40079 - Mini VW T1 Camper Van

yellowstripe

The only thing I remember helping me out with applying stickers well at all let alone straight was having a pair of metal tweezers using them to hold the edge of a sticker and then carefully place it across the desired surface lining up as I go but I haven't done that in years. I used to do model kits besides Lego; now all I do is Lego.

The only thing I remember helping me out with applying stickers well at all let alone straight was having a pair of metal tweezers using them to hold the edge of a sticker and then carefully place it across the desired surface lining up as I go but I haven't done that in years. I used to do model kits besides Lego; now all I do is Lego.

I gave up putting on stickers long ago... Now the only stickers applied to bricks that I own are ones that I purchased used.

Or just do a white roof with colored sides. :-)

Am I the only one judging Mos Eisley's sticker application btw? :whistle:

Haha literally my worst fear when it comes to LEGO. I just imagine someone admiring a massive collection and being like "Why does that one sticker look stupid? It's not even straight!"

Yeah. I cringe watching my 5-year-old put them on, but he always wants to do it, and about every 4th one he nails. :-) I don't sweat the personal collection ones. I have also seen some hilariously applied ones in Craigslist lots I have bought.

Sorry for the sidetrack...I concur it is a sweet poly and can't wait to get mine!

I gave up putting on stickers long ago... Now the only stickers applied to bricks that I own are ones that I purchased used.

Same here. I pretty much decided if the new stickers end up looking and leaving the same kind of gunky residue the old ones did, I will never apply a single sticker ever again. Plus now I don't need to worry about having a brick with some kind of Space element decal appearing odd when used for some other build.

Too bad the tile on the front is a sticker. We can't even get polybags now without stickers. Still can't wait for Sep. 1 to get here.

There wasn't a printed tile for the larger model so it would have been very strange to make one for the polybag.

They look awesome side by side. I would love to have a range in different colours.

Or just do a white roof with colored sides. :-)

Am I the only one judging Mos Eisley's sticker application btw? :whistle:

I was wondering if anyone would notice that. ;). I didn't build the mini camper pictured. An employee at my local store built it for the store display but since they put the sticker on so crooked they decided not to use it. I happened to be there when this was decided so they gave it to me. I just think of it as being old and having a few accidents under its belt.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow. That never seems to happen at my local Lego store. I do not even know what they do with the extra promos.

The clerk actually told me they have to get clearance from TLC before they sell any left over promos they have.  Apparently, the VW mini-camper was green lighted by corporate for my local store.

The clerk actually told me they have to get clearance from TLC before they sell any left over promos they have.  Apparently, the VW mini-camper was green lighted by corporate for my local store.

Very interesting. Maybe the reason that I do not see any promos being sold is that they were all given away.

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to buy a few of these at a local lego store and was wondering if they have investment potential. Should I flip them now while they're a bit hot? Or could more money be made, say for example when the big camper retires? Also, what are the chances of polybags such as this to be back in production and become sold by lego? Thanks