NEW BRICKPICKER MEMBER FAQs & INVESTMENT QUESTIONS

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright another (very) newbie question: will lego put a set such as the Grand Emporium or R2D2 under the retiring soon category? And if so, why doesn't everyone just buy it when it says that instead of guessing when it will retire? 

I can already feel your laughter through the computer screen, but I gotta know.

Alright another (very) newbie question: will lego put a set such as the Grand Emporium or R2D2 under the retiring soon category? And if so, why doesn't everyone just buy it when it says that instead of guessing when it will retire?

I can already feel your laughter through the computer screen, but I gotta know.

Many times the set is long gone before that status is posted .. And assuming it is available trying to order 20 GE in a couple days span is not prudent as that will raise a reg flag @ tlg and not many can accord dropping 3k in one go.

Hi there BrickPicker Community! What an awesome forum. My cousin and I our rekindling our love for LEGO and this looks like it will be a great platform for us to combine our interests in entrepreneurship and LEGO! Thank you for being so forward thinking.

We've created a business called BrickVentures - check us out on Facebook at www.facebook.com/brickventures and Twitter @brickventures - our goal is to create a space where we can be creative, entrepreneurial and educational. We're starting with LEGO reselling via eBay, which is off to a somewhat slow start - that's okay though, we're in it for the long haul (here's my eBay Profile). We both have great careers and this is something that has sparked our interest. Over the next few months we'll be working on the creative and educational aspect of what we do. More to come on that!

A question I'd like to ask of this group is, how and when do folks see the BrickPricker Portfolio translate into realized sales? There's a lot of selling happening on eBay, and very often, not quite at the investment prices I'm seeing in my portfolio. BrickPicker offers a great data resource, I wonder what I might be missing in terms of turning around some great sets and great prices?

Any feedback BrickPicker has would be AMAZING!

Thanks!

EBLego81

Hey guys, I have two questions. First off, how in the world does the whole adding to cart thing work on Bricklink?! I will add an item to my cart, it will say 'successfully added to cart' and then I will go to get another piece and when I check my cart again it's nowhere to be found. Ugh. Second question, this one also involving Bricklink: This probably sounds pretty nooby, but is it possible to find every piece of a set such as the UCS millenium falcon or the 3450 statue of liberty and then build one of those sets? 

Hey guys, I have two questions. First off, how in the world does the whole adding to cart thing work on Bricklink?! I will add an item to my cart, it will say 'successfully added to cart' and then I will go to get another piece and when I check my cart again it's nowhere to be found. Ugh. Second question, this one also involving Bricklink: This probably sounds pretty nooby, but is it possible to find every piece of a set such as the UCS millenium falcon or the 3450 statue of liberty and then build one of those sets? 

On your second question..yes, but many times it is cheaper to buy a used set.

Ok, so a few weeks ago I bought about 20 pieces from lego.com's pick a brick. The order was about 4 bucks, plus tax and shipping came out to about 9$. Well, I went to do the track my package, and it says it came on MONDAY. Four days ago. I've checked every single door that it could have possibly arrived at and brought the mail in everyday. It never came. What. The. Crap. I'm guessing that I should call lego customer service, but can you even get your money back on a package that never arrived?  :negative:

Wow. So I have to make 60 different tabs just to buy 60 bricks. That site needs some serious reworking.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

Actually, no.  I know it takes some getting used to, but once you've got it down, it's not so bad.

Easiest thing is to create a want list.  Then, when you go into a particular store, you can search for items on your want list.  When you're in a particular store, you will have to check out with that store.

So, hopefully, most of the 60 items you're looking for are in that particular store.  But you will have to check out with them before you can go onto another store to fulfill the other items that you need.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

A basic question and I know there's not really a definitive answer but any advice or ball park figures would be hugely appriciated.

What % profit margin do you guys think is good, or what do you aim for?

I'm thinking anywhere between 15%-20% is a good margin to be make.

When I say profit margin I mean (cost+expenses)/sale price

Any help?

Hi guys,

A basic question and I know there's not really a definitive answer but any advice or ball park figures would be hugely appriciated.

What % profit margin do you guys think is good, or what do you aim for?

I'm thinking anywhere between 15%-20% is a good margin to be make.

When I say profit margin I mean (cost+expenses)/sale price

Any help?

I guess it depends on what you define as "good", but I would consider 30% acceptable. For long-term investments, I would probably look for a value around double MSRP.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So ask away, no question is a bad one...

Also, check out the BrickPicker FAQs before asking, it might answer your question.  

Okay I looked in the FAQ and can't find an answer to my question. What is the deal with the Brickpicker Blogs? Every time I try to reply to the comments for a blog I'm asked to log in, but I'm already logged in since I can see my Brickfolio. If I do try to log in it says that my user name is invalid which lead me to believe the blogs were something separate. I don't see a place to register though.

• 1 month later...

Hello! I've stalked this site for a while and am thinking about starting out investing by buying doubles of sets I like. I also have a question. I want to start a winter village display and the Lego site says the cottage is hard to find at the top of the item page but retired under product summary. How do you tell which is true?

Hello! I've stalked this site for a while and am thinking about starting out investing by buying doubles of sets I like. I also have a question. I want to start a winter village display and the Lego site says the cottage is hard to find at the top of the item page but retired under product summary. How do you tell which is true?

The Cottage is retired.