Polybags - general discussion

Any polybaggers around here?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a polybag collector?

• I am a serious polybag collector and must have at least one for my personal collection.
    • I am a casual polybag collector and only buy what I like.
    • I do not collect polybags.
  2. 2. Do you invest in polybags?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

• 1 month later...

I'm not a big polybag fan.

If there is a promotion and I really like the minifigure then I will collect the minifigure but since it is for my personal use I will open the polybag!!! ;-)

The non-minifigure-polybags do not interest me whatsoever...

I only have 3 polysbags as smallest part of my LEGO investment namely chrome TC-14 and chrome Darth Vader (2x).

If they do not perform well enough I still can use them as small gift or sell them without losing money.

As for the polybags that you get for free I think there is no point in arguing that those are free money.

Personally I wouldn't bother to buy them though.

Hi Guys

So I stopped at KMart last week and noticed the 40% off so I loaded my cart up with polybags which was the only lego on clearance, I picked up 

Creator 30187 Fast Car  $3.52 each x 8

City 30228 Police ATV  $3.52 each x 7

DC Super Heroes Ultimate Spider-Man Glider 30302  $4.02 each  x 8 

So I dropped the best part of $100 on this lot, whats the verdict? I didn't really think this buy out too well, should I return them and invest in something else or keep them?

Thanks 

Stu

Hi Guys

So I stopped at KMart last week and noticed the 40% off so I loaded my cart up with polybags which was the only lego on clearance, I picked up

Creator 30187 Fast Car $3.52 each x 8

City 30228 Police ATV $3.52 each x 7

DC Super Heroes Ultimate Spider-Man Glider 30302 $4.02 each x 8

So I dropped the best part of $100 on this lot, whats the verdict? I didn't really think this buy out too well, should I return them and invest in something else or keep them?

Thanks

Stu

Unfortunately at those buy in prices you won't make much if anything selling them. Also while polybags are very easy to ship it is still alot of work. Selling in packs is an option but usually for army builder type sets. I usually only buy polybags at sub 2.00 prices unless they are really special.

30187 fast car- I like the set but without a minifigure this isnt going to have much growth I think.

30228 atv- way to generic and every other month there is a new flavor of atv

30302 spidey glider- this one could make some money down the road. No exclusive minifigure so this one is only really for collectors.

Overall I would return them all. If you need to cut your teeth selling and get some feedback these would do it and you would get your money back eventually. But after fees, shipping supplies, and time. Just not much in it. Don't worry too much about it man. I think all of us have made the same overzealous purchases. Just learn from it and move on.

I live in an area w no TRU or Lego store, our target is about the only place that carries polybags consistently (at checkouts)? They have had the same couple of polybags for months and was wondering what the turnover is? Swap out every few months?

(FYI they have a mini tumbler, a chima one, mini SW emperors ship and the city helicopter)

Depends on the availability of the polybag except. For example, My targets are still carrying the TIe Fight Polybag that has been out for years.

They had the Galaxy Squad set for at least a year, and the Helictoper and Chima one as well.

So I'd be thinking more in terms of years than months.

• 1 month later...
Guest brickcrazyhouse

want to say $3.99 but it's been awhile. no more then $4.99

edit: if they go to a actual lego store they some time have seasonal polys or even more rare past promo polys. most are 5 bucks some of the seasonal ones can go higher

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

Toys R Us will have Rocket Raccoon polybag as a promo starting on Sunday. It's usually spend $x and receive one free, but sometimes are placed out on the shelf. If so, you'll surely want your associate to grab those.

I scoped out my TRU today to see if they put them out early. No joy. Are they going to be available for purchase directly or held behind counter and only get one if $XXX is spent?

I scoped out my TRU today to see if they put them out early. No joy. Are they going to be available for purchase directly or held behind counter and only get one if $XXX is spent?

It says directly on the back of polybag 'Not for sale" and shows 'promo' on the register when it's scanned at the register, so this leads me to think it's spend $x, but even if that's the promo, they may ring up for individual sale anyway like Bricktober did, and we know there's stores that don't know any better and place them on shelves. I was able to score a few today from a very kind cashier.

• 3 weeks later...