NEW BRICKPICKER MEMBER FAQs & INVESTMENT QUESTIONS

Hello. I'm relatively new to the site and my family and I are really into searching out great deals on Legos. My brother are fairly knowlegable about the sets and the history of Lego, but we're new to the wheeling and dealing aspect of the market. What would you suggest to a beginner in the Lego investing field? How can we start to build our inventory and make a bit of profit along the way?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael and welcome to the site. if you are looking to build your inventory then I suggest you follow the daily deals thread. There are a few good sales right now (Toys R Us, Target) and everything gets updated every few hours. Also there are tons on articles to cover from buying to storage to selling/collecting, I would strongly recommend you go thru those, they helped my a lot.. Good luck

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kabo0686

Hello Im Karl from Sweden.

By the way I want to have 14 more posts before I can start a new topic in the trading forum. Anyone who has a really complicated subject they want to discuss with me for 14 posts? Come on lets dig into it!

Hello Im Karl from Sweden.

By the way I want to have 14 more posts before I can start a new topic in the trading forum. Anyone who has a really complicated subject they want to discuss with me for 14 posts? Come on lets dig into it!

Oh dear. Interesting method of getting to the required number of posts. The post requirement is made to make members get a feel of how you "roll" so to speak, and whether or not they feel comfortable working with you in the case of a trade. Repeated posts in the introduction forum won't get you very far. I suggest responding to other exhisting topics, that will give members a better idea of who you are, and quite possibly, make them more willing to trade with you. 

Guest kabo0686

I'm sorry it is understood, I was happy about the trading section and then I got a little impatient.

This is a great site. And I will try to be an asset rather than *******. 

edit:

aha that was a really bad word..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Ballpark, what is the price per lb someone should be paying for used lego?

Here is a good thread to look at since it talks about bulk, used Lego buying. Link.

If you want to find a good price for a specific lot, click here. After you scroll down you will see place where you can enter the theme(s), color(s), and the minimum price of a lot. It will then give you the average price people pay based off of eBay listings. I hope that helped! If you have anymore questions please ask.

Hi there oh great brickpicker gods,

Just wondering if it is against any rules if we start a sell/trade post/listing in the Australia thread? Thanks

No selling. Just trading. Keep it in the forum for trading. Maybe just add [AUS] to the title.

The classifieds will be here soon

• Like 1

Hello,

I just joined this website and spent a few evenings trying to learn everything possible about it.

I am very interested in LEGO investing and reselling. I purchased my first sets yesterday.

I have 3 used sets in excellent condition that I have been able to research the applicable number.

But, 1 set I cannot locate the identification number. If I post the picture, would anyone be interested in helping me?

Hello,

I just joined this website and spent a few evenings trying to learn everything possible about it.

I am very interested in LEGO investing and reselling. I purchased my first sets yesterday.

I have 3 used sets in excellent condition that I have been able to research the applicable number.

But, 1 set I cannot locate the identification number. If I post the picture, would anyone be interested in helping me?

Welcome to the site.

Many members here are more than willing to help. Post the pic and I'm sure you will get an answer or two.

Good luck.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

umm three guess's it's a set covered in snow, the rare invisible set number    , or a posting error resulting in no pic

edit: there we go :)