**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

We have started discussing this....in a Walmart forum thread, thought it will be worth a thread here.

What we know so far (per Emes and the powerful Interwebz)

- Target will likely have a summer toy clearance

- The start date has historically been around July 15

- Target clearance prices will range from 30/50/70% off as the sale goes on - only seasonal items get the 90% off tag now (mmmm Easter Peeps).

Consider this an invite to do some asking at your local Target and post results back to this thread. If most are really stashing pulled items in the back, might be some good deals to be had (and explain why I couldn't find a single The Mine set in any target around me, even though they all have the set dlsplay thing.)

Let's get ready to find some deals!!

I'd ask people at my local Target if I didn't already know they were worthless, mouth-breathing imbeciles.

That said, I can't wait to see what they've stashed away in their stockrooms for this clearance.

Haha. That's my point in the thread, I'm sure a few people out there have a good Target contact to help nail down the date. I really hope it is earlier than July 15, only because I'll be traveling for work then.

For the after-Christmas sales, the Targets (6 nearby) were fairly in-sync with their clearance. In particular, I am talking about the Series 1 Planet sets. First they were $7 at all of them (I spend whole afternoons dragging my dad around to different Targets) and then about a week after in about mid-January, it went down to $5. After about another 3 weeks, they dropped to $4 and then they were all scooped up by either me or someone else. Another set that is similar to this is the Geonosian Starfighter. They didn't last quite as long, mainly because I decided to scoop all of them up, but about 3 Targets had them, for $17 each.

They are together in pricing, but not necessarily in availability, which still makes Target runs "hit-or-miss".

For the after-Christmas sales, the Targets (6 nearby) were fairly in-sync with their clearance. In particular, I am talking about the Series 1 Planet sets. First they were $7 at all of them (I spend whole afternoons dragging my dad around to different Targets) and then about a week after in about mid-January, it went down to $5. After about another 3 weeks, they dropped to $4 and then they were all scooped up by either me or someone else. Another set that is similar to this is the Geonosian Starfighter. They didn't last quite as long, mainly because I decided to scoop all of them up, but about 3 Targets had them, for $17 each.

They are together in pricing, but not necessarily in availability, which still makes Target runs "hit-or-miss".

I agree with this. The ones around me are surprisingly consistent from store to store. Even across states they seem to generally be exactly the same everywhere. Unlike Walmart.

I think the stores are together in having a sale yet still not have the same kind of sales. I visited my Target right after New Year's day and they had what was left of the Planets and Minotaurus' for 50% off and some other things on sale closer to 25%-30% off. They still had most of the older stock for full retail with maybe a couple of dollars off. Later on around the end of January, they priced the remaining Planets about 75% off.

Like the phrase goes.

"Your experience may vary."

walked into my local target today and most of the SuperHeroes and Monster Fighters are now on clearance along with some LOTR sets. But not much of a discount because Hawaii has inflated prices and they only discounted a couple dollars at most bringing the price just close to retail .... s**tty!!

Guest betsy805

heard on a facebook page dedicated to Target that some stores have already started marking things down to 30% off.  We'll see if my local Targets do anything as they seem to sell out of EVERYTHING before it has a chance to be discounted!  

My wife is in Florida for the week and shops target like crazy. She said the one she went to today had some toys 30% off but no Legos holding true to the all things target blog.

In my experience with target is that most stores put the same things on clearance about the same time but are sometime a week or so off of each other and sometime aren't market down as much. We have about 5 or 6 targets within 45 minutes of our house.

I see Mega Bloks shown which was amusing but no Lego yet. Still have yet another week of June before the whole thing kicks off closer to full swing I would guess so here's for hoping something good (and Lego) is found on sale.

I'm still waiting for the KISS knex to get put on clearance.  I wanna rock and roll all night and party every day.

Anyways, a Target it visited today had 3 Orc Forges.  I decided to scan them and they came up NCF.  In other words, they will not be replenished.  I don't think these will hit clearance so if you have any local, now may be the time to pull the trigger. :declare:

I was just at the target website and there was a little banner at the top promoting a "Balck Friday" sales on July 16th-17th?  I dont remember exactly b/c now that I signed up for the email updates the banner is no longer there.  Someone go check out target.com and see if it is there so I know I am not crazy.

I was just at the target website and there was a little banner at the top promoting a "Balck Friday" sales on July 16th-17th? I dont remember exactly b/c now that I signed up for the email updates the banner is no longer there. Someone go check out target.com and see if it is there so I know I am not crazy.

I just saw it too. It appears to just be a generic target sales email signup and not actually for a specific sale event.