**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

If a Target sold out of the 2 sets at the 30% discount, is there any reason to try for the price adjustment? In other words, would the store bother to further mark down a set if they no longer had that set in stock?

It should work as long as they are still in the system. I cleared the store that I returned them to a week before I did the price adjustment. I wouldn't wait too long though, as its hard to tell what they will do once they are out of the system.

Have you tried the trick with the "limited availability" on the target App?

Search in the App for whichever item you want, select it then hit the "find in another store" button.  The list or map will show either out of stock, limited availability or in stock.  I can't remember who originally posted about it, but I have found that 100% of the stores showing limited availability to be the ones that had the sales.  In stock stores had no clearance.

Er, I did that limited availability check with my Target, the Pirate Ship Ambush came up saying "Limited stock", scanned it in store, came up full price. I tried different scanners just in case and it still rang up the original retail; no sale to be had here. :wacko:

Aaargh.  I tried it too.  No luck.  I guess the Targets in my area just love their pirate ships and/or have the space to keep them around.  Still saw a $52 Ghost Train and a $65 Mines of Moira.  Meh.

It should work as long as they are still in the system. I cleared the store that I returned them to a week before I did the price adjustment. I wouldn't wait too long though, as its hard to tell what they will do once they are out of the system.

Once they're out of the system, all previously clearanced sets are turned over to local charities (usually Goodwill) and the tax writeoff is taken instead.

I briefly thought about hawking my Goodwill stores near Targets too, but after trying once, immediately decided it was not worth the effort.

• Like 1

So, I finally had a bit of success, but yet to find that magical Target with great sets at 70% off, but I'm beginning to think that these Targets in the O.C./L.A. area screw the rich...

Anyhow, found a Helm's Deep for regular price, which was a bummer, so I scanned and scanned, but to no avail. Went to customer service and complained that another store down the ways had it for the clearance price, but that store didn't care, so the best they could do is price match the Target.com price. Anyhow, I called the other Target store and they said they would be able to adjust the purchase price, so I was like, awesome.

Went to the Target store and spoke with customer service, but they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. Felt discouraged, so the customer service manager assisted and he was the coolest guy ever! Took care of the situation and made me return the item and do a re-purchase.

While at that store, I found 9466 x 2 for $14 ea., so I was finally able to see an awesome 70% clearance! :P

Seems like they do exist, but certain "targeted" stores, which is a pain to track down...

Helm's Deep - $85

2 x The Crazy Scientist & His Monster - $14ea.

I'll be happy for now! :)

hmmm.  i wonder if the nice Target reps would have still been helpful if they knew this was for investing : :sarcastic: ha

So, I finally had a bit of success, but yet to find that magical Target with great sets at 70% off, but I'm beginning to think that these Targets in the O.C./L.A. area screw the rich...

Anyhow, found a Helm's Deep for regular price, which was a bummer, so I scanned and scanned, but to no avail. Went to customer service and complained that another store down the ways had it for the clearance price, but that store didn't care, so the best they could do is price match the Target.com price. Anyhow, I called the other Target store and they said they would be able to adjust the purchase price, so I was like, awesome.

Went to the Target store and spoke with customer service, but they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. Felt discouraged, so the customer service manager assisted and he was the coolest guy ever! Took care of the situation and made me return the item and do a re-purchase.

While at that store, I found 9466 x 2 for $14 ea., so I was finally able to see an awesome 70% clearance! :P

Seems like they do exist, but certain "targeted" stores, which is a pain to track down...

Helm's Deep - $85

2 x The Crazy Scientist & His Monster - $14ea.

I'll be happy for now! :)

Got shot down at 2 Targets trying to price adjust 8 Pirates Ambushes and 7 Black Gates. Both stores were very clear about the sets needing to go back to the shelf. I didnt even bother to ask for an exception. It wasnt happening.

I'm toying with going back about an hour before closing time so I can return them and then hang out and see if they get shelved before the store closes. If they dont then i can be there first thing in the am to try and grab them. Im nervous though. I will be kicking myself if I return them and dont get them back.

Got shot down at 2 Targets trying to price adjust 8 Pirates Ambushes and 7 Black Gates. Both stores were very clear about the sets needing to go back to the shelf. I didnt even bother to ask for an exception. It wasnt happening.

I'm toying with going back about an hour before closing time so I can return them and then hang out and see if they get shelved before the store closes. If they dont then i can be there first thing in the am to try and grab them. Im nervous though. I will be kicking myself if I return them and dont get them back.

Take 2 back at closing, then be there first thing at opening.

Should be re-shelved

If not check for carts up front waiting to be restocked

I just did the same thing twice.  I was nervous as well so decided to gamble on half my loot and if it worked, I was going to repeat it. The first night I was allowed to just buy back the sets after waiting around 30 minutes.  The second night the guest service employee was more strict and I wasn't able to buy them back until reshelved...well, they weren't reshelved until the next morning so I had to go back at 8 am...no biggie since the target is near by.  When all was said and done I was able to keep 7 pirate ships for $30 each and 6 gates for $18 each...not bad.  I must say that I was more concerned about losing these sets to the employees than to other customers.

I just did the same thing twice.  I was nervous as well so decided to gamble on half my loot and if it worked, I was going to repeat it. The first night I was allowed to just buy back the sets after waiting around 30 minutes.  The second night the guest service employee was more strict and I wasn't able to buy them back until reshelved...well, they weren't reshelved until the next morning so I had to go back at 8 am...no biggie since the target is near by.  When all was said and done I was able to keep 7 pirate ships for $30 each and 6 gates for $18 each...not bad.  I must say that I was more concerned about losing these sets to the employees than to other customers.

Great score. I still can't believe the prices on these just released, popular sets. I am curious to see how many of us will be quick flipping at Xmas. I plan on flipping my gates and holding my ships for awhile, probably for 1-2 years after eol to really maximize the profits on them.

i just returned 3 sets of Hobbit Goblin Kings 79010 to Target in Redwood City CA.  The customer service person said it was mark down to $36 each.  I just did this one hour ago and if someone is interested should go and buy it.  I just didn't want to bother since I already got my price adjustment for Pirates Ambush and Battle at the Blackgate

I'm going to order more Pirates Ambush and Blackgate online and try for more price adjustments

i just returned 3 sets of Hobbit Goblin Kings 79010 to Target in Redwood City CA.  The customer service person said it was mark down to $36 each.  I just did this one hour ago and if someone is interested should go and buy it.  I just didn't want to bother since I already got my price adjustment for Pirates Ambush and Battle at the Blackgate

I'm going to order more Pirates Ambush and Blackgate online and try for more price adjustments

Man, I am about to take a break from visiting Target stores until the double VIP points promotion kicks off.  Now you "force" me to sweep Target stores again :twitch:

Just came back from Target in Mountain View, CA, a few minutes away from my work.  The Goblin King set still scans at $65.  I will try to hit a few more Target after work to see who else has the $36 clearance price.  I don't think I will try Redwood City because by the time I get there, I am pretty sure all available ones will be gone.

Did you mean the Target store near El Camino Real/Woodside Rd?  I was there this evening around 8pm and they have 3 Goblin Kings available, but they all scanned at $65.  I even brought one of the boxes to the cash register hoping that it was a price scanner error.  Unfortunately, it also rang up at $65.  Needless to say, I left the store without buying any.

Could it be a mistake by the customer service person?

Just came back from Target in Mountain View, CA, a few minutes away from my work.  The Goblin King set still scans at $65.  I will try to hit a few more Target after work to see who else has the $36 clearance price.  I don't think I will try Redwood City because by the time I get there, I am pretty sure all available ones will be gone.

yep, same one.  sorry then.  when i returned it that's what they told me.  

Is the 70% sale being advertised? I just called the store and it isn't on sale for that price. The store has limited availability.

If you are talking about Pirate Ship Ambush and Black Gate, then no, the sale prices are not advertised at all.  Out of 15 Target stores I've been to, only two stores have this hidden discount.  The rest are pretty much selliing for full price.

If you are talking about Goblin King, it' still only 33% off at all Target stores.  I found it funny that at some Target stores, they even put the security wires on Goblin King boxes.

I also found that Limited Availability does not always represent special sales.  I have been to several Target stores where it shows Limited Availability on iPhone app, but everything actually sell at full price :-(    If you want to call to confirm 70% discount, try a Target store in suburban/low income neighborhood first, you might have a better chance. 

If you are talking about Pirate Ship Ambush and Black Gate, then no, the sale prices are not advertised at all.  Out of 15 Target stores I've been to, only two stores have this hidden discount.  The rest are pretty much selliing for full price.

If you are talking about Goblin King, it' still only 33% off at all Target stores.  I found it funny that at some Target stores, they even put the security wires on Goblin King boxes.

I also found that Limited Availability does not always represent special sales.  I have been to several Target stores where it shows Limited Availability on iPhone app, but everything actually sell at full price :-(    If you want to call to confirm 70% discount, try a Target store in suburban/low income neighborhood first, you might have a better chance. 

Helms Deep, Goblin King Battle and Ghost Train are 35% off at Target until 9/21.  

I've noticed that some stores are keeping Jabba's Palace, Gungan Subs and Batwings right next to the clearance area, away from the LEGO aisle, at full price. Is there any reason to expect these to be clearance soon? Maybe after the Goblin King/Helm's Deep sale ends, or will they be worked back into the LEGO aisle?

If it's walmart, yes. Target, maybe not. TRU, what clearance area lol?

The hut is $95 most places; it's kinda been on clearance for six weeks already. For anything lower, we might have to wait till the holidays.

November is six weeks away, by the way.

I've noticed that some stores are keeping Jabba's Palace, Gungan Subs and Batwings right next to the clearance area, away from the LEGO aisle, at full price.  Is there any reason to expect these to be clearance soon?  Maybe after the Goblin King/Helm's Deep sale ends, or will they be worked back into the LEGO aisle? 

Helms Deep, Goblin King Battle and Ghost Train are 35% off at Target until 9/21.  

I just came back from several Targets and one of them had Helms Deep at full price! WTF?

Goblin Kings seem to be at $65 constantly and I was actually able to pick up the Ghost Trains for 70% off!

Bought both trains at $24 each!

Not sure why Helms Deep is full price at the scanners and guest services...?

Oh, Gungan Subs seem to be 30% off now, I did a price scan because I wasn't sure what the hell that set was about and it rang up $48, but I passed on two of them that were left.

I just came back from several Targets and one of them had Helms Deep at full price! WTF?

Goblin Kings seem to be at $65 constantly and I was actually able to pick up the Ghost Trains for 70% off!

Oh, Gungan Subs seem to be 30% off now, I did a price scan because I wasn't sure what the hell that set was about and it rang up $48, but I passed on two of them that were left.

Wow that sucks. I thought the goblin king/helms deep sale was across all stores. I would keep an eye on it though. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will hit 50% or 70% out of nowhere. Great score on those trains fhough.

I also saw Gungan Subs at 30% off the other day @ $41.98.