Bricklink stores pet peeve

i understand the min purchase amount. I have looked quite a bit at seeing who has be best deal on parts and such and trying to figure it all out. i do not see a problem with this, but i do not think a min purchase and a fee at the same time is ok though

Exactly... minimum purchase + extra fee is not a good thing in my personal book.

Uh, isn't that where a minimum purchase amount comes into play

But min purchase takes away the option for buyer...

Some people would buy regardless of extra fee and other might NOT buy if min. purchase is enforced...

I know I rather pay 1.50$ fee on my 2.50$ order than be forced to buy 10$ worth of stuff that I have no use for (atleast at that moment)

I can't believe how frugal some are being. It isn't like bricklink sellers are "getting rich" from selling Lego elements and minifigs.

Min overall purchase and the vast majority of handling fees are not a huge deal. However, the avg lot price min price requirements are brutal (not sure if meny understand what this is and might be confusing it with other fees / min limits).

Maybe some people are not combining smaller orders into larger ones to limit the impact fees and sell requirements have on their orders.

Most Bricklink sellers are actually doing us a good service by having online storefronts

I agree! I have never come accross min price requirement per lot thankfully, but the other kind of fees I have absolutely no problem with. I am able to get dozens of pieces that I need to complete a set that I sell for a decent profit usually for less than $5 or $10. That's some great value and I really appreciate it every single person that decides to go into that kind of business. The margins have to be really slim/

I agree! I have never come accross min price requirement per lot thankfully, but the other kind of fees I have absolutely no problem with. I am able to get dozens of pieces that I need to complete a set that I sell for a decent profit usually for less than $5 or $10. That's some great value and I really appreciate it every single person that decides to go into that kind of business. The margins have to be really slim/

min price per unique lot are quite a rare thing... I seen it once in like 40 purchases...

I have placed around the same amount of orders over the past 2 weeks or so and have never seen it either.

Consider yourselves lucky. One seller has the vast majority of the 10175 element I needed but had a .70 per lot requirement. It was nuts. On my $41 order, I would have needed to buy 2 $10 minifigs from him just to get close so he would've allowed the sale.

Honestly, I have seen this only twice myself but it is a downer when the one seller doing it has that one element type you really need.

I've used bricklink several times over the past 2 years, placing orders for a few dollars to a couple hundreds of dollars. As a collector, the site is outstanding. I've been offered coupons for repeat business (10%). The parts I buy are more important than the small fee.....keep calm and build Lego!

I've used bricklink several times over the past 2 years, placing orders for a few dollars to a couple hundreds of dollars. As a collector, the site is outstanding. I've been offered coupons for repeat business (10%). The parts I buy are more important than the small fee.....keep calm and build Lego!

As Patrick Swayze said in Ghost, "ditto".

Somebody with deep pockets needs to buy out all the big/medium players on bricklink.  Rent a small warehouse and invest in MP2 or SAP/oracle-- or something with barcode location/part tracing and set up a small warehouse.   Come up with a clever name for used brick parts, any you can make some serious money.  I am just about fed up with ordering from 10 different people every time I need a dozen parts.  I would pay double what I usually pay for one stop shopping.  Many would.

I have the cash, and know how for set-up of systems/part tracking--but not enough lego experience.  Either that--or the bog 3 or 4 need to go to the next level and combine assets/market share.  You could make yourself a nice little business for maybe 50k down.

Hmmmm....BirckPicker  that woudl be a perfect name for the service.  As that is basically what the service is.  A simple pick/pack operation---with a little purchasing/inventory/logistics thrown in.