When & where did you find out about BrickPicker?

I'm with JayDouble. In fact, my join date was so recent I can literally pinpoint the exact moment this entire world of LEGO investments cascaded into my life...

It was this comment.

http://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/22abku/my_wife_is_very_keen_on_the_economics_of_double/cgkwkiz

"Retiring?!"

-*vague recollections of very VERY high eBay prices for old discontinued sets arise*-

A few Google moments later, and I found my way to Brickpicker. With Double VIP, the Legendary MHC Target Blowout, and impending May the 4th deals, I was instantly sucked in.

(Should be interesting to note that I found the USA Today article AFTER I found the Brickpicker site itself.)

First post...Found the site through a google search because of dark age.  Have a mix of open sets from the 90s and about a hundred big sealed sets from 2012-2014.  Read the USA Today article after joining the site which sounds funny in light of how many people join the site.  

• 2 months later...

Not sure exactly how I found this place.

I've been in a "dim" age for about the last dozen years. Recently noticed the prices for some of the older sets on Amazon (which I have a bunch of MIB), and was browsing around. Didn't realize just how active the buying/selling/investment trend was. And now I'm deeply regretting passing on so many things way back when. Like the Statue of Liberty set. I remember looking at that on Shop@Home and thinking it didn't really fit my needs for parts and colors. <sigh>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was building a new house, but couldn't decide on which bricks to pick, so I went to Google and...

nah who am I kidding.....! Actually...the site was mentioned to me by an employee at my local B&M store. I was looking for a particular set (can't recall which one) and he mentioned eBay (obvious) but also some other sites as well. Visited a few of them (including this one) and this is the one that stuck out the most.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interestingly enough A friend of mine who has nothing to do with lego collecting or investing told me about this site. Started to invest a little over a year ago and when I told him about it he looked into it himself, but never followed through on the interest he had. But at one point he did tell me "hey did you know there's a site completely dedicated to lego investing with current set prices and everything?" Naturally I was curious and signed up here. Now I come here every day lol

• 1 month later...

I am an avid EBay seller, so when I heard a family friend was selling Legos on EBay, I was excited to talk shop. He showed me what he was selling, and told me about his research process, and talked about brickpicker. Once I saw the 10220 he had recently built, I was in! The last thing I asked him is, "What's the name of that website?" Now here I am, building my Brickfolio!

• 2 weeks later...

Folks,

I figured that I would take a moment to introduce myself and what my wife and I do as I hope to become more active on here in the future:

I am new to this site, but not new to Lego's.  My name is Rob and my wife and I own Robs Toy's And Collectables on Ebay.  (On Ebay it looks like "robstoysandcollectables."  We are out of New Hampshire in the USA. 

We both have FT jobs, myself in Law Enforcement and the Army and my wife works at a school.  We've been selling since 2009 and every year we get a little better at it and we sell a little more.  A dream of mine would be to retire from LE and do this full time, which might turn into a reality someday soon.

We don't claim to be the biggest, the best, or always have the lowest prices, but we do take great pride in every order and in doing the best at what we do.  Our two young daughters are also active in the business helping with orders and mail runs.

I greatly appreciate hearing from many of you and taking lot's of great advice and hopefully giving some when I can.

Cheers!

-Rob and Allison

• 4 weeks later...