Advertise on Brickpicker.com - Promote Your LEGO Business

Guest eightbrick

Holy jeez that's cheap. Jeff's gonna have to referee the fights over available spots.

Haha, classic repititon. Nice.

Perhaps the low prices will inspire a bidding war.

I am more of a collector/builder than a flipper, so I don't even really sell sets, but I am shocked of all the super sellers on here do not jump on this to help bring more attention to their eBay shops or Bricklink stores.  I mean a $25 investment in your business that may bring even a small percentage of extra eyes on your sets is worth it.  An extra sale here or there more than pay for it.  Maybe people here are not as business savvy as they make themselves appear to me.  I don't know?

Nice job though guys with the offer to help people boost their sales as well as support the site.

Jeff, can you create a sample so we can see what one would look like on the site?

Congrats to Quacs.  The first member to post an ad on the site.  He is pointing it to his blog.  Thank you Quacs!

By the way, for those of you who would want to play around with making an ad, here is a very nice FREE banner maker.

http://www.bannerfans.com/banner_maker.php

I suggest showing different ads dependent on the location of who is viewing.  You can sell more slots then and we will not all be competing with each other for a single slot that is only going to be relevant to a subset of the members.

Just split the viewership up into regions and sell slots per region, with a discount if someone wants all the regions.

What do you think?

Guest eightbrick

Wow, Quacs you were actually serious about advertising your blog? Awesome sauce, man you are one hardcore blogger!

• 4 months later...

I will not say who the member is, but I will say that earlier today they said their traffic already doubled to store after a few hours. So yes, good traffic. I will stay in touch to see if there are sales.

I know I clicked on it because I thought it was a website, not an eBay store... so there is going to probably be a big chunk of click-throughs like that.

I will say that if I knew WHO ran the store, I'd be more likely to buy. DNIIM and FC101 advertise their stores and I would feel better purchasing from them for no other reason that they represent an identity that I already know. An anonymous user, whether a BP regular or not, is no different than going through the regular eBay channels. Just my 2 cents.

I will say that if I knew WHO ran the store, I'd be more likely to buy. DNIIM and FC101 advertise their stores and I would feel better purchasing from them for no other reason that they represent an identity that I already know. An anonymous user, whether a BP regular or not, is no different than going through the regular eBay channels. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you 100%, but that is up to them, not me.

The Brick Closet is my eBay Store - open to all shoppers!  I PMed Jeff yesterday about putting up a banner ad for two primary reasons: 

1. Finally hitting that mythical "100" positive feedback mark that many of you hit a long time ago.

2. Meeting the threshold for "Top Seller" status

Jeff is right - I saw a big uptick in visits to the site today.  I'll try to post some statistics on views, etc. once eBay's Traffic Reports feature comes available.  How many of those visits were from curious Brickpickers remains to be seen.

And Frog, nobody wants me as an overlord...

• Like 5

Guest eightbrick

The Brick Closet is my eBay Store - open to all shoppers! 

Am I the only one who suddenly wants to buy something? Quacs, you are powering the advertising of this site lol