Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

Still getting used to FBA: I had a set marked as unfulfillable (Warehouse Damaged) for the entire month of November. Ran an inventory report yesterday and saw an option for a removal order. Tried running it but got a message saying item could not be removed. Today I suddenly have a +1 on my inventory for this set, and the unfulfillable entry is gone. What happened?

Btw: the inventory report also showed the item was first marked as lost when it arrived at the warehouse, then got the warehouse damaged status the next day....

Contact seller support and prompt them to reimburse you for the item. Sets can stuck for a long time when they aren't reimbursed quickly. I had a Gingerbread House sit as warehouse damaged for almost a year.

Sent from my VS995 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

On 11/26/2017 at 11:47 PM, zak001 said:

Anyone here have any experience with Payability? Their fee structure (2% of receivables) isn't horrendous, and this time of year having next-day access to Amazon funds would be REALLY nice, but if there's a horror story out there I want to hear it.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=378962&ref_=_sf_378962_wsfqs_home&sortBy=helpful

7 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

1. if one can't stay in business without the daily reimbursement then there is something seriously wrong.

2. if one has small or large enough business then there should be a way to get revolving credit to use to get inventory if you have to and if that revolving credit is equal to or more than your monthly gross sales then why would one need to get access to funds on daily basis?

3. paying someone else to get your own money [ albeit sooner ] is basically throwing $$ in sand in my pov. 

look at the crap .... once i ask them to send my inventory back since they have been playing the game of stranded. here is the latest update .... 

INV_MISPLACED.png

Edited by newbie77
FWIW
  • Like 1

Follow up from a few pages back. Two weeks later (stuck in processing) my hulkbusters were marked as missing. Why the hell would it take two weeks to be marked missing when then entire rest of shipment was unloaded and already sold?

I’m betting problem with listing so it wouldn’t scan and they didn’t know what to do with it. Only 5, but that’s still over $400 worth

Thoughts ?

1 hour ago, justapilgrim said:

Follow up from a few pages back. Two weeks later (stuck in processing) my hulkbusters were marked as missing. Why the hell would it take two weeks to be marked missing when then entire rest of shipment was unloaded and already sold?

I’m betting problem with listing so it wouldn’t scan and they didn’t know what to do with it. Only 5, but that’s still over $400 worth

Thoughts ?

If the barcode didn't scan they would relabel it and you would have an unplanned prep fee for the units. If the listing was pulled they would go into your stranded inventory. Take the blue pill and you shorted the shipment plain and simple, so make sure to double check next time.  Take the red pill and most likely they "procured" those units to reimburse another seller's inventory they either lost or damaged (does not look good for warehouse metrics to be paying out every time they lose or damage an item - might even cost a few people their nice paying jobs).

Saw a FO Transporter get refunded because buyer said "never received it"  Amazon shipped it UPS SurePost, and tracking via UPS has stopped half way through.  Amazon has already refunded the buyer but they are unwilling to refund me, or open a claim with UPS.  They said I have to wait out the 45 days that Amazon says I need to wait until they can actually determine it's lost.  Is this normal?  

2 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

Saw a FO Transporter get refunded because buyer said "never received it"  Amazon shipped it UPS SurePost, and tracking via UPS has stopped half way through.  Amazon has already refunded the buyer but they are unwilling to refund me, or open a claim with UPS.  They said I have to wait out the 45 days that Amazon says I need to wait until they can actually determine it's lost.  Is this normal?  

Package wasn't in Maryland by any chance was it?
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Fire-Engulfs-UPS-Vehicles-Loading-Dock-in-Frederick-462024243.html

Is there any additional fees to having your Amazon payments sent over every few days if you request a disbursement? Whenever I check my balance owed me, I can see when the next scheduled disbursement is planned, but sometimes I'll just request the transfer before then.

I love having a DC nearby. Package filled with sets bought in the last 2 weeks, shipped on Tuesday, delivered next day and checked in two hours later. All but one set sold 24hrs later, 150% ROI ready to be paid out in 2 weeks from now. Love the efficiency ....

I’ve been lucky and got to ship to Hebron the last 2 shipments.

46 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I’ve been lucky and got to ship to Hebron the last 2 shipments.

42 minutes ago, legopocalypse said:

Me too, been on a nice streak of shipments to Hebron

I have to ask you guys if your inventory has gone to backorder once received in Hebron?  I also like the proximity to me (one business day delivery) and their quick check-in time, but my units are getting stuck in backorder for 6-8 days at this location.  That I don't like, but I'm sure it has something to do with their volume this time of year or inventory getting redistributed.

Edited by zskid00

14 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I have to ask you guys if your inventory has gone to backorder once received in Hebron?  I also like the proximity to me (one business day delivery) and their quick check-in time, but my units are getting stuck in backorder for 6-8 days at this location.  That I don't like, but I'm sure it has something to do with their volume this time of year or inventory getting redistributed.

It takes several days, inventory getting redistributed.

If the barcode didn't scan they would relabel it and you would have an unplanned prep fee for the units. If the listing was pulled they would go into your stranded inventory. Take the blue pill and you shorted the shipment plain and simple, so make sure to double check next time.  Take the red pill and most likely they "procured" those units to reimburse another seller's inventory they either lost or damaged (does not look good for warehouse metrics to be paying out every time they lose or damage an item - might even cost a few people their nice paying jobs).

They full on marked them as “missing/didn’t arrive” I’d be happy with a bad bar code and some fees

4 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

i would like to apologize to Toy Planet, he is a baller compared to the new bottom feeder World's Best.... sigh 

World's Best was a problem last year but seems to have grown a lot... I'm not sure if they're worse than Toy Planet, though. TP tends to have less SKUs but much deeper inventory. For example, TP parked 400+ of 10686 within the last day or two at ~$43.... Price was rising quickly to ~$55+ last week. World's Best tends to have something like 20-80 units. TP routinely shows up on a listing with a single unit or two per day volume with 100+ units and just destroys the price. I remember a year--maybe 2 years ago it was--when 9497 was bouncing off $100 FBA and TP showed up with however many hundreds. All the way down to $65 now, some year or two later.

10512 is another classic, it was happily making its way toward $50 FBA going into the holidays:

https://camelcamelcamel.com/LEGO-DUPLO-Jakes-Treasure-10512/product/B00C9X592U

Down to 19.99 (retail was 14.99) with 300+ units. Often no one is even challenging or matching their prices, they could easily move up...but I guess when you have so many units...

Sigh... :girlsigh:

Edited by chrisynd
  • Like 2

World's Best was a problem last year but seems to have grown a lot... I'm not sure if they're worse than Toy Planet, though. TP tends to have less SKUs but much deeper inventory. For example, TP parked 400+ of 10686 within the last day or two at ~$43.... Price was rising quickly to ~$55+ last week. World's Best tends to have something like 20-80 units. TP routinely shows up on a listing with a single unit or two per day volume with 100+ units and just destroys the price. I remember a year--maybe 2 years ago it was--when 9497 was bouncing off $100 FBA and TP showed up with however many hundreds. All the way down to $65 now, some year or two later.
10512 is another classic, it was happily making its way toward $50 FBA going into the holidays:
https://camelcamelcamel.com/LEGO-DUPLO-Jakes-Treasure-10512/product/B00C9X592U
Down to 19.99 (retail was 14.99) with 300+ units. Often no one is even challenging or matching their prices, they could easily move up...but I guess when you have so many units...
Sigh... :girlsigh:

10686 was the listing I had TP come in on when I was just sending in my last 2. Managed to sell one at $50 before their inventory arrived. They started at $43, but after a few days moved up to $48. Sold my last one at that price, by just matching them. Since my average buy in on those was $12 and I picked my last two up just 2 weeks ago from Shopko, I'm not complaining.
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

10686 was the listing I had TP come in on when I was just sending in my last 2. Managed to sell one at $50 before their inventory arrived. They started at $43, but after a few days moved up to $48. Sold my last one at that price, by just matching them. Since my average buy in on those was $12 and I picked my last two up just 2 weeks ago from Shopko, I'm not complaining.

by some unfortunate miracle, target had 10686 in stock for the months of september and october at msrp which might also have dinged the price.

Edited by cladner