Citizen Brick - Superlab Playset

TheOrcKing

Just received an update email on this.  Sounds like the packaging and instructions is going to be nice and professional:

-------------------------------------------------

Hello,

You are receiving this e-mail because you recently purchased the Citizen Brick Superlab Playset. Good for you! This puts you in elite company as these sets are now sold out, never to return. Good hustle!

Now, as to the whereabouts of your prized playset.. Due to the logistics of hand-collating these sets, coupled with the totally unexpected popularity of this item, we are running a little behind schedule on shipping. While most sets have been sorted and bagged, we are waiting for a shipment of the custom boxes to arrive. They're really great looking, and sadly, a little slower than anticipated. As of today, we expect to be shipping the boxed, finished sets on Tuesday, Sept 10th.

Now while I think the boxes make the spectacular finishing touch on an already spectacular Lego collectible, you may not want to wait any longer. If you'd rather have your Superlab shipped sans box, we can ship the loose parts, figs and instructions (on a reusable USB flash drive)sealed in a plastic bag, as early as Monday, Sept 2ndJust e-mail us at [email protected], and we'll get yours out right away.

We regret the delay. We are flattered and humbled by your patronage and we're working as fast as we can to get these in your hands. We're also hard at work planning our next custom sets, which we think you'll love. Next time we'll be better braced for the overwhelming response we've received. Thank you, again.

Sincerely,

Joe Trupia

Owner, Citizen Brick

Same deal but there's no way I want mine without the box. Even though I'm taking it out instantly, I couldn't imagine just having them ship me the bags. :blink:

Just received an update email on this.  Sounds like the packaging and instructions is going to be nice and professional:

-------------------------------------------------

Hello,

You are receiving this e-mail because you recently purchased the Citizen Brick Superlab Playset. Good for you! This puts you in elite company as these sets are now sold out, never to return. Good hustle!

Now, as to the whereabouts of your prized playset.. Due to the logistics of hand-collating these sets, coupled with the totally unexpected popularity of this item, we are running a little behind schedule on shipping. While most sets have been sorted and bagged, we are waiting for a shipment of the custom boxes to arrive. They're really great looking, and sadly, a little slower than anticipated. As of today, we expect to be shipping the boxed, finished sets on Tuesday, Sept 10th.

Now while I think the boxes make the spectacular finishing touch on an already spectacular Lego collectible, you may not want to wait any longer. If you'd rather have your Superlab shipped sans box, we can ship the loose parts, figs and instructions (on a reusable USB flash drive)sealed in a plastic bag, as early as Monday, Sept 2nd. Just e-mail us at [email protected], and we'll get yours out right away.

We regret the delay. We are flattered and humbled by your patronage and we're working as fast as we can to get these in your hands. We're also hard at work planning our next custom sets, which we think you'll love. Next time we'll be better braced for the overwhelming response we've received. Thank you, again.

Sincerely,

Joe Trupia

Owner, Citizen Brick

Came here to post about this email as well. I'll be waiting to receive the set in its intended packaging. 

I made a custom Jesse using the "Chemistry Enthusiast" minifig and a different head:

I've also got some cool gas masks for them and had a go at custom Gus:

j9jT17R.jpg

So looking forward to getting this set.

Man the 1st 3 episodes of this half of season 5 have been rippers!  The best TV I've ever seen  :frantics:

I made a custom Jesse using the "Chemistry Enthusiast" minifig and a different head:

j9jT17R.jpg

Man the 1st 3 episodes of this half of season 5 have been rippers!  The best TV I've ever seen  :frantics:

That custom Fring could possibly be the most unintentional racist minifig ever posted. haha

The head you chose is perfect for Jesse... now I just need another body. :blink:

That custom Fring could possibly be the most unintentional racist minifig ever posted. haha

The head you chose is perfect for Jesse... now I just need another body. :blink:

Oh yeah, never really thought about that, lol.  We don't really have that kind of stereotype in my corner of the world.  I've been trying to find a tiny box cutter to put in his other hand :)

I searched for ages for a head that matched well.  I does work pretty good.  Couldn't beleive there was a "YO" tile as well!  Now I just need a "B*tch" one :D

j9jT17R.jpg

I like that Jesse you made. I wish I'd bought an extra Chemist to do that. I'm kicking myself now for not getting the Super Lab too, wish I'd pulled the trigger. Don't think these will be coming up on the aftermarket due to the already high price.

I like that Jesse you made. I wish I'd bought an extra Chemist to do that. I'm kicking myself now for not getting the Super Lab too, wish I'd pulled the trigger. Don't think these will be coming up on the aftermarket due to the already high price.

Doubt the secondary market on stuff like this, the people that would pay for it already bought it.

But who knows.

I was looking for one for personal use myself. If anyone here does have some knowledge of where to find one please let me know.

Unfortunately, like others have said, it's going to be incredibly hard to find one now. I know I would not have dropped $250 on a custom LEGO set if I wasn't going to build my copy and have it mean something to me. Even the "Chemist Enthusiast" minifig is incredibly hard to find on the secondary market. They are barely ever listed. 

So, just out of plain old curiosity, I contacted Joe over at CitizenBrick and asked him how many Superlab sets CB had made available for sale. He responded almost instantly (I was quite impressed) and said the set was limited to 150. 

Cool, thanks for the info.  150 was lower than I was expecting.  Their email does also say "never to return" as well so there shouldn't be another run of them.  They did do a second run of Chemistry Enthusiast though but don't think the initial release said it was never to return after the first lot of 500.

Either way, I don't think I'll be selling mine for a very long time if at all.  Plus I want to use parts of the set in my MoC lab.