Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Yes I am the same way...I understand that there is something called life, and sometimes you win an auction and it takes a few days. 

I think some people just want to F things up though...so they just bid and bid.  They don't last long on ebay, as I am sure that gets boring for them so they go back to tagging the signs on freeways or using magic markers in public bathrooms.

What I hate the most on eBay are sellers who refused to send the items you won (and paid for) on auctions and then relisted the exact same item a couple of weeks later with higher starting price.  A complete waste of time  :growl:  :growl:  :growl:

The way to deal with this is to not accept the transaction cancellation from the seller and that way the seller has to pay the ebay fees.  If you paid but the seller doesnt ship, the first thing the seller has to do is refund you, then they should send a cancellation notice.  As a burned buyer - you should not accept the cancellation request and then the seller will not get a final value fee refund.  If you do not respond in 7 days then ebay will treat that as an accept and refund the seller.  Make sense?  You should also report the seller to ebay.  

I have gone to almost exclusively buy-it-now listings because I got so many deadbeat winners who never paid.  I set my price and I just wait to get it.  Certain things I will auction off, but that is rare for me now.

• Like 3

I usually don't leave feedback either--unless something was bad.  There is naturally an adverserial relationship between buyer and seller--once the business is transacted--what is in it for the buyer to leave feedback other that to warn others?  I am extrmely selfish and self centered--so that might be part of it--but I don't look at feedback--and certainly don't leave them very often.   

Although---I remember someone sent some (FRESH!) tootsie rolls with an order, asking for feedback--and I did take the time to review that purchase and give excellent ratings.  Just buy your feedbacks if you feel they are important for something---there are cheap auctions for that.

• Like 4

I usually don't leave feedback either--unless something was bad.  There is naturally an adverserial relationship between buyer and seller--once the business is transacted--what is in it for the buyer to leave feedback other that to warn others?  I am extrmely selfish and self centered--so that might be part of it--but I don't look at feedback--and certainly don't leave them.  Time/life is too short to be bothered. 

Although---I remember someone sent some (FRESH!) tootsie rolls with an order, asking for feedback--and I did take the time to review that purchase and give excellent ratings.  Just buy your feedbacks if you feel they are important for something---there are cheap auctions for that.

I don't care if you leave me feedback or not, I STILL GOT YOUR MONEY :money:

I don't understand selfishness, so I guess I just hope most folks are good people and carry that over to how they conduct business on the Internet as well.  I deal with all types every day in and outside of work, but it doesn't mean I'll ever understand it.  I have to provide feedback to folks at work all the time to help them better their careers, be team players, and have enough vision to know how their work/attitude can impact others.  Everyone is not open to this type of feedback, or they just accept it and choose not to act on it.  Either way, it's their choice.

• Like 1

I had a mess of a problem with a killer croc I won.  Kid couldn't get his email right or something on paypal so my payment went unclaimed.  Finally after a week we were able to complete the transaction.  Ended up paying $8.30 for a mint Killer Croc :thumbsup:

His email might be good, however he probably put a different email address in the eBay listing under the PayPal portion. Generally if they have to claim a payment something is wrong. I have sold 5k plus items on eBay and only once did I ever have to claim a payment (the one time I screwed up the email address).

well, the Gold C3P0 buyer is still useless but the UCS Vader Tie guy is coming through.  He claimed the payment and marked it as shipped via ebay (get this, ready... with a tracking #).

All together now, "raise those hands...like just don't care"...ShipmatesRaisingTheRoof.jpg

I plus one'd you Jaison. 

Take some nyquil, and have the wife go on kid patrol---you need a nap!  I'll text you if any good deals pop up!

You guys inspired me---going to leave feedback for my last 10 purchases.  Right now.  I'll bring evidence if I can get a few plus ones to even out my rep.

• Like 2

Back to eBay rants!!!

I have had a few ridiculous things happen lately, but If I were to go into detail you guys would be using you scroll bar way too much!

Let's just say that eBay is a total bag of poo, but it's still the best bag we got (until Brick Classifieds!!!)

-PB

Mods,

How do we block people ?

I'm not a mod, but I can answer your question.

1. Click your name by the sign out button in the upper right of your screen.

2. Click "Manage Ignore Prefs".

3.Add names and chose if you want to ignore their posts, signature, and/or messages.

4. Click "Save Changes".

• Like 1

I'm not a mod, but I can answer your question.

1. Click your name by the sign out button in the upper right of your screen.

2. Click "Manage Ignore Prefs".

3.Add names and chose if you want to ignore their posts, signature, and/or messages.

4. Click "Save Changes".

Thanks. Hopefully I don't block myself. Ha

• Like 2

I feel like I just stepped into the twilight zone.... What the hell have you guys been doing in here?

I hate it when I buy a sealed set, everything went smooth, seller left feedback, tracking number popped up the next day... Then I receive a nice shiny new Lego box with a shipping label slapped on it. Fair warning: if you ship me a set from ebay that isn't double boxed, I will hassle you into submission. Submission=15% refund.

We're professionals, not walmart.

I hardly ever leave feedback...for the reason stated...as buyer. As seller of course I leave feedback every time..but I don't expect my buyers to leave me feedback. It's an auction. I want to pay the absolute least amount if money, and the seller want the absolute highest figure. In economics this is called a necessarily adversarial confrontation. It is in the truest sense an argument. A disagreement of value. We come to an understanding and trade of our own volition, but I wouldn't expect to be friends and do favors for the other side.

Think of a car purchase. You want to pay the least, dealer want the most. Even though you both agree to a price under no duress, in the back of your mind you still feel screwed..and wonder if you were ripped off. The dealer couldn't stand you and your damn invoice and website car buying talkin points he knows by wrote from listening to them 7 times a day.

Take that mining truck you all see there I purchased. I got an ok deal at 37 bucks shipped...but in the back of my mind I feel dumb because i am sure the guy got it at target clearance for 20 bucks since he had 12 of them. I don't hate him...I don't envy him...I don't wish he bought one and left the others for the children in orphanages. He was the better businessman that day..he won our disagreement. I paid more for the same exact truck than he did. More power to him..but I am not going out of my way to salute the transaction.

Well...until you folks negative'd me 10 points. Fine..I'll play the feedback game. When in Rome.

• Like 1