Build a bonsai

IHadThisIdea

Decided to make a little challenge for myself, wanted to make a Lego Bonsai having seen some very impressive MOC's, saw that 79002 was discounted and though "oo thats got a lot of leaves and brown bits"

the other set that I looked at as a possible one to try it with was 9436 The Werewolf but thought it was a little low on the brick count and didn't have much "rock"

so I guess I'm throwing it out to anyone else that fancies a single set challenge,

Either 79002 or 9436. Build a bonsai tree and show it off.

I've been working on one but I'm still not happy with it, looks too much like a bunch of bricks still.. I'll need to redesign

Guest eightbrick

bonsai beach in austrailia?

LOL. People need to start actually reading the posts...

Anyway sounds like a great little fun challenge. I unfortunately don't have either sets, but when I get access to my part collection I will try to make one. I'm hoping for some wicked builds here, let's hope our MOCers don't disappoint :)

The whole idea was that I didn't know what parts I needed to build a bonsai and I just needed a set that contained a fair number of appropriately coloured parts so that I had something to begin with.

The challenge is that you don't get to make a perfect bonsai tree (or do you?) you only only get to use the parts that are in the 2 sets I mentioned because that is the challenge.

If you want to purchase the parts through bricklink for the sets in question then your of course welcome too but the challenge would be to only use the parts that are part of sets 79002 or 9436. or .. if your feeling too limited get both and use both, but at least state what sets you've used.

ohh and as people have already realised not Bondi Beach

Bonsai tree