-hand before they were available at LEGO.com  -- haven't had any nibbles yet on that listing.

The box I pulled them from did not seem to have an equal number of all the sets, but it's possible someone else had already grabbed a couple.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just posted on there an hour ago.  I think they all look like things I accidentally created with the left over bricks I have collected over the years.  I like them, and I don't like them.  I like the idea and the ball joints, I don't like the messiness. I guess what will solidify an opinion, would be if I actually get a few, and I think that is exactly what you are telling me to do, so I will have to go buy some and maybe get a Lego City Police Station, too.  That is what you are saying, no?

I just posted on there an hour ago.  I think they all look like things I accidentally created with the left over bricks I have collected over the years.  I like them, and I don't like them.  I like the idea and the ball joints, I don't like the messiness. I guess what will solidify an opinion, would be if I actually get a few, and I think that is exactly what you are telling me to do, so I will have to go buy some and maybe get a Lego City Police Station, too.  That is what you are saying, no?

That is exactly what I am saying - and don't forget the City Police Station :)

• Like 1

The cartoon these are taken from or starring in (however that was supposed to go) is mind-numbingly painful to watch as though my brain found itself lodged into a void less vacuum. As for the character builds themselves go, they are rather amusing to look upon. Dare I say good for a laugh or two. Haha. Befitting these critters with their oddball attitudes is their equally unique selection of parts in varying colors which for me is a great reason to buy them all up other than their low price that makes obtaining a complete series rather affordable and reasonable. A complete series of nine costs $44.91 with each including roughly fifty pieces so you end up with about 450 parts give or take which includes plenty of the new small ball & socket joints.

I see no problems with myself buying a couple extras of certain characters with particularly rare pieces in the future as a sort of random impulse buy since I feel as though I get more from these than the typical polybag honestly although I do love my minifigures. Anyway, I am looking very forward to the later series like number three.

• Like 1

I picked up three:  Zaptor, Shuff and Zorch.  Shuff is pretty solid and has some nice rock pieces.  The other two are kinda funky and have some nice rare 'flame' and 'lightening' pieces.  I was really impressed with the tiny ball and sockets.  They are pretty solid and can manage some awkward poses.  Don't know if I will collect em all, but I will get a few more.  No police station at KMart, sadly.

• 3 weeks later...

The official images of the series 2 mixels have been revealed.

Took Lego long enough to 'officially' release images for Series 2 as we already had pics of Series 2 and 3 back in February. Course we are nearing the start of May when these are expected for release I believe. Well, soon it shall be time to snag up another collection of these critters. :shifty: