Pick-a-Brick thread

Guest eightbrick

I'm sure you're not but that's pretty crazy!

What will you use them for?

I make mosaics using the 15x15 baseplates. So far I have made a St. Louis Rams logo and plan on making a Detroit lions logo for my wife. Whatever keeps her happy. I will probably sell my leftovers on ebay and recoup some of the cost.

Not bad! Half the cost of the PAB!

Wrong colour windows for the 7740 :-(

It would be neater than the solution I have come up with, and I think half of it will be the wrong color due to missing pieces.

I make mosaics using the 15x15 baseplates. So far I have made a St. Louis Rams logo and plan on making a Detroit lions logo for my wife. Whatever keeps her happy. I will probably sell my leftovers on ebay and recoup some of the cost.

I have just listed approx 80 1x1 lights. And they were no more than a third of a large tub, so at a guess you could get approx 2500+ in one. :)

Here's a summary:

156 1x8 White Brick
105 2x4 Black Brick
69 2x4 Grey Brick
71 2x4 Light Blue Brick
33 2x6 Blue Brick
24 2x6 White Brick
29 2x8 Blue Brick
33 2x8 Red Brick
30 Grey Ladder
20 4x4 Red Plate
151 4x6 Blue Plate
84 4x6 Tan Plate
16 6x16 Dark Grey Plate
7 6x8 Green Plate
122 1x2 Pink Tile
102 1x2 Purple Tile
226 1x8 Blue Tile
416 2x2 Grey Tile
104 2x2 Red Tile
=1798 pieces

I'm building an underground Spiderman base for my son, so the red, blue and grey pieces are critical for that!

I might ask about it the next time I am in there - which may be next week. I was planning to refill my large tub - which took me a good 20 minutes last time.

How big is the box compared to the tub? I managed to get 400g into a large tub last time.

I wonder if they would be less co-operative if they knew I was re-selling :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest eightbrick

Great day today with the dump method. I don't have time to count but its easily over 1000 pieces (1 cup). Included are:

-1x1 LBG tile rounds :D (@rtisian I already sent you a PM about these)

-1x2 Lavender plates

-2x2 Yellow tiles

-1x2 Trans-Light Blue tiles

-1x1 Olive Green Cheese slopes

-1x1 Black 4-way SNOT bricks

-1x2 White bricks w/ vertical/horizontal slits

I may be going back soon so if any of you see something you like, PM me and we can work something out.

med_gallery_7318_46_1921558.jpg

Guest eightbrick

Do the 1x2 plates, 1x1 round tiles & the SNOT bricks go for much?

I have some 2x2 yellow and grey tiles for sale, and there are a lot more watchers on the grey pieces.

Yeah definitely the grey ones are going to be more popular with pretty much anyone actually building something lol

Here's the Bricklink values for:

SNOT Brick $0.28

1x1 Round tiles $0.11

1x2 lavender plates $0.09

Those are some pretty high prices for those pieces! I would say you could make the most with the round tiles; you could probably fill at least 2K into a cup so that would end up creating 220 dollars in bricklink revenue, over ten times return (convert to PAB! convert to PAB!)! I would go for these suckers if you see them you can even sell them on ebay, people are selling them in lots of 100 and stuff. When I wrote that PAB article, it would have been great to have such a good example like this. It seems Lego is finally getting good pieces.

Guest eightbrick

Forgive my ignorance but, are SNOT bricks called that because they look like bogies (boogers)?

Ah, I thought something like that too before, but alas, Lego fans are not that interesting when they name stuff. xD It stands for Studs Not On Top, meaning you can attach bricks to the sides of it.

Guest TabbyBoy

Ah, I thought something like that too before, but alas, Lego fans are not that interesting when they name stuff. xD It stands for Studs Not On Top, meaning you can attach bricks to the sides of it.

Thanks, I honestly didn't know especially as I saw that the photo had green bricks!

Guest eightbrick

Thanks, I honestly didn't know especially as I saw that the photo had green bricks!

You're welcome. In the photo the SNOT bricks are the black ones.

Yeah definitely the grey ones are going to be more popular with pretty much anyone actually building something lol

Here's the Bricklink values for:

SNOT Brick $0.28

1x1 Round tiles $0.11

1x2 lavender plates $0.09

Those are some pretty high prices for those pieces! I would say you could make the most with the round tiles; you could probably fill at least 2K into a cup so that would end up creating 220 dollars in bricklink revenue, over ten times return (convert to PAB! convert to PAB!)! I would go for these suckers if you see them you can even sell them on ebay, people are selling them in lots of 100 and stuff. When I wrote that PAB article, it would have been great to have such a good example like this. It seems Lego is finally getting good pieces.

I only sell on Ebay. I have not got my head around bricklink. I once sold 125 of those Olive Green Cheese Wedge pieces for

Guest eightbrick

Got 2 Large, 1 small. Don't have pics this time (I already sorted them and put them away) but I got:

1x2 Trans Light Blue Tiles

1x2 Pink Tiles

1x1 Olive Green Cheese Slopes

2x2 Yellow Tiles

1x4 Dark Pink Bricks

1x2 Light Blue Bricks

1x1 Lime Bricks

Green Palm Tree Leaves

6x5 Light Green Leaves

Used central tower-ish/dump methods as I was in a hurry but still got probably at least 2K pieces. Bought a couple other things too to get the Holiday set :D

• 2 months later...

Yesterday, I went to the Lego store to fill up my holiday PAB box. Here is what I got:

9 brown minifigure chairs

6 tan 4X6 plates

103 gray levers

58 black 1X2 handle

6 windsheilds

193 orange 1X1 studs

4 green 1X4 plates

233 clear 1X1 studs

87 trans-red cones

76 trans-orange 1x1 with slant

160 trans-red 1X1 plates

92 trans-red tiles

147 trans-yellow 1X1 plates

96 white 1X2 grills

114 trans-red jewels

A grand total of about 1384 pieces. Give or take 10 pieces. I cannot believe that I was able to count that many small pieces.

• Like 1