**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

Utility_BFIJ_0623_X0Y0W2H2_C.jpg

The date won't show in the image itself but states a "sale 7/12 and 7/13."

With the lackluster numbers retailers keep talking about from 'regular' Black Fridays these past years, I take it they are trying to make another one to intentionally drum up sales and make up for the other. I wouldn't mind if it meant more potential discounts and less chaos (like people practically killing each other over a dang $8 toaster oven).

Don't know why I did not think of this before. I just did a screencapture for Target's "Bonus Black Friday" sale ad for everyone to see. Never know if and when the original page will come down so here you go. You can thank Pickleboy for this.

gallery_2081_28_358016.png

Awesome. Thanks Pickleboy! My page looked differently with just the little circle that said "black friday sale" and when I clicked on it it went to a generic "deals" signup.

Is this something that you have to sign up for, or can you just walk into the store and grab some sets?

I'm thinking the "sign up" is probably just to receive additional coupons and email spam/notifications. It shouldn't be necessary to get Lego's on clearance, but there could be a coupon for something Lego, who knows. 

Was in a Target tonight in Edgewater, NJ. They had 3 end caps of clearance with random stuff at 30% off. Some random stuff had clearance tags throughout the toy section. No LEGO was discounted. They had perhaps 8 Orc Forges, which is the most I've seen in any one place in a while.

Was in a Target tonight in Edgewater, NJ. They had 3 end caps of clearance with random stuff at 30% off. Some random stuff had clearance tags throughout the toy section. No LEGO was discounted. They had perhaps 8 Orc Forges, which is the most I've seen in any one place in a while.

Same for the one I went to today, except no Orc Forges at all!

I don't know what this means exactly, but I noticed today that store stock on a few sets have jumped.  Whereas before there were only a few 9463 sets, today there were literally 19 of them on the shelf making up two rows instead of the usual one.  Stock also jumped similarly for 9471 and 6868.  Prep for July clearance I'm guessing?

I don't know what this means exactly, but I noticed today that store stock on a few sets have jumped.  Whereas before there were only a few 9463 sets, today there were literally 19 of them on the shelf making up two rows instead of the usual one.  Stock also jumped similarly for 9471 and 6868.  Prep for July clearance I'm guessing?

Nice observation. I hope you are correct, sir. It would be sweet to see Uruk-Hai Army clearanced.

Nice observation. I hope you are correct, sir. It would be sweet to see Uruk-Hai Army clearanced.

That would be nice. Nothing to report at my Target as of yet. Stock and everything else is just the same as before but we still have a couple more days left until July so I'm not sweating it now. I really hope this sale thing is nationwide; I'd hate to only hear about everybody else's deals for days on end....again. Curse that Shopko (a store I never heard of before BrickPicker).

I've noticed that where the Helm's Deep sets are sitting, the tag actually says Pirate Ship Ambush.  The Super Target by my house has way more clearance Lego than the other one in town, so it will be my first stop that morning.

That reminds me, I just saw the 2nd Wave of LotR sets at my Target. Very, very cool seeing each in person like that Pirate Ship Ambush. There was only one left of The Council of Elrond, two of Black Gate, two also of Pirate Ship Ambush, and a LOT of Wizard Battle. I'm surprised the smallest wasn't the first to completely disappear from shelves. I knew Council of Elrond was going to be a good selling mid priced set right out the gate. Now let's see how things progress as time goes by.

Black Gate has the mouth of Sauron and the council has a new Elrond and Liv Tyler, so people are going to want these sets for the figs if nothing else. Might see a lot of mouths of Sauron on EBay though if people decide to expand their Black gates and sell off the fig.

Black Gate has the mouth of Sauron and the council has a new Elrond and Liv Tyler, so people are going to want these sets for the figs if nothing else. Might see a lot of mouths of Sauron on EBay though if people decide to expand their Black gates and sell off the fig.

I have wondered what people will do with all the extra minifigures by buying two Black Gates which Lego promotes and 'nudges' you into doing so from the images showing two being attached to one another. I think I could come up with some interesting MOC ideas for Mouth of Sauron. Perhaps something along the lines of Dante's Inferno? :devil:

You also recently read the latest Dan Brown book?

I have not read Dan Brown's "Inferno" yet although it does pique my interest. I just remembered how in the first part of the "Divine Comedy" where Dante goes through the Nine Circles of Hell, and had a quirky idea that maybe the Mouth of Sauron could fit within one of those scenes built from Lego like a diorama.