I knocked this over.....

rcdb1984

I want to see the world's largest unsupported Lego tower without a metal beam in the middle of it and guy wires.  This is pretty cool, though.  I just think  an unsupported one would be more official.  

I was thinking that too.  If you use wires and other supports why not just build it only a few bricks wide rather than such a large base.

When I think back to Lego tower competitions with siblings and friends when I was a kid you had to let go of the tower and let it stand on its own in order for it to count :)

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I think this tower's "record" should be invalidated as it's held up by cables, not freestanding.  It's just a shame that there's not enough Lego in the World to build a 1:1 replica of Cheops' pyramid - this will not need cables.

Guest TabbyBoy

I think this tower's "record" should be invalidated as it's held up by cables, not freestanding.  It's just a shame that there's not enough Lego in the World to build a 1:1 replica of Cheops' pyramid - this will not need cables.

Also if it was a UCS set, the box may be a little big!

Has anyone ever built a bridge completely out of Legos? I mean one that's strong enough to drive a car across...

One was made out of duct tape on Mythbusters.  I think a Lego bridge is going to be a tough one, unless it is glued. It would also most likely have to be build out of plate pieces, since the thin plastic in the normal bricks would crack under the weight, but the plates would give its sides some solidity. 

• 4 weeks later...