Target Stores - What's that smell?

exciter1

I know this is a little off topic from normal Brickpicker discussion.  Since many of us are frequenting Target stores recently for clearance deals, what is that smell you get a strong indication of when you walk into Target?

I did a quick Google on it and some say it's a scent they add to the HVAC system, others think it's a mixture of popcorn and new product smell.  Do you think it's an actual scent, because they really do all smell the same, for the most part?

If it is a fragrance of some sort, I'm not buying it for an air freshener, soap, or laundry detergent.

Whatever that smell is its a hell of a lot better than that smell in front of walmart

lol - no kidding! (We have one or two nicer Walmarts around us, but most of them are pretty funky looking AND smelling and there always seems to be some unfortunate screaming child getting spanked in every one of them.)

• Like 1

I must be so accustomed to my Target because I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. :wacko:

What smell ?  I honestly never pay attention to smells at any store, unless it is a very strong one from the perfume section.

You might have other things on your mind, but make a mental note to pay attention the next time you walk into a Target.  I'm pretty sure the smell is generally the same at all stores across the country.

I know this is a little off topic from normal Brickpicker discussion.  Since many of us are frequenting Target stores recently for clearance deals, what is that smell you get a strong indication of when you walk into Target?

I did a quick Google on it and some say it's a scent they add to the HVAC system, others think it's a mixture of popcorn and new product smell.  Do you think it's an actual scent, because they really do all smell the same, for the most part?

If it is a fragrance of some sort, I'm not buying it for an air freshener, soap, or laundry detergent.

I have never noticed anything but I will check it out next time I go.

What smell ?  I honestly never pay attention to smells at any store, unless it is a very strong one from the perfume section.

Unless I am passing by an area like the perfume section you mentioned, every retailer smells pretty much the same to me. Now some places like Sam's Club smell like an open concrete tiled warehouse and Kmart smells a little dirty everywhere, but Target or Walmart smell like any other regular retail store generally. The deli smells like it should, the vendor for popcorn and hotdogs smells as such, and the fruits and vegetables smell as they would any other day. Nothing there soon as I walk in at all.

And the tune isn't bad. You're bad! And you should feel bad! :cheese:

Sorry...can't do it! I'm a Neil Young fan, and living in the South with a biracial child I can't advocate for bands/people who still wave the Confederate flag around. Not saying everyone that listens to Skynrd is a fan of the Confederacy or a divided nation, I know some people just like their music and could care less about the politics and symbols. But I've met many who carry the confederate flag as a surviving beacon of their belief that they are still superior to others.