Would you buy the Jurassic Park set if it became a lego set and how much would you pay for it?

Cullen

Yeah that was posted awhile back. Shame, really. Bad decision on JPs part. Anyways, in the spirit of speculation how much would you guys pay for the proposed model as it is? That looks like a 125$-$150 USD model to me. If it was just the Dino it would cost 50 bucks, add in the car and figs would bump it up to 75 bucks and then the huge door thing would probably add another 50-75 bucks.

I'd pay $120 for it. it wouldn't be terrible either if it was just the car, figs and dino for $75

Guest eightbrick

I, too, would pay $120 for it. I would definitely like to see the entrance gate though if this set were to ever be made. I think it really makes the project what it is. 

Yeah I agree. That gate is probably the most iconic landmark/location of the film, even moreso than the fence or raptor cage etc.

Guest eightbrick

I sent in my vote for the big one. What a lovely design! If they are going to make a JP set, it`s got to look something like this. Gate, Car, Dino, figures, that all that won`t be cheap. $150 perhaps, but maybe that`s being unrealistic. 

Yeah, size-wise it looks a lot smaller than a 150 USD modular but should it be made the license, creator fee, and piece-heavy dino would really drive up the price. Hopefully he releases instructions if it fails, this is definitely a model worth taking the time to Bricklink.

Guest idunno101

I'm hoping that this set doesn't make it before the summer review deadline because I don't want it to go up against Ghostbusters. On a side note I guess not that many people listened to Brick Queen because this idea is gaining support at an outrageous pace.

I love the JP franchise, and I'd die for a JP theme, but that Explorer is poorly made IMO. I'd rather wait in hope of a better car/set being released by Lego rather than force this one into production and have them not release another one. That 3D rendering one is BAD ASS though!

I'm hoping that this set doesn't make it before the summer review deadline because I don't want it to go up against Ghostbusters. On a side note I guess not that many people listened to Brick Queen because this idea is gaining support at an outrageous pace.

if it goes up against ghostbusters it doesn't necessarily mean both won't be made. the portal set lost to the mars rover but the text for the portal set reads "we

Guest idunno101

if it goes up against ghostbusters it doesn't necessarily mean both won't be made. the portal set lost to the mars rover but the text for the portal set reads "we

That's it exactly. They already did dinosaurs successfully, without a license. If the new movie is a hit, Dino will sell itself.

True, but you have to remember another big reason why Licences are key. New Customers.

Think about how you got into lego. You think a lot of people, especially people who didn't have a lot of it in childhood, saw a city set or saw a box of Legos and was like: I want that!?

I don't think so. I got into Lego because of Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.

How many people who have never bought a Lego set would see a licensed Jurassic park set and then filter into all the other themes? A lot. This is money and Lego would be stupid to not pull it form Kre-o

Guest eightbrick

Considering that many people are doubting the likeliness of a Jurassic Park set to become a reality as Kreo has the license, Senteosan has uploaded the brick-built dino featured in his project alone free of any JP references.

Brickset News Article:

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=7510

Project:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/48453

If there is in fact a licensing conflict, I'll settle for an awesome brick-built dino any day.

Considering that many people are doubting the likeliness of a Jurassic Park set to become a reality as Kreo has the license, Senteosan has uploaded the brick-built dino featured in his project alone free of any JP references.

Brickset News Article:

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=7510

Project:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/48453

If there is in fact a licensing conflict, I'll settle for an awesome brick-built dino any day.

Man that look much better than this: :D :D :D

brickpicker_set_6914_1.jpg

I'm glad the creator is moving away from the licensing conflict, mostly because I think a UCS size T-Rex is a glorious idea, but it would never see the light of day as a standard licensed Cuusoo set.

A much better idea would be for TLG to partner with Smithsonian to create the best possible brick built dinosaurs, spared no expense. We will buy them.

Guest eightbrick

After looking at it closer for awhile, does anyone else get the feeling that it is very, very unstable? Look at the body to leg size ratio:

thumb640x360.jpg

It's official. Senteosan's Cuusoo project has got binned for licensing reasons. Shame really, the gate and car were really well done. Well I guess brickqueen will be happy...   :getlost: 

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/47246

All the more reason to support his Bricksauria project!

What I'm trying to understand is if they already knew the license went to Kre-o, then why did they not can the project soon as it was posted instead of waiting until it garnered such support to end up doing the exact same thing? It feels like teasing the horse with a carrot only to throw it in the garbage.

Guest eightbrick

What I'm trying to understand is if they already knew the license went to Kre-o, then why did they not can the project soon as it was posted instead of waiting until it garnered such support to end up doing the exact same thing? It feels like teasing the horse with a carrot only to throw it in the garbage.

Maybe to see if there was potentially enough interest to resuscitate the Dino theme?

It could be that they only thoroughly look at projects once they hit a high number of votes. I don't think the Cuusoo division has much manpower, and there are thousands of projects so they likely only take a good look at a set from a production perspective when there are enough votes to warrant it. The project approval team is probably just interested in making sure there are no overly violent/adult themed sets.

After seeing this beauty, all the other JP projects seem a little less display-able (no offense to the creators of those projects). I laughed when BrickQueen accused the pictures of the model for this project of not being real: if she had taken five minutes to read the description it says right there that it is an 3D Render. Even so, very cool project, and the render looks very realistic. She was so puzzled why it was rising up in the ranks... here's an idea: maybe it's because it is a beautiful model. Wow... that actually makes sense! :logik:

thumb640x360.jpg

I would buy this to build in a heartbeat!