SpongeBob SquarePants - general discussion

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that the Flying Dutchman is the best option of the 4 that are currently out. IMO the 3818 Bikini Bottom Undersea Party comes next, followed by Glove World and Heroic Heroes of the Deep. All in all however, they will be great investments. Just look at the direction the other SpongeBob sets have taken! UP, UP, UP!

If you really must know more, which I am sure is the case, wait a little while and you will get an EC article by me on it!  :thumbsup:

The older sets are doing pretty well. and I think the only sets with sandy are the older rocket and this newer glove park one, so I think that the glove one will do well at least (comes with spongebob, patrick, sandy, and a fish for $20), and it is $18 on target.com (+20% off). I also like the superhero set because of the unique minifigs

I'm a little worried about this last SBSP release having jumped the shark, so to speak.

Bikini Bottom has been made twice previous to this latest iteration.  While the first did really well, the second one (3834 Good Neighbors) has been a dud by Lego investing (and SBSP) standards.  I don't see the third being meaningfully different, although it has maintained its eBay sale price close to MSRP, so it hasn't dug itself a big hole.

I agree the Dutchman is the one to watch from the last batch.   I personally am not sold on the other two although they could be worth a flip if you get a discount on them.

Spongebob theme retired tbis year....even 5th grader knows that.... ;)...see brickipedia link

Not to disagree with you on this particular thing, but for further reference, Brickipedia has been wrong before. I was looking around for a complete list of UCS SW models and came a cross Brickipedia. I was like "Hey, this has the word brick in it, and pedia. It must be reliable, right?" (Maybe not exactly like that, but it was a long time ago). Lo and behold, it was wrong. There were several sets added such as Cloud City, AT-AT, etc. etc. Make sure that you double check it with other sources.

Just so ya'll don't make the same mistake as me: A Star Wars set that has a 10xxx number is not a UCS set. It is simply a LEGO exclusive, which was the reason for this misconception.

Spongebob theme retired tbis year....even 5th grader knows that.... ;)...see brickipedia link

I don't care what brickpedia says, a set is not retired until it is retired at lego.com (which is does not). It also does not say retiring soon, which would indicate an imminent retirement...