**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

By the way, what do they do with their display sets?  Those they have assembled

The ones in those large acrylic cases? I've heard they get thrown away into a dumpster out back or sent back to the home office. I know plenty of people have asked if they could at least purchase the displays but management said they are not allowed to be sold.
  • Like 1

But they pop up on eBay for sale, so somehow they get snatched up...

I'm hoping someday the people who do manage on snagging themselves these displays will give away a few 'trade secrets'. I'm just going by what is generally known and has been said many times here in the forums. From personal experience, there was one time I wanted to give it shot with the small minifigure display for Monster Fighters just cause I thought it was cool and figured what the heck. They stated about the same thing with they were not allowed to sell those displays to the general public. Maybe it just depends on who you know at the store or the kind of customer you are. Most everyone at Target knows me which is good. Being nice goes a long way. ;)

Because they look cool.

Man, I remember seeing that great display at the time.

they look cool unglued but put together too lol

I agree. Ugh, I hate seeing those gobs of glue sticking out between pieces.

It makes me want to go all Charlton Heston. "DAMNIT! You glued it all to Hell!" :lol:

Went this morning to see if there was anything new. I saw two Orc Forges sitting in a cart. I asked an associate nearby doing markdowns to see if they were being marked down. She said no and they were going to get salvaged, and wheeled them off into the back. I checked the instore scanner just to see the price and it was half off. In hindsight, I should have just taken them...

Went this morning to see if there was anything new. I saw two Orc Forges sitting in a cart. I asked an associate nearby doing markdowns to see if they were being marked down. She said no and they were going to get salvaged, and wheeled them off into the back. I checked the instore scanner just to see the price and it was half off. In hindsight, I should have just taken them...

Sad Sad day, just watch it gets sent to some kids in another country as charity, if only they could sell them on ebay.

Seems I missed the boat on this topic, but both Target and Walmart summer clearances hit hard here in Albuquerque.  Here's a listing of some of the stuff I got.  Some of it is from right outside of Phoenix on a road trip several weeks before the Albuquerque clearance, the better prices are from Albuquerque.  It frustrates me to no end how there's no real consistency among the stores as to what goes on clearance.  It's almost purely manager's discretion.  You've got to visit every store in your area to find out what all is for sale, which is time consuming and expensive.

Lego Set#  Price Paid  3815  $7.48 3816  $9.98 3816  $13.98 3816  $13.98 3817  $17.48 3817  $17.48 3817  $17.48 3818  $34.98 4200  $7.00 4200  $8.38 4200  $8.38 6865  $6.48 6869  $34.98 6869  $34.98 6869  $34.98 7286  $9.98 7346  $35.00 9463  $13.98 9464  $17.48 9464  $17.48 9466  $35.00 9468  $49.98 9468  $49.98               31009  $17.48 60003  $27.98 60008  $48.98 70704  $41.98 70705  $55.98 79001  $14.98 9001765  $7.00 9001932  $7.00 9002922

$7.00

Seems I missed the boat on this topic, but both Target and Walmart summer clearances hit hard here in Albuquerque.  Here's a listing of some of the stuff I got.  Some of it is from right outside of Phoenix on a road trip several weeks before the Albuquerque clearance, the better prices are from Albuquerque.  It frustrates me to no end how there's no real consistency among the stores as to what goes on clearance.  It's almost purely manager's discretion.  You've got to visit every store in your area to find out what all is for sale, which is time consuming and expensive.

Lego Set#  Price Paid  3815  $7.48 3816  $9.98 3816  $13.98 3816  $13.98 3817  $17.48 3817  $17.48 3817  $17.48 3818  $34.98 4200  $7.00 4200  $8.38 4200  $8.38 6865  $6.48 6869  $34.98 6869  $34.98 6869  $34.98 7286  $9.98 7346  $35.00 9463  $13.98 9464  $17.48 9464  $17.48 9466  $35.00 9468  $49.98 9468  $49.98               31009  $17.48 60003  $27.98 60008  $48.98 70704  $41.98 70705  $55.98 79001  $14.98 9001765  $7.00 9001932  $7.00 9002922

$7.00

I probably beat you to most of it.  :crazysmile:

Found a lotr Pirate ambush at target.

Still scanned at 30% off $70 but it was on a shelf labeled 50% off

They said they would honor it

When I cashed out they took 50% off the clearance price so got it for $35 out the door

Very nice.

Grabbed 3x Black Gates today @41.98 ea. Went there for a baby swing and swooped through Lego aisle not expecting anything.

this is a dumb question, but where does target keep their clearance legos? - i went into one the other day and came up short. is there a specific aisle, or is just marked on the tag?

I have found throughout the year that Target does not typically have a specific aisle or spot for clearanced Lego really and marked down sets are with all the other Lego. However during their after holiday sales in January, Target usually has an entire aisle dedicated for all clearanced toys including Lego and there will even be a sign reading "Toy Clearance" I believe. You may still find Lego on sale in their regular aisle though and this Toy Clearance section was in the toy department itself.

this is a dumb question, but where does target keep their clearance legos? - i went into one the other day and came up short. is there a specific aisle, or is just marked on the tag?

Not a dumb question at all.  My Targets move their clearance around.  The recent summer clearance went like this:

• Before the mega-clearance event, some LEGO marked regular clearance in the LEGO isle
  • During the event, all clearance LEGO marked in the LEGO isle, some with double and triple tags
  • After the event, remaining clearance LEGO moved to the end caps and/or a designated clearance isle
  • 2 weeks after the event, remaining clearance LEGO gets removed from the shelves and sent back to the warehouse in bulk

I've even experimented with returning sets that weren't clearanced at one Target back to the one which did have them clearanced.  Most times, these returned sets never make it back to shelves.  One in approximately 10 shows back up on the shelf.  I believe this is because after they remove them from their shelves, the location for where that set goes is no longer in the system, and the re-stockers don't know where to put them.  They're likely in the back waiting to be either sent back or reassigned a new spot.

Not a dumb question at all. My Targets move their clearance around. The recent summer clearance went like this:

• Before the mega-clearance event, some LEGO marked regular clearance in the LEGO isle
  • During the event, all clearance LEGO marked in the LEGO isle, some with double and triple tags
  • After the event, remaining clearance LEGO moved to the end caps and/or a designated clearance isle
  • 2 weeks after the event, remaining clearance LEGO gets removed from the shelves and sent back to the warehouse in bulk

I've even experimented with returning sets that weren't clearanced at one Target back to the one which did have them clearanced. Most times, these returned sets never make it back to shelves. One in approximately 10 shows back up on the shelf. I believe this is because after they remove them from their shelves, the location for where that set goes is no longer in the system, and the re-stockers don't know where to put them. They're likely in the back waiting to be either sent back or reassigned a new spot.

My local Target gives items to the local Goodwill 2 mile away. Maybe I should check it out.

My local Target gives items to the local Goodwill 2 mile away. Maybe I should check it out.

I clarified this with my Target(s) too, they donate any clearance items that don't have a space on the shelf to the local Goodwill.  I guess I need to start checking those too...

How does Goodwill determine the value of LEGO sets?  Do they use the MSRP?

Surprisingly today I hit one Target store that has Hobbit King's Battle for $65.  It seems like a weekly sales special, not a clearance item. 

They are also discounting the MF Train for $52.  

Should I bite?

My Targets had the same, and Helm's Deep for $85.

I bought the Helm's Deep, but not the other two.  I've seen the King's Battle for $59, and the MF Train for $49, so these prices aren't 'good enough' to me.  Then again, I have limited funds to invest with too.

For some reason, I don't see the Train as a big seller later.  Something about the fact that it's just the ghosts as the monsters and that it's covered with bones.  I limited myself to two of those things, but I am an amateur around here.

Stopped by the nearest Target to my work over lunch and got lucky, as they had Black Gate and Pirate Ship Ambush both at 30% off (+5% with RedCard), picked up a pair of each.  They didn't even have a space for them on the regular Lego aisle, just stuffed on an endcap.  Going to hit up the other 2 in town after work today, was hoping to find some more Helm's Deep sets as they seem to finally be getting marked down according to the thread about the set.  Goblin King Battle also marked down to $64, but passing on that one.

I clarified this with my Target(s) too, they donate any clearance items that don't have a space on the shelf to the local Goodwill.  I guess I need to start checking those too...

How does Goodwill determine the value of LEGO sets?  Do they use the MSRP?

My Targets had the same, and Helm's Deep for $85.

I bought the Helm's Deep, but not the other two.  I've seen the King's Battle for $59, and the MF Train for $49, so these prices aren't 'good enough' to me.  Then again, I have limited funds to invest with too.

For some reason, I don't see the Train as a big seller later.  Something about the fact that it's just the ghosts as the monsters and that it's covered with bones.  I limited myself to two of those things, but I am an amateur around here.

Good score on Helm's Deep.  I wish I saw those.

I just went back to the same Target store this morning and grabbed the last 3 MF Trains they had.  I did some search online about MF Train, Walmart is out of stock, Target in-store only, Amazon was out yesterday but looks like they have a few today, but at $68.   $52 doesn't look too bad as of today.  I don't want to miss the boat. 

I didn't take King's Battle though.  No matter how I look at it, this set looks just ugly, not worth the gamble. :-)

Surprisingly today I hit one Target store that has Hobbit King's Battle for $65.  It seems like a weekly sales special, not a clearance item. 

They are also discounting the MF Train for $52.  

Should I bite?

The sale is a month long.  I went through all the Targets in the area and wrote down how many of big sets it has in the region.  There were not much left since almost all the stores long sold out of Helms Deep in my area.  I doubt they'll restock the ship and black gate since they ran out of space in the Lego sections at stores that clearance those sets.  You just never know since those just came out a few months ago.  If anyone keeps track of how their shelf space in each store, you can easily spot the clearances in your area.

Surprisingly today I hit one Target store that has Hobbit King's Battle for $65.  It seems like a weekly sales special, not a clearance item.  They are also discounting the MF Train for $52.   Should I bite?

According to the temporary price cut tag on the shelf, this sale is on until 9/21.