Pick-a-Brick thread

Guest eightbrick

• 4 months later...

Hey folks-

Not a picture of a MOC or anything, but I just came from the King of Prussia LEGO store in Pennsylvania and they have a bunch of useful pieces (I think) on their PAB wall especially for castle...

2x2 light bley tiles with groove, trans orange cheese wedges, 4 point torch/candelabra pieces, 1x1 black lantern pieces, and 3 stem flower base pieces (aka grass) :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Last wednesday I finally got the chance to visit it a PAB-wall. It was in a small unofficial LEGO-shop in Zwolle, the Netherlands. The cup was smaller than a regular small Pick-a-Brick cup but you'll see it still is of very good value.

I got quite a lot of pieces which I'll list down here. Please note I have used the official LEGO LEGO Shop at Home colors so they may differ from those on Bricklink

9 Flat Tile 2x2, Bright Yellow

8 Flat Tile 1x2, Medium Lilac

2 Flat Tile 1x1, Transparent Red

8 Round Plate 1x1, Transparent Red

7 Plate 1x3, Reddish Brown

22 Roof Tile 1x1x2/3, Olive Green

41 Round Plate 1x1, Medium Lilac

6 Round Plate 1x1, Transparent Yellow

13 Plate 1x2, Bright Yellowish Green

33 Round Plate 1x1, Transparent

37 Round Plate 1x1, Light Purple

3 Nose Cone Small 1x1, Transparent Blue

3 Wall Element 1x2x1, White

4 Brick 1x1, Dark Forest Green(Not listed on PAB online)

44 Round Plate 1x1, Bright Yellowish Green

4 Brick 1x3, Brick Yellow

12 brick 1x4, Bright Purple

8 Brick 1x4, Reddish Brown

9 Flat Tile 1x4, Reddish Brown

4 Plate 4x4, Reddish Brown

70 Brick 1x2 Without Pin, Transparent

2 Roof Tile 2x2 45° No. 2, White

Total Different Elements:23

Total Pieces(Cup): 360

Total Pieces(Haul, including extras): 420

Price per Piece(Cup): 2,5 Cents

Price per Piece(Haul): 3,083 Cents

Price per Piece(Online, Cup): 12,614 Cents

As you can see the Online Pick a Brick is very expensive, that's why I only use it when I order something large from LEGO, a man needs his printed pieces someway.

This brings the total up to a whopping 360 pieces. Here I payed €8,99 for them but on the online PAB it would have been €45,41. Together with the polybag 30188 for €3,95 this was a pretty decent haul.

• 2 months later...

4,99$ for these pieces seems to be a rip off compared to the normal pick a brick wall (although it is "just" 14 cent per piece).

I've also taken the time to fit as many pieces as possible into a cup... after I've done that several times I have decided that I'll never do it again. (At least not to such an extend!)

It is very timeconsuming and just not worth your time! Okay maybe you safe 5$, but you'll be sitting there for hours trying to puzzle bricks together so that you have the ideal fit. And when you're back home you have to unpuzzle everything again.

Solutions for bigger bricks are a good idea and I'll continue using them BUT I cannot advice anyone to overdo it as it is just not worth your time moneywise.

• Like 1

I tried PAB buying and selling. I bought 1.5kg over a number of cups in late 2013. Cost £40. Selling costs £140 Profit approx £120.
Looks good on paper, but it is soooooo time consuming. Most have been £0.99 auctions, as they did not move using BIN. I am only just finishing this lot now. In the meantime I have gone through many Bulk lots in the same time period and made about 20x more. So PAB is not really for me.

The exception is 3068b Grey 2x2 tiles. They sell like hot cakes, so I am always scanning for those on the PAB wall. Have not been any for the past year though.

• Like 2

I tried PAB buying and selling. I bought 1.5kg over a number of cups in late 2013. Cost £40. Selling costs £140 Profit approx £120.
Looks good on paper, but it is soooooo time consuming. Most have been £0.99 auctions, as they did not move using BIN. I am only just finishing this lot now. In the meantime I have gone through many Bulk lots in the same time period and made about 20x more. So PAB is not really for me.

The exception is 3068b Grey 2x2 tiles. They sell like hot cakes, so I am always scanning for those on the PAB wall. Have not been any for the past year though.

I seriously lucked out then. When I was traveling in Europe in the spring, I hit the Lego store in Paris, and they had 2x2 grey tiles. I bought a big cup pretty well of just them.. 700 or so. I've used most for moccing, but if they sell well... maybe I could part with a couple hundred of the leftovers.... 

• 8 months later...
28049006005_a74982c87a_z.jpg

Filled a large cup at my Lego store on Friday.  They had the sand green 1x2 plates and 1x1 bricks.  They also had 6x12 green plates and the Pick-a-model was a little truck.

Sad part is the Sand Green 1x2 plates and 1x1 bricks aren't exactly a match (put them together under a light and you'll see).