Anyone building a 10179 and need the radar dish? It's on ebay for $30

jaisonline

i don't know the seller (out of Poland) but do know when building 10179, this element can get expensive and is often needed.  Seller has 10 available.  feedback looks "ok".  it seems they have been selling 10179 elements since last nov.  

does the radar dish look "legit" ?  i don't have 10179 so i'm no help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-Millennium-Falcon-10179-part-/121159751532?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item1c35af176c

they sell for much more on bricklink.

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=76248&colorID=86

here is what the actual item in ebat looks like.

$T2eC16ZHJHEFFl+5pRSHBSDIp,JlLQ~~60_3.JP

Looks clean to me. The seller has feedback with sales of 10179 pieces, so maybe they are parting it out? Seems like a waste of effort and money in my opinion though. <shrug> Great price though!

I highly doubt he is parting out Falcons. Alot of people were nabbing the parts through Lego once it went EOL. Looking over my records, I picked up the dish and mast rigging for only a couple of Euros each. Someone in Poland bought them for me from LEGO Shop at Home and shipped them over in September 2011, after I was cringing then at how much it was costing to get those parts on bricklink.

Part looks legit.  Matches mine.

Yes as Darkness says It think there were a lot of people using/abusing the replacement part service from Lego to get those exclusive parts around the time 10179 was on shelves.  this means the sum of the parts in the market is probably greater than the sum of the sets sold.