Citizen Brick - Superlab Playset

TheOrcKing

Hey Frog!

Thanks! As far as what's next the temptation to do something with Game of Thrones is huge, but there are two factors kind of steering us away.  First is that CB does the printing for miniBigs ***.O.T. "inspired" figs and so we don't want to step on the toes of a customer and all around great guy.  The other being that we'd kind of like to get away from the TV stuff a little bit, less potential trouble, but it's tough because you know it will generate interest.  All I can say for sure is that it will be a little smaller in scope than the lab.

Grolim,

Your reply popped as I was typing this.  I would love to respond in full right now but it's 3am where I'm at and I need to get to bed.  As you may have picked up, I have some trouble keeping things short.  I promise I'll be back to give you a full on response because those are some great questions. Very briefly though again I have to tell you how much I love what you got working, I certainly have looked at enough reference photos of the actual lab and you really have all the bases covered, good on ya! From the looks of it the printed pieces from the CB set will fit in pretty nicely. Alright must stop typing otherwise I will go on forever and not get any sleep! I'll be back tomorrow.

Bryan

Guest eightbrick

Thanks for the insight Bryan! It's always cool to hear from people actually involved in these projects because it just shows how much this site has grown. Thanks again and good luck with the second batch!

Oh my glob you guys I just had a novel typed out and accidentally hit my magic mouse just right which took me back a page and I lost everything!!! The autosave only brought up the first two lines :frantics: Oh man I'm devastated and so mad at myself and my stupid apple magic mouse!!! I don't have the heart to type it all out again right now and don't want to give you a half assed retread of what I had written. In the end it might be good to rewrite it for clarity, I was kind of all over the place! Briefly though I will say:

Brianl3: Thanks man! I really love this site. I haven't posted much in the forums, but stop by often to read the articles. Has anyone written about the Creator House 3in1 series, in my search for some of the older ones I've noticed that the first few have appreciated quite well. If someone has and I missed I apologize, I'll do a quick search after this. As of right now my investment portfolio is made up of a single Hillside House Set  :D

Grolim: I am so sorry dude, I had an epic novel going that would have probably taken up nearly a whole forum page itself.  I'll take another crack at it tomorrow, but this time I'll type it up in a word processes so old fumble fingers here doesn't pull the same bit again.  It's funny the thought of how bad it would suck if that happened crossed my mind about 10 minutes before it happened, why I didn't and least copy to the clipboard what I had so far we'll never know.  

One quick thing is that no Jesse is a far from minor and totally valid criticism for which I can only say we kind of punted on that one.  Whoever had mentioned that had Jesse kind of took a back seat in the superlab arch is my hero and that is totally the excuse i'm using from now, but in reality I think it came down to the availability of the orange legs and ensuring we had enough to make a sufficient number of Walts. There was also some discussion about the potential buyers of the set likely already owning a Chem. Enthusiast and being a little bummed to have a double (but we certainly weren't going to not have him), but now having the opportunity to make their own Jesse as you have done. That isn't to say we couldn't have done a Jesse in street clothes or something. Trust me it has been taking to heart.  Perhaps you guys can help us amend it.  If those of you who bought the set don't mind weighing on this: What would you guys think of an exclusive minifig pack available only to those that have the lab that included a Jesse and 2 others, perhaps a DEA agent and lawyer? We really don't want come off like we're trying nickel and dime you guys because we really appreciate you spending your hard earned $250 on the lab.  This might be a way to expand the "universe" though and I certainly would push for it to be significantly less than the usual price for 3 CB minifigs.  Anyways I can't promise anything as I'm speaking totally on my own here.  Know that we are certainly aware that people are disappointed in not getting a Jesse and your thoughts can help us address that.  I'll be happy to run them up the flag pole so to speak!

boxofcorey: Man I would love to do a RV! The thing is I don't know if anyone is going to top Orion Pax on that one. The dream would be to talk to him about turning his model into a set.  The other thing is we worry about pushing it too much with the people who made the inspiration for all of this. So far they have been incredibly cool and we don't want to cross the line.

On a related note, I will share this with you guys. We got an order in this evening that puts those of you who bought the set in some extremely cool company.  He may or may not share the same first 5 letters of his first name with me   :w00t:

- Bryan

Thanks again for letting me ramble on again, trust me my friends are sick of hearing about it. Grolim my friend, I promise I'll answer your questions because I had a lot of fun and learned a lot doing this.

Damn! Don't you just hate it when that happens!  Never mind Brian, no rush, just great to have your input in any form and if you get around to re-writing it I'd love to read it.  You feel free to ramble on as much as you want!

Interesting stuff about the Jesse decision.  I can see that it's obviously something that was thought about a lot.  The parts availability is a good point and something I wouldn't have thought about.  I think Jesse had quite a bit of Lab time, maybe equivalent to Gale, so really we need three :D  But you'd need a new mould or something so we could have a Blowfish Jesse!

tumblr_m6gm4b8cDy1r60ui5o1_500.jpg

Personally I don't mind at all but it's one thing I have heard around various places.  Heck I have 2 Chem Enthusiasts so I'll be making all three lab guys!

A DEA Agent and a Lawyer would be awesome!  For me, Dean Norris has been an absolute stand out so far this season, such great acting even amongst other superb performances and I'd love to have a little minifig likeness of Hank.

And OMFG!  you sold one to Heisenberg!  Damn!  That is magic  :w00t:

If you guys do end up doing a Lawyer, DEA, and "Chemistry Assistant", then you should send one to the actors, I think Aaron Paul and Dean Norris are pretty big Twitter users so could be great publicity.  On that you mention the people that inspired things have been pretty cool about it but you don't want to push it too much.  Can you expand on that at all?  Understand if you can't but would be interested to know their stance on it and if there are any possible legal issues with things at all, beyond the obvious differences CB have built in with naming and not directly referencing BrBa etc.

Thanks for your time Brian, I have to say again how great it is to be able to have a dialogue with the designer of this great set that combines the two things I really have a passion for and love talking about.

Guest eightbrick

Thanks for the pic. They look great, very professional.

Also: Bryan, a member here named Veegs (also from Canada :) ) wrote a great article about the Creator "housing market". You can check it out here:

http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/4/entry-118-lego-creator-housing-market-boom-or-bubble/

Jesse, DEA agaent, and lawyer. Yes to all. I think anyone who ordered the set including myself would like to see these made to add to our BB "universe".

Finally just like other BB fans, I think the RV would be a fantastic addition since it's the next most iconic thing from the show if you could work something out with Orion Pax.

Jesse, DEA agaent, and lawyer. Yes to all. I think anyone who ordered the set including myself would like to see these made to add to our BB "universe".

Finally just like other BB fans, I think the RV would be a fantastic addition since it's the next most iconic thing from the show if you could work something out with Orion Pax.

They don't have to work anything out with him at all, I would have confidence in them creating an RV of their own design.

Plus they have a superb printing system so the product is limitless. Give me civilian Walt and Jesse, Saul and DEA Hank and I'll buy anything.

Got mine yesterday :D

bp_1379729093__20130920_150518.jpg

Nice packaging.  Seals were popped, but no big deal.  Inside the parts are all in one big sealed bag and inside that there are smaller bags for each of the 3 minifigs that are made up and another protecting the transparent door panel piece.

Initial thoughts are that the minifigs and custom printed pieces are great.

Was confused at first as there is no instruction book. Had it wrongly in my head that there would be one, but apparently it's on a USB stick.  Unfortunately my USB appears to be missing so have emailed them about it.

Guest eightbrick

Got mine yesterday :D

bp_1379729093__20130920_150518.jpg

Nice packaging.  Seals were popped, but no big deal.  Inside the parts are all in one big sealed bag and inside that there are smaller bags for each of the 3 minifigs that are made up and another protecting the transparent door panel piece.

Initial thoughts are that the minifigs and custom printed pieces are great.

Was confused at first as there is no instruction book. Had it wrongly in my head that there would be one, but apparently it's on a USB stick.  Unfortunately my USB appears to be missing so have emailed them about it.

Congratulations, Grolim! I hope you enjoy it, and can add it on to your own lab!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kind of disappointed I still haven't received this. Got an email from Citizen Brick not to long ago about parts were held up in customs and had no ETA for them, maybe another 2 weeks, but no real idea. Also said they'd be giving a unique coupon code for 15% off next order due to the delay. Hopefully they do the camper or something with a nice piece count to make that 15% off coupon actually worth something.

I also had trouble with my order. I was missing about 10 pieces, some of which were printed pieces. Also, they apparently ran out of Gus' dark tan hands and mine came with grey hands and a small note saying what happened. They included one of their custom guns (looks like an AK-47 type deal) to make up for that. Luckily they are replacing the missing pieces and they should be here in a few days. I had to buy Gus' correct color hands on BrickLink. I was kinda disappointed with the whole experience overall, but I'm sure it will look awesome once I can finally put it together. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...