Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

• 5 weeks later...

I would not consider selling Lego..s  via FBA.  
Risking all the efforts/money/time that it took me to gather my Lego inventory so that I can turn it over to some warehouse dude to handle?
You also have no voice at all when customer claims missing pcs. Tampering or damages.
FBA works well with items such as Bars of Soap, sponges, Batteries, etc.....

• 2 weeks later...

I am brand new to the world of selling via FBA on Amazon. I am just packaging up my first big shipment to send to several Amazon warehouses. I chose to go the route of printing my own labels for the lego sets I am sending them. Do you actually affix the label to the lego set (box) or what? If so, where on the box do you typically do this? Is there a tutorial I am missing somewhere?

Many thanks!

Has anyone here ever combined a couple (or more) smaller lego sets together to sell as a single item (lot)? If so, how do you handle that with FBA? How do you create the new lot since Amazon won't have that setup as an existing "product"?

I am brand new to the world of selling via FBA on Amazon. I am just packaging up my first big shipment to send to several Amazon warehouses. I chose to go the route of printing my own labels for the lego sets I am sending them. Do you actually affix the label to the lego set (box) or what? If so, where on the box do you typically do this? Is there a tutorial I am missing somewhere?

Many thanks!

I think Amazon also gives you the option to have them apply the labels for you (for a small fee).  Something to consider if you don't have the setup at home.

I think Amazon also gives you the option to have them apply the labels for you (for a small fee).  Something to consider if you don't have the setup at home.

I don't know who applied the labels for a book I got recently via FBA, but I would recommend doing it yourself to limit error. I ordered a game of thrones book and received a random children's book with the game of thrones' stock sticker. Got full refund and kept kid's book.

Many thanks!

Has anyone here ever combined a couple (or more) smaller lego sets together to sell as a single item (lot)? If so, how do you handle that with FBA? How do you create the new lot since Amazon won't have that setup as an existing "product"?

Use the label to cover the barcode ( barcode MUST be covered)

You can do bundles. You will most likey have to create a listing. Put items in a box. Marks as : bundled item dont open. Affix label to box .

• Like 1

FBA is the devil. All of you, er, I mean us should stay far, far, away. ;)

Seriously though, FBA is THE best for commodity type products. I'm new in the game so I have a while to go before I sell my big exclusives, but I would not consider sending them FBA when the time comes. You have to do what fits your business model though.

lots of work for a slim margin...  i rather take that $3-$4k and buy 1 or 2 exclusives :) plus there would be less sets to mail

I believe it hit $80 Dec 2 last year. More sellers this time around so it may be tougher. 

I only bought these at $30, still waiting on the amazon UK order. Got some from diapers for 30 too (yoyo) but it was tough finding a discount this year. May think about just buying 100 next year and go for more sales with slimmer margins. 

• Like 1

not sure. maybe early this week but then the timing of postage transit comes into play.  people want the advent sets before Dec 1 so technically, we should be seeing decent prices this weekend already,

not sure how many people are buying on amazon since ebay now is far cheaper for both advent sets.

the $40 SW calendar selling for $70 on amazon isn't much after the fees and they usually never provide sellers enough to cover shipping (unless your account enables to charge your own ship rates).  ...forget about FBA, as that make the net profit even worse.

Amazon Sales Rank:

#40 Best Selling Toy for Star Wars Advent

#69 Best Selling Toy For City Advent

Im confused on your FBA statement:

Im in the Star Wars ones for about $33 each. have 13, If I sold them today for the buybox price I'd get $60.50 after fees, take of $.50 for inbound shipping to Amazon and I'm at $60.00 after fees. Original Investment $429, within two weeks turned into $780, profit of $351. I guess I don't see anything bad about that.  

P.S. I know I am not factoring in time, but there should be less time taken using FBA than Fulfilling it yourself. 

• Like 1

Amazon Sales Rank:

#40 Best Selling Toy for Star Wars Advent

#69 Best Selling Toy For City Advent

Im confused on your FBA statement:

Im in the Star Wars ones for about $33 each. have 13, If I sold them today for the buybox price I'd get $60.50 after fees, take of $.50 for inbound shipping to Amazon and I'm at $60.00 after fees. Original Investment $429, within two weeks turned into $780, profit of $351. I guess I don't see anything bad about that.  

P.S. I know I am not factoring in time, but there should be less time taken using FBA than Fulfilling it yourself. 

can you post your FBA breakdown per set?

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/fba/revenue-calculator/index.html/ref=im_xx_cont_xx?ie=UTF8&lang=en_US

just a FYI...

when i used the FBA calc tool (see link below and assuming $70 sold price), your amazon payment will be about $5 more per set when NOT using FBA.  i also included an extra $4 to cover postage since non-FBA orders never include enough to cover postage ($3.99 the last time i checked)

I don't know if Amazon charges you smaller fees, but I could get a profit of about $20 on a Advent Cal if I was in at $33. Which still isn't awful, but it's not $35.

SW advent FBA
Buy in : $33
Sell : 73.95
Net (after fees and inbound ) : $26.3

Price went down like $.33 since this morning, but here it is with my current by box price and $.50 for inbound shipping. (Pretty sure this is the same for everyone because I don't have to login to use it)

YAYOIYz.png

I don't know if Amazon charges you smaller fees, but I could get a profit of about $20 on a Advent Cal if I was in at $33. Which still isn't awful, but it's not $35.

If you were referring to me I don't think I said $35. 

Either way, just saying there was money to be made with proper buy in. 

Edited by Dbroncoboy

just a FYI...

when i used the FBA calc tool (see link below and assuming $70 sold price), your amazon payment will be about $5 more per set when NOT using FBA.  i also included an extra $4 to cover postage since non-FBA orders never include enough to cover postage ($3.99 the last time i checked)

Im confused. I just updated the screenshot in my post to compare the 2. Can you ship this thing for under $6?

Im confused. I just updated the screenshot in my post to compare the 2. Can you ship this thing for under $6?

non-fba orders include an extra $3.99 for postage but shipping always cost more. so i added the $3.99 and subtracted $4 since i'll need to shell that out to cover non-FBA postage. still about $5 more in my pocket than FBA for these calendars at $70.

non-fba orders include an extra $3.99 for postage but shipping always cost more. so i added the $3.99 and subtracted $4 since i'll need to shell that out to cover non-FBA postage. still about $5 more in my pocket than FBA for these calendars at $70.

I think your comparing apples to oranges though, the customer is paying that extra $3.99 right? so you really have to raise the FBA price $4 to compare apples to apples since FBA orders over $40 (or whatever it is) ship free to customers. 

Not trying to argue, just trying to figure out if I am missing something. 

Technic Excavator at Amazon UK - if you buy 5 comes out to about $51 each

Just something I wanted to note for all the Amazon UK deals. If your buying them and plan to sell with FBA, the barcodes are different (EANs instead of UPCs I believe) so you get stuck listing them as such unless you try to bypass that by relabeling them. 

I learned this the hard way. 

Just something I wanted to note for all the Amazon UK deals. If your buying them and plan to sell with FBA, the barcodes are different (EANs instead of UPCs I believe) so you get stuck listing them as such unless you try to bypass that by relabeling them.

Any chance you can elaborate on this? Do you mean I could sticky note the correct upc code on before I send it to amazon? Or should I record all amazon uk items separately from the other usa items when sending to amazon? Thanks for the advice!

Why do you even bother co-mingling? Or you wanted to avoid labeling?

Why do you even bother co-mingling? Or you wanted to avoid labeling?

Friends don't let friends co-mingle inventory at FBA. Ever.

Amazon claims to be able to track inventory into the commingled bins to the seller, but when the banhammer drops for counterfeit products, they say sorry (not sorry). Be careful.

Hmm. I don't know.

I don't sell High Dollar stuff through FBA typically. I was under the impression that commingled made inbound shipping easier. For example I just sent 18 22x22x21 Boxes to Amazon (Dimensional weight of 50+ pounds - So a total shipment weight of around 900 pounds) for only $220. Shipment was almost 400 lego sets. All of my shipments besides 1 stayed on this side of the country.

I figured non commingled I would be shipping them all over the place. Is this not the case?

Also was under the impression that commingled made winning the buy box easier as you will rarely win the buy box if they have to ship your item across the country. If my item can ship from any location in the US it seems to make it an easier win for me.

Last year I went over 350k in sales, didn't have an issue (knock on wood) I'd love some insight from you guys who are not using commingled as to what (if any) changes it makes to inbound shipping.