Here's The Toys R Us Lego Sale For Sunday August 11-17

emazers

thanks emazers. if I am reading that right the sale is only on the four sets listed/pictured? if so that is pretty lame. they must be trying to burn through their inventory of over priced duds. hopefully by xmas they will have another real bogo sale.

Chances are they may have an "online only" sale - but has any one else noticed a lot less TRU emails lately? weird.

The Sale's a big joke. The Real big joke about Toys R Us check out the Star Wars 10225 Droid set, $179.99 Toys R Us Price is $228.99 thats like $49.00 over priced. Now Target,Walmart,Amazon etc pay $130 wholesale for it, and Toys R Us pays About $120 or less for it. Lego has no problem selling to toys r us dirt cheap, and then Toys R Us really socks it to the consumer. 2 Years ago Toys R US stuck with the Retail price on the Lego Exclusives, but last year they started raising prices on a few, but now its about all of them. Except the Death Star and SSDS are the right price.Ed

The Quinjet Aerial Battle intrigues me, since most reviews of the set have been positive and the minifigure assortment is not bad.  Captain America's Avenging Cycle's post-EOL growth could be a positive sign.  If TRU is selling it for $40 to $50, I would buy it. 

Palpatine's Arrest sounds like Calamari Mk. II -- avoid at all costs. It's a trap!

I was killing some time at TRU and found 79000 Riddles for the Ring marked down to 7.50 from 9.99 and 70704 Vermin Vaporizor marked down to 41.99 from 59.99. 25% and 30% off the LEGO Shop at Home price is pretty respectable for the Giraffe. All the other deals were not any good. Sale ends on Saturday.