Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

....What the heck?! Lousy pictures but a funny description.

"I found this Lego Head. He has a beard and some awesome chops and some glasses. The top of the head is kind of rough as though his head was torn off in a auto accident and stepped on several times. The rest of his body is nowhere to be seen."

A few eBay updates with my fruitcakes / beefcakes. I'm telling ya, they're is something in the water.

Side note to type first for LOLs : So my local US Post Office thinks I'm having broken glass delivered to my address on a regular basis. Don't ask. My main delivery guy is cool but it seems the backup guy (lazy) is a problem. He keeps trying to get out of delivering boxes but his boss tells him the mail must be delivered, broken or not.

The UK buyer def tried to scam me with that C3PO gold fig auction. That is why he kept asking about signature delivery. Once I was finally able opened to open a case for not paying, he ignored it and took the unpaid strike. Luckily, I have it sold via Bricklink.

The Indy Jones Temple Escape : Despite still being a good deal at my price, it isn't complete as described. The Satipo minifig is missing along with 15 common inexpensive elements and the white spider web. How the heck do you think a set is complete without the larger cobweb and a minifig. The funny thing is the seller included the manual.

I found a nice deal on an Eiffel Tower in a box outside of eBay (saw it on eBay after the auction ended). It finally arrived today and the guy put cut cardboard around it and wrapped brown paper bags around it. It somehow arrived in decent shape. I included a pic of this pack job. Funny thing is the guy paid $27 to ship it US Priority

The opened 10175 finally arrived. The guy sent me a tracking # for another person. I def thought this was going to fall through. The shipping box was smashed. Now I need to build it to see if it is compete as described. At initial glance, the key elements (cockpit, display stand with sticker, 2x1 slope with printed Death Star trench graphic) are there and in nice shape. Some of the light Bley elements are discolored though (e.g. The circular top hatch).

Not every eBay auction was bad though. The sealed Hogwarts Castle and Train arrived in excellent condition as did the POTC QAR - BP combo and a sealed Vader's Transformation. The complete but open Imperial Flagship arrived also in excellent condition w/ box and instructions.

post-3743-0-40153200-1375137378_thumb.jp

....What the heck?! Lousy pictures but a funny description.

"I found this Lego Head. He has a beard and some awesome chops and some glasses. The top of the head is kind of rough as though his head was torn off in a auto accident and stepped on several times. The rest of his body is nowhere to be seen."

We need a "best of Ebay" like the best of craigslist. They are hilarious.

A few eBay updates with my fruitcakes / beefcakes. I'm telling ya, they're is something in the water.

Side note to type first for LOLs : So my local US Post Office thinks I'm having broken glass delivered to my address on a regular basis. Don't ask. My main delivery guy is cool but it seems the backup guy (lazy) is a problem. He keeps trying to get out of delivering boxes but his boss tells him the mail must be delivered, broken or not.

The UK buyer def tried to scam me with that C3PO gold fig auction. That is why he kept asking about signature delivery. Once I was finally able opened to open a case for not paying, he ignored it and took the unpaid strike. Luckily, I have it sold via Bricklink.

The Indy Jones Temple Escape : Despite still being a good deal at my price, it isn't complete as described. The Satipo minifig is missing along with 15 common inexpensive elements and the white spider web. How the heck do you think a set is complete without the larger cobweb and a minifig. The funny thing is the seller included the manual.

I found a nice deal on an Eiffel Tower in a box outside of eBay (saw it on eBay after the auction ended). It finally arrived today and the guy put cut cardboard around it and wrapped brown paper bags around it. It somehow arrived in decent shape. I included a pic of this pack job. Funny thing is the guy paid $27 to ship it US Priority

The opened 10175 finally arrived. The guy sent me a tracking # for another person. I def thought this was going to fall through. The shipping box was smashed. Now I need to build it to see if it is compete as described. At initial glance, the key elements (cockpit, display stand with sticker, 2x1 slope with printed Death Star trench graphic) are there and in nice shape. Some of the light Bley elements are discolored though (e.g. The circular top hatch).

Not every eBay auction was bad though. The sealed Hogwarts Castle and Train arrived in excellent condition as did the POTC QAR - BP combo and a sealed Vader's Transformation. The complete but open Imperial Flagship arrived also in excellent condition w/ box and instructions.

I rarely buy big sets on eBay so I do not know how others package their wares.  However, if that pic is showing an acceptable packaging for a set, then you would be shocked and awed by how well I package my sets

Some guy just listed a BIN for a set and said it was 95% complete and if someone bought it they would get the bricklink wanted list.

I asked him if I could see the list because I would buy it if I new it wasn't missing the important pieces. He said "I spent a lot of the time on the list. It is an enticement for the winning buyer that they get the list".

UMMMMMMM.... What?

Why would anyone buy it if they don't know what's missing. And why would withholding that information make someone buy it?

I had two silly shipping related things happen recently

I bought a BIN listing but the seller didnt specify shipping (ask seller for shipping cost), so I contact the seller and ask for shipping costs. Instead of updating invoice he replies back with the cost. eBay won't allow me to checkout and pay since shipping cost isn't specified. I reply that he needs to update the listing with the shipping cost. Instead, the seller relists it the next day and its sold to someone else before I realize what's happened, this time with the shipping cost specified. Ugh!

I see another BIN listing with "Ask seller for shipping cost" and send a question. The reply I get back is "you would probably be better off going to USPS site and getting I yourself".

LOL, not going to waste time with that listing!

I had two silly shipping related things happen recently

I bought a BIN listing but the seller didnt specify shipping (ask seller for shipping cost), so I contact the seller and ask for shipping costs. Instead of updating invoice he replies back with the cost. eBay won't allow me to checkout and pay since shipping cost isn't specified. I reply that he needs to update the listing with the shipping cost. Instead, the seller relists it the next day and its sold to someone else before I realize what's happened, this time with the shipping cost specified. Ugh!

I see another BIN listing with "Ask seller for shipping cost" and send a question. The reply I get back is "you would probably be better off going to USPS site and getting I yourself".

LOL, not going to waste time with that listing!

LOL that's grade A laziness.

Silly people

I just got a message back from him. He says I am trying to bully him into giving me the parts list so I have an unfair advantage. ITS BUY IT FREAKIN NOW. WHAT DO YOU CARE - YOU GET THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY.

Man, I can't deal with it. Lol. I don't even want it - I just want him to admit it's a dumb reason.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I have been looking for a place to post this lately and looks like I can do it here...........It absolutely makes my blood boil when someone doesn't leave feedback. I would have at least 50 more feedbacks if everyone left feedback like they were supposed to do. In my mind its part of the purchase agreement!! DAMN YOU LAZY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

I've found that no matter what there are just going to be lazy sob's, that no matter what will not leave feed back.  I am starting to get more feedback when I wait for their feedback before leaving my own.

Because you don't have to.

I only leave it for sold items to acknowledge ive recieved payment ok

You don't have to sell on Ebay either and you do it right?

Its a system where you should leave feedback just to tell seller that everything is ok about items...

I bet you open case and/or put negatives when you do not get what you buy...

I really dislike such attitude from buyers. Its also a reason why i started giving negatives to those who do not leave feedback and item shows delivered for longer than 3 weeks... because they are lazy they deserve negative in my opinion.