HH unavailable on TRU.com. Tell-tale EOL sign?

I was just on TRU.com and looks like 10228 Haunted House has been removed from site. Also, I called a local TRU store a few days ago and the employee said, after looking at her computer, that it has been discontinued. I feel that this is finally a definitive sign that this set is on its way out.

ETB

Half price on Haloween?!?!?

Yes please!  :money:

Seriously though, as others have said, there is no way Lego could retire this set at this point in the year. Emazers made a good point (per usual) by stating that Lego is going to make so many sales off this set over Halloween and Xmas that it is nearly impossible to retire. This is prime selling time for this puppy, why would they ever pass that up just to retire it a couple months early? It`s here until December at minimum. 

This seems like a great opportunity to mention that ToysRus is about the last source I would ever use to make assumptions regarding sets going EOL.  TRU's finger is way off the pulse when it comes to...well...anything.  Haha.  I know some people have had great success stories with acquiring awesome LEGO deals at TRU, but I am not one of those people.  The ones in my area are always picked over, GROSSLY overpriced, and seem to restock once every quarter at best.

Rant and personal feelings aside...back to my initial statement.  Keep in mind that LEGO Stores and LEGO Shop at Home will have (nearly) everything that TRU is ever going to have, so those should serve as your more reliable sources.

Come on guys.....we all know what really happened. They didn't want to honor the 15% off coupon anymore that some of us got. I tried just now to replicate it on the phone...she said they are out..even though it is on site. Funny...she got all my info to purchase it...then when i mentioned the 15% coupon code.....she said that she just realized they were out of stock.

Come on guys.....we all know what really happened. They didn't want to honor the 15% off coupon anymore that some of us got. I tried just now to replicate it on the phone...she said they are out..even though it is on site. Funny...she got all my info to purchase it...then when i mentioned the 15% coupon code.....she said that she just realized they were out of stock.

Definitely. Here is the TRU flowchart:

Customer asks for coupon:

1. Is it marked up 15% or more?

Yes: Ok I would be happy to do that.

No: It doesn't apply

2. Customer points out coupon doesn't say that?

Yes: Well we are out of stock anyway

No: Make them buy it.

Details on the coupon today exclude lego so they actually are right this time - even though they gave the wrong reason.

• Like 1

sounds reasonable...

;)