Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

I listed a sealed 30th Gold C3P0 and some person kept emailing and asking how he can find one in a sealed boxed set. Needless to say, he never placed a Buy It Now offer after I asked if he was interested. Then I finally received a decent offer that I accepted. The UK buyer never paid after asking me twice if shipping will require a signature.

I won an open UCS Vader Tie Defender and the seller doesn't want to claim my payment via PayPal. Although feedback was low, his email is legit. I just sent him one.

My son wanted a Batman 1 Batmobile so I won one, Auction stated complete except for the road block. 16 minor elements ended up missing from both vehicles and seller shipped the set in the original lego box (wasn't listed in the auction) w/ supermarket brown paper around it. Never the less, the box was a pleasant surprise.

Feel free to also post any eBay feedback horror stories.

All of my listings require immediate payment now.  I got so tired of trying to collect on people who purchase your item and don't pay.  This helps sift out the riff raff and get you to serious buyers.  Unfortunately in only works on BIN listings and not auctions.  Now I don't list auctions. 

• Like 2

All of my listings require immediate payment now.  I got so tired of trying to collect on people who purchase your item and don't pay.  This helps sift out the riff raff and get you to serious buyers.  Unfortunately in only works on BIN listings and not auctions.  Now I don't list auctions. 

here is the joke.  that option is remembered for my auctions created on the laptop but not ones created on my ipad / iphone.  wallbash.gif

• Like 1

I have been looking for a place to post this lately and looks like I can do it here...........It absolutely makes my blood boil when someone doesn't leave feedback. I would have at least 50 more feedbacks if everyone left feedback like they were supposed to do. In my mind its part of the purchase agreement!! DAMN YOU LAZY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

I have been looking for a place to post this lately and looks like I can do it here...........It absolutely makes my blood boil when someone doesn't leave feedback. I would have at least 50 more feedbacks if everyone left feedback like they were supposed to do. In my mind its part of the purchase agreement!! DAMN YOU LAZY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

feedback?  you talking about feedback?  feedback?  hell, i just wanna get paid.    violin.gif

• Like 2

His email might be good, however he probably put a different email address in the eBay listing under the PayPal portion. Generally if they have to claim a payment something is wrong. I have sold 5k plus items on eBay and only once did I ever have to claim a payment (the one time I screwed up the email address).

I make multiple purchases per day, which means I'd have to leave feedback on multiple items per day on different sites.  I sell full-time and already spend over 40 hours per week doing so.  I'm not going to waste even one second of my precious time on a daily monotonous task like that. 

I'll leave leaving feedback to the average buyer who makes only one or two purchases per week.

• Like 4

His email might be good, however he probably put a different email address in the eBay listing under the PayPal portion. Generally if they have to claim a payment something is wrong. I have sold 5k plus items on eBay and only once did I ever have to claim a payment (the one time I screwed up the email address).

well, if he would ever respond to my email or ebay site mails, i'll give him paypal's phone # as I have it memorized :)

I make multiple purchases per day, which means I'd have to leave feedback on multiple items per day on different sites.  I sell full-time and already spend over 40 hours per week doing so.  I'm not going to waste even one second of my precious time on a daily monotonous task like that. 

I'll leave leaving feedback to the average buyer who makes only one or two purchases per week.

ok, we get it.  you and leaving feedback are like water and vinegar.

...and with this, i'm over 1k posts.  yay  :jig:

• Like 3

There are plenty of free programs/apps that do this for you

It's not really about being selfish.  I just have to allot time as efficiently as I can.  Imagine you are at your desk job or whatever, and you are supposed to get off at 5 p.m., but now you have to do some monotonous task for 10 minutes every single day before you can go home. 

By the way, if I make a consumer purchase, then, yeah, I'll probably leave feedback.  But for business purchases, no.

• Like 1

It's not really about being selfish.  I just have to allot time as efficiently as I can.  Imagine you are at your desk job or whatever, and you are supposed to get off at 5 p.m., but now you have to do some monotonous task for 10 minutes every single day before you can go home. 

Doesn't sound like that big of deal.  It should be considered as an element of your job, especially since an auction site is the medium of choice you chose to do business in.

• Like 3