NEW BRICKPICKER MEMBER FAQs & INVESTMENT QUESTIONS

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone!

I'm new to brickvesting and I'm so glad I found this site! It's awesome and really helpful for a newbie like me. Thanks for all the data mining and insightful posts...I have a lot to learn and catch up on. Will be leaving US and going back home (in Asia) in a few months so hopefully Lego is as popular back home!

May I ask when the data in Price Guide is updated? :)

Another silly qn that I'm most embarrassed to ask elsewhere...is it ever possible to purchase a popular set on LEGO Shop at Home at their sale price? For e.***. spmetime back Shelob Attacks was at regular price and now it's marked down and sold out! I never saw it at the Sales and Deals page tho I hang out there quite often.

Can someone enlighten me how I can go about purchasing popular sets at their sale price on the website? Do they even get listed on the Sales and Deals page? TIA!

Yea but there are quite a couple I've noticed that didn't seem to make it to the sales and deals page but are already marked and down and sold out. :( so was wondering how to ever buy them at the sale price or is it jus a holy grail...or maybe sale prices are only restricted to lego shops.

Any idea if TRU will price-match marked down lego.com prices even if items are already out of stock on lego.com?

I would like to enter the data for all of the sets my family owns, both the new sets sitting in storage as investments and those that are used by the kids or displayed at home. However, I would like to keep track of these items (investment vs personal use) separately. Is there a way to create two separate brickfolios under the same user name, not just recording the sets as new or used in one brickfolio?    Thanks

I'm not sure. What you could do is just make another user name and only use that account for tracking your personals sets. You could also just make two listings in your brickfolio one for used and one for new. Though if you keep track if value it will be off. Me, personally use the brickfolio to just keep track of what I bought and for how much. Inventory. I use ebay completed listings when I want to sell and go off that.

I would like to enter the data for all of the sets my family owns, both the new sets sitting in storage as investments and those that are used by the kids or displayed at home. However, I would like to keep track of these items (investment vs personal use) separately. Is there a way to create two separate brickfolios under the same user name, not just recording the sets as new or used in one brickfolio?    Thanks

There is no way to create two separate Brickfolios under a single username currently. It may be a feature added in the future but nothing is set in stone.

Hello,

I've been a reader/user of this site for nearly a year now, but this is my first post.  I currently have about 200 sets, most of which are for investment, and some (mostly LOTR/Hobbit, and Harry Potter) for my personal collection.  So far I have sold exclusively on craigslist, but as I'm sure you all know, that site has many issues and limitations.  I know many of you sell on ebay and bricklink, so for someone with my inventory (about $7,000 on my Brickfolio), where do you suggest I expand to?  Any other tips?

Hello fellow BrickPickers! My name is ObradKenobi, I have a questions on a Lego set I purchased and wanted to see what others Idea's were. I picked up the Star Wars Duel on Geonosis, I have been looking at this one for a while and thought it would be a nice set. When entering into my brickfolio I noticed that they do not value this set so much. Any help on this would be qppriciated as I'm debating taking it back even though I got it on clearance at Walmart for $30 a piece which would be the same as buy one get one 50% off. Thank you for your time and input in advance.

Hello fellow BrickPickers! My name is ObradKenobi, I have a questions on a Lego set I purchased and wanted to see what others Idea's were. I picked up the Star Wars Duel on Geonosis, I have been looking at this one for a while and thought it would be a nice set. When entering into my brickfolio I noticed that they do not value this set so much. Any help on this would be qppriciated as I'm debating taking it back even though I got it on clearance at Walmart for $30 a piece which would be the same as buy one get one 50% off. Thank you for your time and input in advance.

25% off of a set is a solid discount. I would not return it. It is not worth your trouble and effort to do so. If you think the set is of interest, go with your original instinct. Some Star Wars sets take a while to appreciate, but if you have some patience, you might be rewarded one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker