Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Quick question for advice.  I got this from Ebay for the first time...

I already shipped it to paypal confirmed address.  Shipped it 20 hours after sale.  Do I just do nothing since it's shipped?

eBay listings removed - unauthorized user of buyer or bidder account

Hello

We had to cancel bids and purchases on the following item(s) for the buyer, xxxxxxxx, because they were made without the account owner's permission:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please note that we're working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity.

All associated fees have been credited to your account. In these situations, we'll credit the final value fee for removed listings won by this buyer, and also the insertion fee if it was a single-quantity listing.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

4 minutes ago, thelovemachine said:

I already shipped it to paypal confirmed address.  Shipped it 20 hours after sale.  Do I just do nothing since it's shipped?

Hello

We had to cancel bids and purchases on the following item(s) for the buyer, xxxxxxxx, because they were made without the account owner's permission:

Please note that we're working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity.

All associated fees have been credited to your account. In these situations, we'll credit the final value fee for removed listings won by this buyer, and also the insertion fee if it was a single-quantity listing.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

if the purchase was not authorized by the account holder, he/she will cancel that transaction and the money you received will be reversed. If it's not too late for you, you can intercept the package and have it routed back to you assuming the paypal confirmed address was hacker's address. If it's too late to call back the package, try working with ebay & paypal to get it sorted out.

23 minutes ago, thelovemachine said:

Hello

im just going to throw this out here, but was the account hackers name J. Bracey?  In Old Hickory Tennesee?  this literally happened to me 2 weeks ago.

3 hours ago, vexxet said:

im just going to throw this out here, but was the account hackers name J. Bracey?  In Old Hickory Tennesee?  this literally happened to me 2 weeks ago.

That loser hit me up a few weeks ago for two different City sets totaling almost $300. Luckily he bought on a Friday so both purchases were flagged and caught before I shipped anything. I did have to spend approximately three hours on the phone with eBay and PayPal to sort it out though. 

I've had a few other chargebacks in the past where I've already shipped the package to the confirmed PayPal address. In every instance seller protection kicked in and I was reimbursed once the investigation was completed. Funds were put on hold while they were investigating. 

These situations are a pain in the arse, but unfortunately they come with the reselling gig.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

That loser hit me up a few weeks ago for two different City sets totaling almost $300. Luckily he bought on a Friday so both purchases were flagged and caught before I shipped anything. I did have to spend approximately three hours on the phone with eBay and PayPal to sort it out though. 

I've had a few other chargebacks in the past where I've already shipped the package to the confirmed PayPal address. In every instance seller protection kicked in and I was reimbursed once the investigation was completed. Funds were put on hold while they were investigating. 

These situations are a pain in the arse, but unfortunately they come with the reselling gig.

When it is obviously a hacked account, send just a empty package and get the money back from PayPal ;)

Guest TabbyBoy

eBay needs to set up 2FA for buying using eg. Google Authenticator. Then the account holder has to cough up. It serves them right for being careless with their credentials!

53 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

eBay needs to set up 2FA for buying using eg. Google Authenticator. Then the account holder has to cough up. It serves them right for being careless with their credentials!

They have 2FA. The option is hidden in the account options screen. 

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

eBay should enforce 2FA and not allow buyer protection without it. Buyers should be held accountable for their carelessness, lack of security and buyer’s remorse.

On 3/23/2019 at 1:04 AM, thelovemachine said:

Hello

Nothing to sweat over but the funds maybe take 30-60 days to be released to you.

Scammer (or kid bought of parents account etc), You've shipped it to the confirmed address.  You are covered by ebay Seller Protection & Paypal Seller Protection. 

Its just a process that needs to be followed now.  The ebay / paypal case will be opened or even both one after the other.  You provide the tracking details they ask for and forgot it about.  You'll get the email in a month or two that their investigation has concluded and your funds will be released to you.

16 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Got this message from a noob eBay buyer. I was kind and let him down gently.

"Hello, I made a few offers on this item but they were auto-declined. Could you tell me why this happened? Would you be willing to negotiate on this item?" 

he haven't hit his 5 limitation yet? interesting....