3185 - Summer Riding Camp

emazers

I believe this is retail at Lego S@H.  However, TRU sells this for $120, so it's not a bad price.  Some have used TRU discounts/coupons to bring the $120 price down to something more manageable, and if you can hit a BOGO50% where they don't jack up their prices, you can get it for less ($90 each).  S@H will likely not discount this.  As it's a TRU exclusive, you're not buying it anywhere else in the US.

I believe this is retail at Lego LEGO Shop at Home.  However, TRU sells this for $120, so it's not a bad price.  Some have used TRU discounts/coupons to bring the $120 price down to something more manageable, and if you can hit a BOGO50% where they don't jack up their prices, you can get it for less ($90 each).  LEGO Shop at Home will likely not discount this.  As it's a TRU exclusive, you're not buying it anywhere else in the US.

Although strange as it seems, there are times you can get it shipped from amazon UK for cheaper.

Although strange as it seems, there are times you can get it shipped from amazon UK for cheaper.

True - Amazon UK has seen this set discounted more than the $90 minimum you can find it for domestically.  It's currently on sale for roughly $88 (give or take a few dollars).  Good catch, C.

Hi A friend of mine email me that she seen the Summer Riding camp for $99.00. she is looking for Christmas and I did not know if it was so I thought this would be the best place to ask . 

Bought this for my gf.  Worth it to play not worth to resell at the price. 

True - Amazon UK has seen this set discounted more than the $90 minimum you can find it for domestically.  It's currently on sale for roughly $88 (give or take a few dollars).  Good catch, C.

Will it show what she will pay. she is in MO. I have not got any thing from there so did not know if the price will show what she is paying.  

thanks for all of the help from all of you. she will be happy to know. 

• 2 months later...

My daughter likes the sets, but I don't care for the figures at all.  They seem unrealistic, though they are more realistic than minifigures... Go figure.  One thing I do think is going to make these sets desirable is the color of the bricks.  Even if they phase this out, which I think is unlikely, the bricks themselves will fetch a fair price if Lego does not do another 'girls' theme or sets geared towards them.  I got some of the boats when Amazon had them for 64 or something.  I will stock up on the houses from the Friends line when I see them on clearance or big sales.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good question. At my local Lego stores, they have a TON of these. All of the old Friends stuff is gone, but plenty of these on the shelf. I am wondering what it will do for the long term value in the set, I can't figure out why there would be a ton of interest in Heartlake Stables, and less in this one. 

I am betting it is gone in the next 6 months.

Good question. At my local Lego stores, they have a TON of these. All of the old Friends stuff is gone, but plenty of these on the shelf. I am wondering what it will do for the long term value in the set, I can't figure out why there would be a ton of interest in Heartlake Stables, and less in this one.

I am betting it is gone in the next 6 months.

SRC is twice the cost of HS. $99.99 is pretty steep for a lego set.

Heartlake Stables is going to disappear before SRC does. If given the choice I would buy the former right now.

• 2 months later...

Everyone,

I am attempting to analyze the comparative value of this set.  I keep watching the date for delivery move further and further out at LEGO.com.  The set is currently valued at over 20% above retail.  It is an exclusive as well.  What other sets have come and gone that compare to this one?  I am already sold on the Friends theme and anyone who is not, has not been paying attention.  In this theme though the majority of sets fall in the middle range.  Does this group think that #3185 will top at 200, 250, 300?  Is this set the first of it's kind?  I feel strongly that now is the time to pick them up, and with each move of the delivery date I get more and more nervous.  The site still allows orders to be placed, I am still waiting on 1 to arrive. This is open for discussion and I am interested in all perspectives at this point.  I do have a concern with this being the largest friends set, will it matter, I am not sure?

Thanks,

Waddamon

Note that TRU pulled riding camp listing from its ebay store. Not sure if there is any significance in that...

If frigging butterfly salon could get into $100 range, I assume anything is possible. Though I am still not clear what moves that butterfly salon. With horses the danger is that there a plenty of other horse-involved sets

I was going to say, I hate the fact they have so many other horse related sets right now. I think this has impacted Heartlake Stables for sure - prices have dropped quite a bit since Christmas with the release of the new smaller ranch and the horse show. The new mall set should be a big one though, so I'm going to be happy if this gets into the $200-$250 range, but I am not expecting a ton better than that.

I had a feeling responses would be sparse. This really is new territory. I forgot about the tru bogo. I think i nail down 15 to 20 and see what happens.. if it reaches more than 200 i think i would be pretty happy. It is kinds nice the new largest set is a mall. That one will be a must at the end of 2015. I have a good source for olivias house at 30 each so i am going to wrap up that position at 30 sets.

• Like 1

I don't see it going beyond 250 and this is very iffy... The theme is getting too diluted with too too too many sets, it is all over the place. Too many horses to begin with, the new sets looks stagnant to me  (ranch, horseshow, beach house, juice bar), the only one I think will be a winner among those is the News Van. With the MALL coming out and the jungle theme in the summer the demand for older sets will drop. And to that the Princess and Movie themes and  the Friend's theme have suffered across the board. I still believe the DC will do well again this Christmas