When & where did you find out about BrickPicker?

I found the site last fall while searching for lego sites online. I bookmarked it but didn't really pay too much attention until I got active towards the end of April 2013. Of course, I wish I had paid attention earlier because I passed on a bunch of sets (Dino Defense, Black pearls, etc) last Christmas season!

I was searching for driving directions to the Glendale Galleria and ended up here. 

Or...I was contemplating buying a Tower Of Orthanc during the VIP presale and tried to convince my girlfriend it was a sound investment decsion.  That led to googling the price of the HP Castle, which in turn led me here.

I had read the USA Today article...so it wasn't a "new" concept to me.

Guest idunno101

About a year ago I was going through the videos on Brickshow because I have nothing else better to do then, there was this Brickpicker ad on the side of the page. Clicked on it and signed up on here 5 minutes later. It was the start of a new beginning for me :ahappy:

• 2 weeks later...

My friend shared this website last week with me. I am slowly starting to come back into the Lego scene. I used to have some great sets in the late 80's and early 90's, but not sure what happened to them.

I purchased a few sets last week, which I am enjoying and relish collecting more!

I first read about Brickpicker in a newspaper article in Oklahoma during Christmas 2012. I had just begun investing in stocks with a little success, but it had never occurred to me that Legos could be a good investment. The article I read claimed that some Lego sets even outperform most stocks. They were of course using the 10179-1: UCS Millennium Falcon as their example. I've always loved Legos and it just so happened that shortly after reading that article Lego released its Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit sets. That was all it took. A few months and many sets later I am now officially a small time lego investor.

Guest eightbrick

I first read about Brickpicker in a newspaper article in Oklahoma during Christmas 2012. I had just begun investing in stocks with a little success, but it had never occurred to me that Legos could be a good investment. The article I read claimed that some Lego sets even outperform most stocks. They were of course using the 10179-1: UCS Millennium Falcon as their example. I've always loved Legos and it just so happened that shortly after reading that article Lego released its Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit sets. That was all it took. A few months and many sets later I am now officially a small time lego investor.

Interesting. I am assuming you are reffering to the article in USA Today, yes? I'm also a big fan of the LOTR sets. Welcome to the site!

A few years ago I searched Google for information about investing in Lego products.  There wasn't much out there, but I began buying sets here and there, looking for sales, not many, but noticed prices going up.  So my recent search showed Brickpicker and here I am.

• 3 weeks later...