Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

18 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I've only had 3 Lego sets with missing pieces and even then I can't swear it wasn't me missing then even though I'm pretty careful, last one being Destinys Bounty, but Lego have always sent out the replacements without question.

I've never once had a set with missing pieces. I have, however, had damaged / incorrect pieces several times. By incorrect I mean that the colour or chirality are wrong.

Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Did you have a lot of requests?

Probably just 7541 pieces and box were missing from the last 75192 he ordered.

Bought a London Bus (10258) for $65 + $11 ship this week.  Only a few bags were opened - majority are sealed.  Includes box, manual, 100% pieces.  Figured it would be fun build for my son and me, and then can hold onto it or resell eventually.

Seller messages me today that he shipped the item, but that it actually cost $37 to ship it.  He needs me to forward him the difference asap via paypal.

After having a good laugh, I decided that I will respond by sending him to eBay.  Clearly they are having trouble with their shipping calculator and need to refund him...  I would love to hear a recording of that call...

Now I"m just awaiting the Lego box wrapped in kraft paper or the USPS address label slapped on the actual Lego box.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 hours ago, trstnkn said:

Bought a London Bus (10258) for $65 + $11 ship this week.  Only a few bags were opened - majority are sealed.  Includes box, manual, 100% pieces.  Figured it would be fun build for my son and me, and then can hold onto it or resell eventually.

Seller messages me today that he shipped the item, but that it actually cost $37 to ship it.  He needs me to forward him the difference asap via paypal.

After having a good laugh, I decided that I will respond by sending him to eBay.  Clearly they are having trouble with their shipping calculator and need to refund him...  I would love to hear a recording of that call...

Now I"m just awaiting the Lego box wrapped in kraft paper or the USPS address label slapped on the actual Lego box.

Seller's fault as you paid the P&P that was listed. ToughTitty as some would say - LOL.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, John82 said:

Just had a scammer in Leicester buy a QAR for £379, add this post code to your scammers list: LE3 9PP

Only a 15 minutes from me too, very tempting!!!

Can you take a copper (or a bouncer) with you?

1 hour ago, John82 said:

Just had a scammer in Leicester buy a QAR for £379, add this post code to your scammers list: LE3 9PP

Only a 15 minutes from me too, very tempting!!!

How did you find out the buyer is a scammer so quickly? Did the real account owner get in touch?

Hopefully not an omen as my used QAR just sold as well, though via GSP.

Edited by Captain_chaos

1 minute ago, Captain_chaos said:

How did you find out the buyer is a scammer so quickly? Did the real account owner get in touch?

Hopefully not an omen as my used QAR just sold as well, though via GSP.

They used a walsall address and a leicestershire street name and post code. I then did a user information request (under advanced search) which came up as walsall.

I didn't need to do this on this occasion as it was an obvious scam, but I always search their surname and postcode too on 192.com to check there is a valid record. If not i hold onto the parcel for 3 days before sending it out.

15 minutes after i cancelled the order I received a MC139 Alert from ebay saying the transaction took place without the owners permission.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, John82 said:

They used a walsall address and a leicestershire street name and post code. I then did a user information request (under advanced search) which came up as walsall.

I didn't need to do this on this occasion as it was an obvious scam, but I always search their surname and postcode too on 192.com to check there is a valid record. If not i hold onto the parcel for 3 days before sending it out.

15 minutes after i cancelled the order I received a MC139 Alert from ebay saying the transaction took place without the owners permission.

but had you received a paypal payment - would you ship it (not checking the address details) ?

On 12/26/2017 at 10:02 PM, Mark Twain said:

Buyer opened a case today demanding a refund. I'm really not certain what to do at this point. I opened a case with USPS and got info that the package was on a barge to HI and that this method of delivery normally took 3-6 weeks! Ouch! I still have a DC# and tracking shows that it is estimated to arrive on 12/30, for however much that is worth. 

Oddly, the buyer has said on multiple exchanges that he is confident it will not arrive on 12/30 and Ebay will give him his money back and, I assume, he'll keep the package. I've reviewed the feedback he'd left for other buyers, and oh man is there a pattern of him leaving negative feedback and buyers stating they refunded him.

I won't be shipping outside of the lower 48 again, and for those of you who do it via priority mail I have no clue how you afford it outside of flat rate boxes. This cost $20 to ship parcel post, priority would have been $60!

A few years ago I had a Playmobil Pirate Ship with like 30 extra pirates up....free shipping. It was really nice.  It sold and the buyer was someone in the Aleutian Islands: one of the ones WAY off the coast of Alaska....but still U.S. State Territory.  Shipping was insane...to the point that I think I was only profiting a dollar or something on like a 70.00+ order.  I debated on not sending it but before I decided, the lady e-mailed me thanking for it and saying how it was going to make her sons birthday etc. etc.  What could I do?  After that I switched to differential shipping on ANYTHING over 13 ounces.

Differential shipping....your friend to help weed out those people in Hawaii and Alaska and the West Coast.  

Lately eBay seems to be the fruitcake. When printing shipping labels, FedEx SmartPost costs are coming up higher than the cost of FedEx Home/Ground and in some cases USPS Priority. Eg. to ship coast to coast for a 7lb 24x16x4 parcel comes out to $27+. This typically costs me $14-15. Is anyone else coming across this glitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

33 minutes ago, ThRok said:

Lately eBay seems to be the fruitcake. When printing shipping labels, FedEx SmartPost costs are coming up higher than the cost of FedEx Home/Ground and in some cases USPS Priority. Eg. to ship coast to coast for a 7lb 24x16x4 parcel comes out to $27+. This typically costs me $14-15. Is anyone else coming across this glitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

I ran into this a few days ago.  I don't think it's a glitch.  Apparently FedEx changed their SmartPost pricing to use dimensional weight similar to FedExGround.  In other words, shipping those SmartPost packages coast to coast has doubled. 

"Potentially one of the most impactful changes comes with the announcement that FedEx will begin applying a dimensional weight (DIM) factor of 139 to all SmartPost packages effective Jan. 22.  The change will align SmartPost dimensional weight pricing with that of FedEx Express and FedEx Ground.  It also more closely aligns FedEx SmartPost DIM pricing with that of UPS SurePost, although UPS still has a higher DIM factor for packages measuring less than 1 cubic foot. As of this writing, UPS has not announced its 2018 rate changes."

http://multichannelmerchant.com/blog/analysis-of-fedex-gri-dim-charge-for-smartpost-in-2018/

• Like 1

I just received a return request for a green she hulk minifigure I sold. This is what the customer stated in their return and I quote:

Hello I received a Lego SheHulk in the mail, but unfortunately you sent the she Hulk with an angry face instead of the smiling one that I purchased. See attached for a pic of the one I received. 

I don’t know if I should laugh or cry at this point 

Edited by Mrbigz8657
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I just received a return request for a green she hulk minifigure I sold. This is what the customer stated in their return and I quote:
Hello I received a Lego SheHulk in the mail, but unfortunately you sent the she Hulk with an angry face instead of the smiling one that I purchased. See attached for a pic of the one I received. 

Lesson learned- always send minifigs dissembled.

4 hours ago, Mrbigz8657 said:

You can reply the smiley face turned mad when she saw her face!

5 hours ago, Mrbigz8657 said:

So you're saying your customer doesn't like She-Hulk when she's angry? ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2