Polybags - general discussion

Any polybaggers around here?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a polybag collector?

• I am a serious polybag collector and must have at least one for my personal collection.
    • I am a casual polybag collector and only buy what I like.
    • I do not collect polybags.
  2. 2. Do you invest in polybags?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

is there a list of polybag sets for 2014 and what is exclusive to which store?

Having a list is easy; the exclusivity part is tricky though as that can change on a dime sometimes. I should have some of this year's polybag on the Sets of 2014 topic list. If not then I will go through everything to add them now.

• 2 weeks later...

*disclaimer* - I'm very new to the world of Legos.  :)

The other day I went to TRU to browse with my kids and saw a few small bags of Bad Cop and his flyer for $4 or $5 a pack.  I was going to pick up one for ea of my boys but decided against it as we're teaching them about not needing everything and not always get new stuff.  (Joys of parenthood!  ^.^)

Anyway, I went back to pick them up for Easter and they were completely gone, with no more spots for them.  :(  And later when googling the characters online, I found the Lego Movie polybags that I saw with very high BIN prices.

So...are these bags HTF?  Are they collectable?  What can you tell me about them?

Thank you in advance for your knowledge and patience with a very curious mom.   :sweat:

Polybags are about the toughest thing for me so I just mostly avoid them besides the exclusives given out by Legoshop. If they have an exclusive figure or are in a very hot theme, you can do really well with them. 

For instance, the TMNT kraang polybag was crazy hard to find when it came out and I was flipping them for $13 or more on Ebay when I found about 30 of them. Then TRU got a shipment of them everywhere and then they were worth nothing. lol

• 2 weeks later...

@ Alcarin

Figure out what polys u want or would like and another BPer will help you out.

Yeah I already have an USA ''insider'' for that matter :)

Its even better kind off since thanks to relatively high postage costs, I need to pick only the ones I really want for myself :P

Do you have high customs taxes?

22%(on final value of shipment) +5$ customs expenses from procedure of the items shipped to my address(if shipment is worth 30$ or more)....

But luckily They usually measure LEGO for value in weight, if for example you ship me 10 polybags, they weight them and its low, so they are easily deceived with lower value....

The biggest problem is if you sell me discounted large sets, for example if I could get Helm's Deep (while it was still available) from US for discounted 90$ they would not believe me unless official receipt was added, otherwise they would take Slovenian retail which was 140

Yeah I already have an USA ''insider'' for that matter :)

Its even better kind off since thanks to relatively high postage costs, I need to pick only the ones I really want for myself :P

In Budapest even limited/pre-order polybags are on the shelves of the LEGO store, like Legolas. You don't have to go so far to find some, the only one I did not see here recently is TC-4. The drawback is the average price of 10$/poly. Nevertheless, just bought a tumbler and a batwing.

In Budapest even limited/pre-order polybags are on the shelves of the LEGO store, like Legolas. You don't have to go so far to find some, the only one I did not see here recently is TC-4. The drawback is the average price of 10$/poly. Nevertheless, just bought a tumbler and a batwing.

Yeah, but there is no good use in my driving to Budapest for a few polybags... would be quite expensive....

I did not mean driving. Since the countries are neighbours, you can have acquaintances working/living here, just like in the US.

Sadly I have none, but even if someone would buy them for me and ship it depends how much the shipping would be to Slovenia, cos if a polybag is 10$ a piece if US friend(s) can get them for 4 or 5$ and then shipping is like 9$ for 5-6 of them ....

Would have to do some maths I guess....

I realized I have free shipping from quite a few LEGO shop at homes.... hungarian offers me free shipping, but what use is it, if there is a rule, that only hungarian citizens can get VIP card and VIP points..... so that effectively nullifies whole point of ordering kinda.