Cuusoo Creations

tjspencer1

Firstly, I would just like to add my thanks to those of you who have supported me so far - This means a huge amount for the time it's taken me and the effort I've put in.

I have been a member of Cuusoo for just over a week and have created two projects which I am very proud of. In this time I have upset the entire Christian fan base regarding my Origin of the minifigure exhibit, annoyed one of the most active Cuusoo reviewers about my tagging and been accused of copying someone elses project. Is it just me, or does it seem that Cuusoo is more of a forum for criticisms rather than looking at the build ingenuity and the talent of designing? Has anyone else found this to be the case? All I am trying to do is design models that are the closest resemblance to something Lego would actually take seriously rather than a competition between members. Please tell me your thoughts?

If you like a particular theme, why are you not supporting all of them, for example? The whole point is to try and get the items made by Lego right?

I have not submitted anything myself or been very active in CUUSOO's comment areas. However, I can say some of the remarks left behind can get very nitpicky, dismissive, or rude which in a way seems fitting for the kind of promotional art gallery website it is. I have read many similar comments left behind on another website for art in general and there will always be critics to be found, even in other artists.

I also think the pot has been stirred up rather roughly lately and many are on edge meaning people will more easily find fault in anything when there was nothing there to start with.

Guest eightbrick

Firstly, I would just like to add my thanks to those of you who have supported me so far - This means a huge amount for the time it's taken me and the effort I've put in.

I have been a member of Cuusoo for just over a week and have created two projects which I am very proud of. In this time I have upset the entire Christian fan base regarding my Origin of the minifigure exhibit, annoyed one of the most active Cuusoo reviewers about my tagging and been accused of copying someone elses project. Is it just me, or does it seem that Cuusoo is more of a forum for criticisms rather than looking at the build ingenuity and the talent of designing? Has anyone else found this to be the case? All I am trying to do is design models that are the closest resemblance to something Lego would actually take seriously rather than a competition between members. Please tell me your thoughts?

If you like a particular theme, why are you not supporting all of them, for example? The whole point is to try and get the items made by Lego right?

People will be jealous of anything that is similar to theirs that performs better. I think it may have lost some of its purity ever since the age restriction thing that rattled quite a few cages. The BQ fiasco is just another example of another unfortunate mishap on the site. That evolutionary theory thing is unfounded, it was obviously not your intention at all to bring up the Science/Religion debate... to which all I will say is if them coexisting together is good enough for Einstein, it should be good enough for all of us.

I was looking at your project and now some Brick Queen fan is taunting you, leaking in from your JP project. I don't know what they are all complaining about copying, especially when all three of the new JP projects (you, BQ, and Senteosan) were way behind these two which came out one year ago: 

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/13673

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/9984