CUUSOO just turned into middle school...

ExoBro94

I'm pretty sure she has an idea of what is going on. The fact that there are contradicting accounts by her of what happened just makes it look more fishy. As others have said, Lego would look into something manually and have reasons before banning a prominent user that has a project approaching 5000 votes. However, as much as I love reading the closest thing to a juicy gossip forum the Lego community is ever going to see, it's probably not the best idea to stir this up again. I'm not looking forward to reading a bunch more unintelligible death threats like on the Youtube page. 

Yeah seriously, the threats were ridiculous. And I'm a big believer in facts. At this point, all of the facts that we have point to her being in the wrong. It's as simple as that. Sure she made a lot of projects and has a popular YouTube channel. However, that shouldn't excuse her from acting decently and that definitely shouldn't excuse her from having to play by the rules. I liken this whole topic to, let's say, a celebrity who gets off from jail time just because they are a celebrity. If you do the crime, be ready to do the time.

I think it's also important that I say I completely understand her experience and where she is coming from. Believe it or not, I started making YouTube videos in 8th grade and kept at it on that channel for 4 years. At the time that I stopped making YouTube videos for that channel (outgrew the audience and wanted to move onto bigger and better things, namely, making short films for my college portfolio) I had 20,000+ subscribers, was a YouTube partner, and was making upwards of $2000 a month. I'll be the first to say that YouTube is an incredible tool for reaching an audience and it needs to be used responsibly. As we have all seen, BrickQueen's fan-base is less-than-mature and she should have thought about what would happen before she released a video like the one that she did. 

Guest eightbrick

I think it's also important that I say I completely understand her experience and where she is coming from. Believe it or not, I started making YouTube videos in 8th grade and kept at it on that channel for 4 years. At the time that I stopped making YouTube videos for that channel (outgrew the audience and wanted to move onto bigger and better things, namely, making short films for my college portfolio) I had 20,000+ subscribers, was a YouTube partner, and was making upwards of $2000 a month. I'll be the first to say that YouTube is an incredible tool for reaching an audience and it needs to be used responsibly. As we have all seen, BrickQueen's fan-base is less-than-mature and she should have thought about what would happen before she released a video like the one that she did. 

Good points. As you already know, I'm pretty interested in videos. Can you PM me the link to your channel?

Good points. As you already know, I'm pretty interested in videos. Can you PM me the link to your channel?

PM'd. And to continue, I really think BQ should either take the video down, publicly apologize, or at least address her viewers more directly and make them stop.

Guest eightbrick

Uh, did you all know she is a member of this site?  Trash talkers.

Of course I know. I am BrickQueen.

Kidding aside, yeah this video is starting (thanks in part to all the mindless comments) to fall to the level of her DeLorean rant. Considering she deleted that, I can see it as possible that she might get rid of this one... but I am starting to think that this is good for her publicity, I mean a bunch of people are going "I've never heard of this person before".

Guest eightbrick

Bad publicity is still publicity.. Someone should check the number of subscribers to her You tube channel last week and compare it to today :)

I'm lazy... tell me. I can't find her previous amount of subscribers.

Guest eightbrick

Business world talk 101: when I say "someone should..." that means someone other than me should... :D :D :D

Ohhhhhh. I just checked, she is at 57K. I don't remember what she was at yesterday, was it 53? That's crazy if it was.

Hello all,

I am the creator of the JP project that seems to have spurred on this whole mess. I want to inform you all that I have done absolutely nothing to discredit Brickqueen and am sad that a select few has decided to blame and boycot my creations. I certainly haven't flagged her builds or contacted her in any way. All I have done is supported her projects and made a different mini figure playset. I naively thought that the more interest in JP there was, the increased likelihood of getting a line made by Lego. As is with recent ghostbusters sets that both will probably end up in the review. Whether Brickqueen is responsible for this mess is specualtion as no statement from Cuusoo has been provided yet. What is the case is that a severe amount of internet trolling on mine and senteosan page has resulted in a mess of immature comments and now jeopardise the line being made at all.

The only thing I know about brick queen is she has been accused on eurobricks of taking other people's projects and claiming they were her ideas. I dont know if that is true but the accusers might have complained to cuusoo.

I am sure Cuusoo made their decision for a good reason.

Guest eightbrick

This is what a Lego Ambassador on EB said of the matter. Probably the only explanation we are going to get from someone actually affiliated with Lego so I thought it was worth sharing:

This is a list of events what went down and is the best we will get without Cuusoo making an official statement.

-Brick Queen posted two Jurassic Park entries on Cuusoo and she getting a lot of support for that
-two other members also posted Jurassic Park entries on Cuusoo, with entries partially similar to those of Brick Queen
-Brick Queen was very upset because of that and she and some of her followers started accusing those other two of plagiarism and stealing attention
-in course of heated up action on the comments section Brick Queen opened several other accounts on Cuusoo and started using them for insults and and accusations
-Cuusoo admins noted that and banned her account and removed all her Cuusoo entries
-Brick Queen posted "crying" video and she and some of her followers started campaign over several AFOL sites to make her look the victim.         

This is what a Lego Ambassador on EB said of the matter. Probably the only explanation we are going to get from someone actually affiliated with Lego so I thought it was worth sharing:

This is a list of events what went down and is the best we will get without Cuusoo making an official statement.

-Brick Queen posted two Jurassic Park entries on Cuusoo and she getting a lot of support for that

-two other members also posted Jurassic Park entries on Cuusoo, with entries partially similar to those of Brick Queen

-Brick Queen was very upset because of that and she and some of her followers started accusing those other two of plagiarism and stealing attention

-in course of heated up action on the comments section Brick Queen opened several other accounts on Cuusoo and started using them for insults and and accusations

-Cuusoo admins noted that and banned her account and removed all her Cuusoo entries

-Brick Queen posted "crying" video and she and some of her followers started campaign over several AFOL sites to make her look the victim.

And that actually seems super plausible.

Sounds like she got what was coming to her.  Why can't everyone just play nicely with their Lego.

Guest eightbrick

Sounds like she got what was coming to her.  Why can't everyone just play nicely with their Lego.

Not sure. I guess being a semi-famous Youtube personality started messing with her ego. Personally, I would rather see the UCS T-Rex set a lot more than hers - just because you have a huge fanbase doesn't give you the right to start sending them out on other people's projects - especially when hers followed the footsteps of a similar project that came out in 2012.

Hello all,

I am the creator of the JP project that seems to have spurred on this whole mess. I want to inform you all that I have done absolutely nothing to discredit Brickqueen and am sad that a select few has decided to blame and boycot my creations. I certainly haven't flagged her builds or contacted her in any way. All I have done is supported her projects and made a different mini figure playset. I naively thought that the more interest in JP there was, the increased likelihood of getting a line made by Lego. As is with recent ghostbusters sets that both will probably end up in the review. Whether Brickqueen is responsible for this mess is specualtion as no statement from Cuusoo has been provided yet. What is the case is that a severe amount of internet trolling on mine and senteosan page has resulted in a mess of immature comments and now jeopardise the line being made at all.

I am sorry you and senteosan are getting so much flack from unconfirmed rumors which is spreading like wildfire, and this is why I suggested for everyone to contact CUUSOO's customer support. I understand what it is like to be hurt or angry but people starting a flame war does not help anyone ever. I wonder just how many CUUSOO members have left because of this whole thing.

Oh goodie, more gossip. That just reads like another outsider's point-of-view on what happened. Plausible or not, this doesn't help. Lego really needs to step in and provide some clarity as to what happened like now.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

does anyone think suspending all comments on all projects (for a short time) will send an effective message to everyone over there.  

I am sorry you and senteosan are getting so much flack from unconfirmed rumors which is spreading like wildfire, and this is why I suggested for everyone to contact CUUSOO's customer support. I understand what it is like to be hurt or angry but people starting a flame war does not help anyone ever. I wonder just how many CUUSOO members have left because of this whole thing.

Oh goodie, more gossip. That just reads like another outsider's point-of-view on what happened. Plausible or not, this doesn't help. Lego really needs to step in and provide some clarity as to what happened like now.

They do not have to answer to us. As far as we know, case is closed. End of story. 

BQ has an update video. She is officially, permanently banned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib3t_7foDvg

EDIT: She is still claiming she "knows" the person who got her banned. lol. She also goes on to bad mouth CUUSOO the whole time. 

EDIT #2: She also says she will refuse to support any JP project and if it ever gets made she says she will never buy it. My god, this woman has an attitude.

Guest eightbrick

That's it, I'm done with listening to this person. She needs to get things into perspective. Essentially it seems she didn't play nice and the ref's kicked her out. Now she's boycotting the whole game. Seriously, saying the Lego company hates you? Disappointing.

After watching it, I'm sort of irked by how she a) makes it seem like Lego has something against her. Companies just don't go around chooosing people they like and people they don't with no reasons. The fact that they have held true to their ban makes me think that there has to be some darning evidence that she was creating fake accounts like tracked IP addresses. and b ) how she says she will not support any Lego JP, whether it be a official line or Cuusoo creation. She says she will side with Kreo in their license. There you go folks, there's a reason for Lego to not be happy with you - not to mention her making the whole tone of the video choose me or choose Lego, this evil corporation that hates me. and c) she says the reason of her not supporting JP is because people copied her project. I've got news for her: there were 8 (possibly nine not sure when hers came out) ideas for JP, including one that is very similar to her "original" idea that came out before hers.

Maybe this all was just a big mix up, but I doubt it. Denying it to everyone's faces doesn't mean it didn't happen. If she was really not in the wrong she should have asked Lego to look into the IP addresses of these "fake accounts"

End rant.