Town Hall EOL??

Called three Lego stores and Lego shop. One of the stores said it will go EOL soon, all the others said no it will be around a lot longer. The interesting thing is when I called Lego shop they said that the next big items to go due to there information and availability were the haunted house, SSD and the fire brigade. She said they would be around a couple more months. I try not to believe people who work for Lego but she sounded convincing.

Not to be Lego employee biased, but the lady I talked to looked at how much more stock the product had and how it was selling. To me that's a lot more promising than them saying its retiring December 3rd. Maybe I believe them more because I want it to happen so bad.

In my experience they don't have a clue what they are talking about. They have no official knowledge of EOL, remaining supply, inside info etc, lets be honest they are a sales associate, they stock the shelves and work the register and make minimum wage, I wouldn't base any investment on their advice.

I'm not sure about the town hall, but I was told the same thing about the haunted house by a tru employed just a few days ago. She seemed convincing stating that the hh is now discontinued and will no longer be coming back in stock. I was trying to take advantage of the 15% off deal. I ended up getting th, gex2, and pet shop instead. The hh has since been taken off their site entirely.

A lot of people here confidently refute her statement, but unless they have some inside information, they don't know either.

I'm not sure about the town hall, but I was told the same thing about the haunted house by a tru employed just a few days ago. She seemed convincing stating that the hh is now discontinued and will no longer be coming back in stock. I was trying to take advantage of the 15% off deal. I ended up getting th, gex2, and pet shop instead. The hh has since been taken off their site entirely.

A lot of people here confidently refute her statement, but unless they have some inside information, they don't know either.

Tru employees know even less than lego employees lol

Tru employees know even less than lego employees lol

Of course, but I'm offering it as additional evidence that perhaps the hh is on its way out sooner than many of us anticipate. The truth is, none of us really know. Better to just have a few sets in case it's true

Of course, but I'm offering it as additional evidence that perhaps the hh is on its way out sooner than many of us anticipate. The truth is, none of us really know. Better to just have a few sets in case it's true

I do hope the haunted house does retire though

C'mom guys Lego employees known a lot more than the a lot of people on this site. So I will bag on a member or members who say a set will retire soon? Not to get but hurt on this topic, but Lego employees work for Lego and its never to bad to take what they know and say into perspective. Don't believe every word they say, but like I said definitely take what they say into perspective.

There is no way the second latest modular house currently on the market is being discontinued before the oldest one even has. That's just insanity. If you can believe that, then here's a secret tip. Palace Cinema will be retired by the end of the year. Go buy it.

don't ever believe lego store employees, they know about as much about eol dates as santa claus does

I actually think Santa Claus knows more about that than any employee especially Santa Maul. He's great with firing people.
  • Like 1

Someone should go ask Walmart employees..that would be funny LOL

"Uh...I didn't know we carry LEGO..."

I personally doubt a retirement. Way to fast, and FB and GE have to go, way before the TH is even discussed.

I think that it is a little soon for the SSD to be retired, since it's barely been out for 2 years, and very short for such a large LEGO set, but IDK. Really, the only retirement we are 100% of is Jabba's Palace, which was announced by TLG themself to retire at the end of this year.

On a Town hall and Wal-Mart side note, one of them recently appeared in my local store and was graciously priced by good old Sam at 199.97, a whole two cent savings. I have no idea why this thing is here, as I've never seen a modular in a Wal-Mart store before, but I'm guessing it's an online return. Doubt it will ever be clearanced, but I'm going to keep a close eye on it.

On a Town hall and Wal-Mart side note, one of them recently appeared in my local store and was graciously priced by good old Sam at 199.97, a whole two cent savings. I have no idea why this thing is here, as I've never seen a modular in a Wal-Mart store before, but I'm guessing it's an online return. Doubt it will ever be clearanced, but I'm going to keep a close eye on it.

You found a lone Town Hall set in a physical Walmart store?! How mindboggling.... :scratchhead:

That reminds me when looking at all the new stuff in Target the other day and they had some kind of sign hanging from a shelf showing Palace Cinema, Horizon Express, Winter Village Fair, and a few others which didn't make any sense because they never sold those types of exclusives in stores ever. Needless to say, there was small fineprint stating you had to go to their website to purchase them.