Citizen Brick - Superlab Playset

TheOrcKing

Interesting topic, this has got a LOT of attention on social networking sites, creating quite a stir amongst my peers. A number of them (none of which are "big" Lego fans) have asked me if I can get them a copy of the set!

I think this could do well on the secondary market, even though the price is high considering the part count. It's a shame there's only 150 :(

No investment potential. If you buy this set (it was sold out, came back into stock today for one more round) you are planning on most likely building it and keeping it. I bought it to display in my dorm room. Breaking Bad is huge with the Film and Television students at my school and LEGO is my hobby, so it's a good conversation piece.

Way to expensive to be an investment, plus its not official lego set. Sure the show is popular but will it be once its taken off the air? i doubt it will be, a few die hard fans of course but nothing like it is now. Plus the price is insane, you can buy just about ever unique item in that set serately off their website and then just improvise the rest based on the picture and build the whole thing for a fraction of the price.

Should merge this with the original thread, too many repeat topics lately.

I searched "breaking bad" before posting

I think it's under the name of the playset. No worries, was more of a broad statement regardless..

Took care of the merge, and added a "Breaking Bad" tag to help make searching for this topic a little easier hopefully.

I've seen a picture of the rv, anybody seen that for sale?

Would you mean this one? :)

5697421210_ce73da6521_b.jpg

Breaking Bad>Breaking Bad by Orion Pax, on Flickr

Like I`ve said, it is a truly unique custom. Like everyone else has said, I agree in there being no investment potential. Fans will buy, that is pretty much it. And not very many at that. 

No investment potential. If you buy this set (it was sold out, came back into stock today for one more round) you are planning on most likely building it and keeping it. I bought it to display in my dorm room. Breaking Bad is huge with the Film and Television students at my school and LEGO is my hobby, so it's a good conversation piece.

That`s pretty cool. Good on you for being able to show it off a bit, with an understanding audience at that  :thumbsup:

After CB finished rolling around on the floor in the stacks of money they made on the first run, they realized they'd be clinically insane not to re-issue it.

Make hay while the sun shines!

Isn`t that the truth.