When & where did you find out about BrickPicker?

• 2 weeks later...

Found this site while looking for places where AFOLs hang out.  At the time, I didn't know about the term "AFOL" nor did I know about Lego investing, and was pleasantly surprised that (a) Lego investment was a thing, and (b) it had reached a point where a site like BrickPicker exists, with actual data-backed analyses.

Brand new to the site. Found by searching for bulk parts purchases. I'm interested in a new approach to building my collection that is more economically in line with my life as a father to a college bound child. I am moving back to my roots of building and creating instead of just collecting. 

What I am interested in learning is how to purchase the parts I want in bulk when LEGO doesn't seem to offer them through the Pick a Brick category. 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was looking for a Lego app for my phone, and stumbled upon this app. I like this app a lot. I didn't realize there was an investment side to Lego's. I bought my 1st couple of sets to invest in last month. I have to say its hard not to open and build them. From now on I'm buying 2 sets, one to build, and one to hang on to.

• Like 1

I was looking for a Lego app for my phone, and stumbled upon this app. I like this app a lot. I didn't realize there was an investment side to Lego's. I bought my 1st couple of sets to invest in last month. I have to say its hard not to open and build them. From now on I'm buying 2 sets, one to build, and one to hang on to.

I do the same

• 3 weeks later...

I found Bricklink.com in early May 2016, ordered ship sections so I could make my own version of Black Seas Barracuda, a set I have coveted for decades.  I found a huge lot on craigslist, and the seller referenced Brickpicker.com to price his sets.  

I decided to check out the website, especially since I just bought my first Star Wars Ultimate Collectors Series, the Sandcrawler!  After failing to procure the Super Star Destroyer, I made a decision to start buying Lego sets as an investment.  

And my newfound interest in my Lego connection is a result of my 1st and 2nd daughter reaching Lego age, and the birth of my son on May 8th! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say hi, and how I found this site.

I have been thinking about selling some of my older LEGO sets and buying new ones for a while now. Lived in the dark ages for over 15 years, but now I have a kid, and enjoy building MOCs with him. Then I had the crazy idea to use some of my programming skills to see if I can optimize Bricklink Purchases, and finally I searched for ideas on "Invest" and "LEGO" in google and here I am! :)

Hope to learn a bunch about the history of LEGO, how set prices evolve, and give back to the community once I know more. Glad to be here,

Jack

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...