Pick-a-Brick thread

Guest eightbrick

Sounds like a good haul. Made me laugh, my email notification only showed the first two lines and was thinking, is that all he bought? :D

I will be filling mine on the 31st, hopefully they will have a few reduced sets as well.

When I looked at that post yesterday all it had was the first two lines. I was thinking that Martin needed to work on his packing skills.

Yesterday, I went to the Lego store to fill up my holiday PAB box. Here is what I got:

9 brown minifigure chairs

6 tan 4X6 plates

103 gray levers

58 black 1X2 handle

6 windsheilds

193 orange 1X1 studs

4 green 1X4 plates

233 clear 1X1 studs

87 trans-red cones

76 trans-orange 1x1 with slant

160 trans-red 1X1 plates

92 trans-red tiles

147 trans-yellow 1X1 plates

96 white 1X2 grills

114 trans-red jewels

A grand total of about 1384 pieces. Give or take 10 pieces. I cannot believe that I was able to count that many small pieces.

Good lord - I am gonna have to be ready to count. I have 10 of these boxes.

• 6 months later...

Question for those who use PAB... Do you pick out parts with a build already in mind or do you look for specialty/rare parts?

I assume there are some that do both, but I was just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Are you referring to the PAB wall or website? For the wall, I just look for rare stuff/stuff I want more of and try to get a healthy mix of large/small pieces. On the PAB website, I plan a bit, since the pieces are more expensive.

Are you referring to the PAB wall or website? For the wall, I just look for rare stuff/stuff I want more of and try to get a healthy mix of large/small pieces. On the PAB website, I plan a bit, since the pieces are more expensive.

I was talking about the wall, I wasn't aware of the website.  Thanks for the reply! :)

Check out some of the new stuff found at the Build-a-Minifigure Bar. From the Monster Fighters glow-in-the-dark ghost frame, light bluish gray trophies, red capes, Series 7 Hippie's torso, wait...what?! No kidding, a number of different legs and torsos for various characters in the Minifigures line are appearing in Lego Stores since the many latest additions with their Pick-a-Wall section.

via The Brick Fan

14458307327_758dcba5e6_b.jpg

14664623803_1ae6b6d032_b.jpg

14621739416_52570ec1eb_b.jpg

14644718485_d7382dee5c_b.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got my first PAB cup today. I will have to sort it later, but I got a good mixture of blocks, plates, wheels, tires, tiles, and flowers. There isn't a sticker or anything on my cup. The cashier just taped it closed.

I was able to use some of the tips that I have learned here to (hopefully) maximize my haul.

I will update this later.

post-39356-14082155185194_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

The ones in my area changes a few bins every month, so there is always something different

Ever since they started to do the "themes" each month on the PAB wall, they're slower than usual in their updates that aren't apart of the "theme" stuff.

Thank you both!