Half 4842 - What to do?

boxofcorey

Found about half of a Hogwarts 4842 in a used lot, the dining hall and the other big entrance building... do I bother attempting to find the other bags for this set to build the other 2 towers? Starting to look through BL, but this seems like a giant headache and I'm guessing it's going to cost me just as much to gather it is as it will bring it if I sell it.

I wouldn't mind even displaying it, but I can't find a decent process that isn't almost worth just paying the used eBay prices for a complete one. :blink:

I also think that the 2x10 reddish brown brick is kind of hard to get. Not expensive, but it seems to be in very limited BL stores. It comes with the Great Hall so you should be fine with that.

I actually bought a lot that included a bunch of pieces other than those in the Great Hall. It has most of the other structures, if you are interested.

I also think that the 2x10 reddish brown brick is kind of hard to get. Not expensive, but it seems to be in very limited BL stores. It comes with the Great Hall so you should be fine with that.

I actually bought a lot that included a bunch of pieces other than those in the Great Hall. It has most of the other structures, if you are interested.

Absolutely interested. This was kind of my intention anyway, I figured there had to be someone else on here that has numerous half sets through their used lot purchases.

On a side note, why can I never find the "inventories" button on bricklink anymore? I feel like its there sometimes but I can't get the set piece list when I really need it.

Found about half of a Hogwarts 4842 in a used lot, the dining hall and the other big entrance building... do I bother attempting to find the other bags for this set to build the other 2 towers? Starting to look through BL, but this seems like a giant headache and I'm guessing it's going to cost me just as much to gather it is as it will bring it if I sell it.

I wouldn't mind even displaying it, but I can't find a decent process that isn't almost worth just paying the used eBay prices for a complete one. :blink:

In situations I just try to sell as much of the set as I can on Ebay and then go from there.

• 1 year later...

A question about this set.

I bought a used 4842 Hogwarts Castle yesterday and it seems 100% complete. When going through the instructions (book 1, page 3) I saw that Harry Potter himself has like a trasparent cape or poncho. Which I did not find it in the set. Can anyone tell me what this is?

Thanks in advance.