**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

Am I the only one still jumping on Monster Fighter sets at Target?

at target, yes. at walmart however I have found 8 more vampire castles for $69/each that have appeared out of nowhere the past few days. strange since I frequent my stores at least once a week if not more and these all just magically appeared in their clearance areas. glad in found them. brings me up to 18.

at target, yes. at walmart however I have found 8 more vampire castles for $69/each that have appeared out of nowhere the past few days. strange since I frequent my stores at least once a week if not more and these all just magically appeared in their clearance areas. glad in found them. brings me up to 18.

Great find...cause all Walmart in my area got NO MF anymore.....Zero. $69.00 beautiful price for this Castle.

Dang it, that is the last set of the whole theme I am missing. Hopefully my Walmart or Target even gets an odd shipment of those soon especially at that awesome price, you lucky son-of-a-gun. :acute:

Dang it, that is the last set of the whole theme I am missing. Hopefully my Walmart or Target even gets an odd shipment of those soon especially at that awesome price, you lucky son-of-a-gun. :acute:

I would offer you one, Orc, but after shipping and a little bit of profit added in for me you would probably be better off getting one off of eBay now before they get expensive. A few have sold pretty cheap, new and used, with free shipping looking at current sales. Unless maybe you have something worth the same in a trade?

I would offer you one, Orc, but after shipping and a little bit of profit added in for me you would probably be better off getting one off of eBay now before they get expensive. A few have sold pretty cheap, new and used, with free shipping looking at current sales. Unless maybe you have something worth the same in a trade?

Ah, I'm not sweating it. I have made out like a bandit on a lot of other stuff which have been on my list for a while now so it's all good. Doubtful I have something of equal value to trade let alone willing to part with but I appreciate the gesture all the same. Mark my words, those Vampyre Castles will earn you a killing some day. :vampire:

Craziest thing happened to me.  So last week Target had 79008 Lord of the Ring Pirates Ship Ambush on sale for $69.99 which I missed out on.  They also had 79007 Battle at the Black Gate for $39.99 which I got the last one.  So frustrated I didn't get any of the Pirates Ship Ambush, I thought I'll order two of each online at target.com at full price and then go back to my store and ask for price difference.  If they say no price difference I was going to return and re-purchase.  

Anyways go today with my online order and customer service says, sorry we can't do price difference on online orders.  Also they wouldn't let me return and re-purchase.  I was like that doesn't make any sense.

The guy thought about it for about two minutes while processing the return and checking the actual store price.  He goes, okay I'll let you do it one time.  

Total return from online order $331.32 for two 79008 and two 79007.  Repurchased from the guy for a total of $99.55 for the exact four items.  Basically they were marked down to 79008 $29.98 each and 79007 to $17.98 each.  

Crazy deal.  

Craziest thing happened to me.  So last week Target had 79008 Lord of the Ring Pirates Ship Ambush on sale for $69.99 which I missed out on.  They also had 79007 Battle at the Black Gate for $39.99 which I got the last one.  So frustrated I didn't get any of the Pirates Ship Ambush, I thought I'll order two of each online at target.com at full price and then go back to my store and ask for price difference.  If they say no price difference I was going to return and re-purchase.  

Anyways go today with my online order and customer service says, sorry we can't do price difference on online orders.  Also they wouldn't let me return and re-purchase.  I was like that doesn't make any sense.

The guy thought about it for about two minutes while processing the return and checking the actual store price.  He goes, okay I'll let you do it one time.  

Total return from online order $331.32 for two 79008 and two 79007.  Repurchased from the guy for a total of $99.55 for the exact four items.  Basically they were marked down to 79008 $29.98 each and 79007 to $17.98 each.  

Crazy deal.

That is unbelievable. You picked the perfect day since they just did the second round of markdown from 30 to 70% off.

On a sidenote you can no longer search inventory for the Helms Deep at the site. They only sell online now. Bye bye 35% sale.

Very interesting, both Pirates Ship Ambush and Black Gate look like pretty new release, why would they mark them down 70% off.   It doesn't make sense at all.

My Target store still has one Helm Deep on the shelf, but price scanner shows a full price $129.  Any suggestion on how to get it $85?   Buy it and return it at another Target store?

Crazy deal.  

If you had returned them outright, they likely wouldn't have gone back on the shelf, they'd just go to the nearest charity.

Should we keep ordering from online and return to the store and hope they let us repurchase to get the huge discount?

It doesn't really work.  I ordered a Vampire Castle this way and returned it to the store, and they sent it back to the warehouse rather than putting it back on the shelf. 

And if you get the wrong customer service manager, they'll get angry with you and will prevent you from doing any returns there in the future.

So I went a little crazy with the Black Gates and Pirate Ships when they went on 30% clearance a few weeks ago. I've been seeing others posting about getting 70%, so I felt I had to at least try to get a better deal. I called the customer service number to see if they could credit me, as the oldest purchase was only 2 weeks ago. They said they couldn't credit me, but I could get some help at the customer service desk of a store. The store I went to had none in stock, but they scanned at 70% off. So the woman at the counter said I could return them, but couldn't repurchase them until they hit the floor again. The restocking guy happened to walk up right when she was explaining this to me and I could tell he really didn't want to take 11 sets back to the toy section. So he told her to just resell them right there. Repurchased a total of 6 Black Gates (from 41.98 down to 17.98) and 5 Pirate Ships (from 69.98 down to 29.98). My total, tax included, went from 598.91 down to 279.69. The employees at this particular store were very nice and it couldn't have gone smoother. This definitely made my weekend.

So I went a little crazy with the Black Gates and Pirate Ships when they went on 30% clearance a few weeks ago. I've been seeing others posting about getting 70%, so I felt I had to at least try to get a better deal. I called the customer service number to see if they could credit me, as the oldest purchase was only 2 weeks ago. They said they couldn't credit me, but I could get some help at the customer service desk of a store. The store I went to had none in stock, but they scanned at 70% off. So the woman at the counter said I could return them, but couldn't repurchase them until they hit the floor again. The restocking guy happened to walk up right when she was explaining this to me and I could tell he really didn't want to take 11 sets back to the toy section. So he told her to just resell them right there. Repurchased a total of 6 Black Gates (from 41.98 down to 17.98) and 5 Pirate Ships (from 69.98 down to 29.98). My total, tax included, went from 598.91 down to 279.69. The employees at this particular store were very nice and it couldn't have gone smoother. This definitely made my weekend.

Very cool...Man, $30 for the pirate ship and $18 for the black gate this early after release is insane!  WTH...I still don't understand why these are being blown out like this...

Very cool...Man, $30 for the pirate ship and $18 for the black gate this early after release is insane!  WTH...I still don't understand why these are being blown out like this...

I think it is purely a space issue, thats why they are blowing out all of the Helms Deeps and Goblin Kings as well.  All the stores where I found them at 30% clearance had smaller LEGO sections that can't fit as much product.  The store nearest to me has a full aisle for LEGO and still has them at full retail.

A BIG thumb up to joonhee and Soadfan4ever.  You guys juat made my day!

So this evening I brought the two Ambush ships and Black Gate I bought last week to Target store, and they did a price adjustment for me without any issues.  Two Ambush ships and a Black Gate $80 out the door, can't beat that!

Thanks again!

• Like 1

A BIG thumb up to joonhee and Soadfan4ever.  You guys juat made my day!

So this evening I brought the two Ambush ships and Black Gate I bought last week to Target store, and they did a price adjustment for me without any issues.  Two Ambush ships and a Black Gate $80 out the door, can't beat that!

Thanks again!

Did you all took the sets back or just the receipts?  I have an armada of boats from 4 different Targets.

Did you all took the sets back or just the receipts?  I have an armada of boats from 4 different Targets.

I took the items and the receipts with me, so they can scan them and in case they actually took them and put the back on the shelf.  I had reciepts from 3 different stores, none of which were the one I returned them to.  I just picked the closest one to me with pleasant employees where I knew the items hit 30% the weeks beforel.  The most important thing is to make sure you take them back to a store that had them at 30% in the first place, so that hopefully they have dropped them down to 70%.  The girl at the register was able to scan them and tell me the price while I was explaining the situation.  You DO NOT want to return them to a store that never clearanced them because they will be resold at full retail.  If you know of one where the customer service people are sticklers about the rules or one that is poorly managed and items take a long time to be restocked, it may be more trouble than its worth.  I went in ready to let them hit the shelves again tonight or tomorrow, but I still had a few I kept at home too just in case.

• Like 1

I took the items and the receipts with me, so they can scan them and in case they actually took them and put the back on the shelf.  I had reciepts from 3 different stores, none of which were the one I returned them to.  I just picked the closest one to me with pleasant employees where I knew the items hit 30% the weeks beforel.  The most important thing is to make sure you take them back to a store that had them at 30% in the first place, so that hopefully they have dropped them down to 70%.  The girl at the register was able to scan them and tell me the price while I was explaining the situation.  You DO NOT want to return them to a store that never clearanced them because they will be resold at full retail.  If you know of one where the customer service people are sticklers about the rules or one that is poorly managed and items take a long time to be restocked, it may be more trouble than its worth.  I went in ready to let them hit the shelves again tonight or tomorrow, but I still had a few I kept at home too just in case.

Thanks for the info.  I'm probably going to call them for a price check and make sure they will do the adjustment.  My best scores were at the burbs so I don't feel like getting stuff out of storage then driving an hour each way and come up empty.  I also know I'll give the service rep hell with all those returns.