Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

On 7/22/2013 at 8:46 PM, Anakinisvader said:

All of my listings require immediate payment now.  I got so tired of trying to collect on people who purchase your item and don't pay.  This helps sift out the riff raff and get you to serious buyers.  Unfortunately in only works on BIN listings and not auctions.  Now I don't list auctions. 

I'm the same way. Ran my 1st auction in a long time and of course 2 days later person hasn't paid.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zelz13 said:

I'm the same way. Ran my 1st auction in a long time and of course 2 days later person hasn't paid.

I don't deal with auctions anymore because of this reason alone. Like Anankinisvader said, all mine are BIN with Best Offer set to Immediate Payment Required as well. If a potential buyer sends me an offer, I counter with an offer that is $0.01 less to ensure immediate payment on best offers. If they don't accept the lower offer, then it wasn't a legitimate offer to begin with. No more waiting for payment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Guest TabbyBoy
14 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I don't deal with auctions anymore because of this reason alone. Like Anankinisvader said, all mine are BIN with Best Offer set to Immediate Payment Required as well. If a potential buyer sends me an offer, I counter with an offer that is $0.01 less to ensure immediate payment on best offers. If they don't accept the lower offer, then it wasn't a legitimate offer to begin with. No more waiting for payment. 

Similar here. I like to use BIN with manual Best Offer where I then reject offers of those that "set off alarm bells"" and disappoint cheeky low-ballers by letting their offers expire after 48 hours. If I absolutely have to get rid of an item, it's an auction with a £0.01 start and I just let it ride.

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

Good advice on the counter. Will remember that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Migration said:

Doesn’t matter, best offer negates immediate pay requirement.

If you accept a bidder's best offer, then yes, it does negate the immediate payment requirement. Like I mentioned in my previous post, the way around that is to do the following:

- If you receive a best offer for an amount that you're ok with, submit a counteroffer for $0.01 less. Make sure to include a message stating that you're good with their offer and that you're submitting a counteroffer for a penny less to ensure immediate payment. If the bidder accepts your counteroffer, the immediate payment requirement kicks in. If they don't, then that tells you that they weren't serious in the first place.

That's how you do it folks. :)

If you accept a bidder's best offer, then yes, it does negate the immediate payment requirement. Like I mentioned in my previous post, the way around that is to do the following:
- If you receive a best offer for an amount that you're ok with, submit a counteroffer for $0.01 less. Make sure to include a message stating that you're good with their offer and that you're submitting a counteroffer for a penny less to ensure immediate payment. If the bidder accepts your counteroffer, the immediate payment requirement kicks in. If they don't, then that tells you that they weren't serious in the first place.
That's how you do it folks. 

Your message means nothing they are not required to pay immediately.

28 minutes ago, Migration said:

Your message means nothing they are not required to pay immediately.

Is that true? If so, then I stand corrected and Migration's thumb comment makes sense.

I assumed it worked because someone here said it did a while back. When I tried it a few times, I would receive two notifications at the same time saying the buyer has accepted my counteroffer and paid. I receive the same back to back notifications when a bidder uses BIN, so I just assumed it worked. 

55 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Is that true? If so, then I stand corrected and Migration's thumb comment makes sense.

I assumed it worked because someone here said it did a while back. When I tried it a few times, I would receive two notifications at the same time saying the buyer has accepted my counteroffer and paid. I receive the same back to back notifications when a bidder uses BIN, so I just assumed it worked. 

That's just your buyer paying quickly. The immediate pay requirement forces a buyer to pay at the time of purchase, once a best offer is accepted on either side that requirement goes away. You can put "please pay immediately" or something similar with your counter offer, but your buyer can checkout and take up to 2 days (if memory serves) to pay regardless of what you write. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Migration said:

That's just your buyer paying quickly. The immediate pay requirement forces a buyer to pay at the time of purchase, once a best offer is accepted on either side that requirement goes away. You can put "please pay immediately" or something similar with your counter offer, but your buyer can checkout and take up to 2 days (if memory serves) to pay regardless of what you write. 

Thanks for the clarification! I guess I got lucky that the few buyers who accepted my lower counteroffer paid quickly. 

This is a new one for me. Buyer wants to return an item I sold. I told them to send me a return request. I added that I will be checking to make sure that everything I sent is returned to me. Here is an excerpt of their reply “I am trying to be patient as well. I expect the same honesty from others that I practice. My reputation is everything and my accounting before God on judgement. If you would like references we can start with the Convent of Incarnate Word.”

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:

This is a new one for me. Buyer wants to return an item I sold. I told them to send me a return request. I added that I will be checking to make sure that everything I sent is returned to me. Here is an excerpt of their reply “I am trying to be patient as well. I expect the same honesty from others that I practice. My reputation is everything and my accounting before God on judgement. If you would like references we can start with the Convent of Incarnate Word.”

I would ask for references and take it from there 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, labfreak7 said:

image.jpeg.8386351424356efc05485bd1e9e8c1d4.jpeg

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Villager Chris said:

Did you relist the Angry Birds set in the end? 

It was a 60050 train station with best offer set to £69.99 minimum. Not one offer even though some were sold by others for more. I think watchers should pay 0.5% of price to the seller to watch ?

Guest TabbyBoy
15 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

My humour was lost! 

LOL, sorry. Yes it was lost as a Pig's Castle set only had an offer of £2 last Summer, also with over 50 watchers. Guest what... I let it go for £2, a £6 loss! I needed to teach myself a lesson!

If I now see over 100 watchers on a 30-day BIN set without a bite or sensible offer after 29 days, I end the listing and wait another 3 months. I'd rather put the disappointment on them!

Just had a buyer leave negative feedback without once contacting me.  Opened a case to return the item moments later.  Package looks like it was on a USPS truck that drove off a 100' cliff and then the trailer slid the entire way on top of the package.  I can see him being upset, but aren't sure how in the world he would think it's my fault!

2 hours ago, NIevo said:

Just had a buyer leave negative feedback without once contacting me.  Opened a case to return the item moments later.  Package looks like it was on a USPS truck that drove off a 100' cliff and then the trailer slid the entire way on top of the package.  I can see him being upset, but aren't sure how in the world he would think it's my fault!

Maybe if it was a Benny pancake from Kohl's :p
Seriously though, that sucks. :(

Okay, what is the procedure for cancelling an item sold when the buyer has already paid for the item.  I sold a Barbie as Used in the box because of the front flap is missing.  This is clearly stated in the description.  I accepted a best offer and decided to make sure the buyer knew how to read.  Apparently she did not. Of course she doesn't want it now.  Does the buyer initiate the transaction to be cancelled?

Okay, what is the procedure for cancelling an item sold when the buyer has already paid for the item.  I sold a Barbie as Used in the box because of the front flap is missing.  This is clearly stated in the description.  I accepted a best offer and decided to make sure the buyer knew how to read.  Apparently she did not. Of course she doesn't want it now.  Does the buyer initiate the transaction to be cancelled?

You should be able to cancel it on your end from the seller page.

The buyer might have to confirm the cancellation before the refund goes through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, BrickLegacy said:

You should be able to cancel it on your end from the seller page.

The buyer might have to confirm the cancellation before the refund goes through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the buyer request and I accepted.  Pain in the butt.  I have to relist it again and now I have 0 watchers to send offers to.  My description literally said "if the box is important to you, don't buy this".