Minifigures Online

justafrog

Guest eightbrick

It looks okay. Nothing amazing though. I'm not really excited seeing as Lego really dropped the ball on Lego Universe (cmon, everyone knows you make money on MMOs by making it free to play but offering payable upgrades/currency). I hate to be a pessimist, but I just can't picture people enjoying running around as motorcycle mechanics and skydivers... which if the actual minifigure sets are any indication are going to be pretty common in the game. And it seems like you can't free build, which was the main/only attraction of Lego Universe. Well, if it fails we all know who to blame, just like last time - DARN YOU MINECRAFT! Just kiddin' ;)

I feel like this was only a matter of time because of the Lego games. This is only good for the investors. More and More people get hooked on Legos

"As if all of that didn't sound addicting enough, Lego has confirmed plans to re-launch their existing Minifigures line of toys"  (from the second link)

^^ I hope this doesn't mean they will re-issue the first 11 series.  Not that I spent too much getting hold of Series 1 and Series 2, but it would be bad for collectors if they made more of them.

Guest idunno101

Lego sure seems to be going big for the gaming business right now with the launch of the superheroes games coming soon, then the Lego movie game and now this.

I bet here's where they will start releasing set minifigs singly like star wars figs. It would sure make it easier to collect a complete set of figures instead of buying all the sets to get them. But at the same time, if they did that, the value of the sets will surely go down as well. 

If you have series 1 minifigs sitting around - - Ummmm sell?

I would be leaning towards that decision provided nothing is changed about the original character for re-release of which I feel Lego will not do. Oddly enough, I was recently contemplating whether Lego would do something such as this. They have essentially re-released certain characters in other sets like the Cheerleader and Skater in a Brick Calendar from Shop-at-Home, the Witch in the Halloween Accessory Pack, and Hula Dancer, Surfer Dude, and Surfer Girl in the Beach Accessory Pack.

Now I only wonder how these will be re-released. In the same boxes as before with their original ratios or newly designed cases with fixed ratios? What about any future series like will we see a Series 13? And lastly, will every retailer carry these or will they only be available at Lego stores or (cringe) online?

• 2 months later...

Wow. I`m sure many will be very angry and disappointed should Lego decide to do this. Obviously they are entitled to do as they please, but the principal of it is just shady/bad business. For those considering selling, honestly, I`d wait to hear more info first. Then again, you can likely make some premium sales by letting go now, so waiting may not be a good idea. 

This really bugs me. Sure kids are going to play the game, and that is Lego`s primary audience, but for those who went to the trouble/effort to collect everything under the pre tense that we would not see them available again, it`s really frustrating. The value of the original series (1-2 primarily) will definitely take a the brunt of the hit. Oh well, see what happens. 

Wow. I`m sure many will be very angry and disappointed should Lego decide to do this. Obviously they are entitled to do as they please, but the principal of it is just shady/bad business. For those considering selling, honestly, I`d wait to hear more info first. Then again, you can likely make some premium sales by letting go now, so waiting may not be a good idea. 

This really bugs me. Sure kids are going to play the game, and that is Lego`s primary audience, but for those who went to the trouble/effort to collect everything under the pre tense that we would not see them available again, it`s really frustrating. The value of the original series (1-2 primarily) will definitely take a the brunt of the hit. Oh well, see what happens.

I would certainly agree on waiting until something more definite is heard instead of trying to read between the lines as to what Lego will do with their Collectable Minifigures. I will say from Lego's point of view, minifigures seem to be the one thing they can re-release and not take a hit themselves (as a company and its product goes) which is not possible with actual sets as they had found out years ago with the Legends line. Just look at all the combo packs and odd items on Shop-at-Home, or this year's City Advent Calendar with the Series 8 Santa. Lego really has no qualms about re-releasing or even redoing characters they have done.

Glad I spent all that money and time getting all the collectable minifigs :hmm:

If they remake all the figs it will kill the value of the older series.  Very disappointing.

I remember that long trip of yours in collecting what you needed. I am sorry if they do carry on with a re-release of earlier Series'. :(

If they do this I hope they at least don't make them identical like they did with the original zombie. 

The latest distribution for series 10 and 11 have been horrible.  Making popular figures only 2 in a box is ridiculous. Lego hates resellers but with their 2 fig per box policy, the prices for those figures are already going up.  I also noticed that it has been more difficult to trade for the rarer figures. Everyone seems to need the same 6 figs so not much trading is going on.  I actually had to spend more time than I wanted squishing for certain figs.  I usually just buy blindly and trade for what I need.  Oh, and don't get me started on Mr. Gold. 

If they do this I hope they at least don't make them identical like they did with the original zombie. 

The latest distribution for series 10 and 11 have been horrible.  Making popular figures only 2 in a box is ridiculous. Lego hates resellers but with their 2 fig per box policy, the prices for those figures are already going up.  I also noticed that it has been more difficult to trade for the rarer figures. Everyone seems to need the same 6 figs so not much trading is going on.  I actually had to spend more time than I wanted squishing for certain figs.  I usually just buy blindly and trade for what I need.  Oh, and don't get me started on Mr. Gold.

I agree the fig-per-box ratio starting with Series 9 has not been pleasant for anyone except for the people who get to a newly opened box seeing how they get 'first dibs' as it were. Like you, the amount of time feeling for any character has taken longer than before in spite of me being better at the whole process and I must say it easily becomes tiresome fast especially hearing that noise the bag makes when being smooshed over any length of time. I haven't really bothered trying to intentionally find Mr. Gold past my typical search for other specific characters. Honestly, I am glad to have stopped seeing Series 10 bags anymore (instead I find Series 9 :mda:). Unfortunately if Lego did go through with a re-release of earlier series', I believe they would be exactly the same as before with no alterations.

How about this option? Lego does not re-release the old one. But they feature them in the game with new characters that will be made in the future series. By this, people who play the game would want to buy the old one as well as new one.  :thumbsup:

I'm kind of hoping they don't re-release, even though i didn't buy them at the current market price.

• 1 month later...

Mr. Frog re-read the terms and conditions and we're under a gag order, probably punishable by tiny minifigure ninjas descending from the ceiling on teensy little ropes to "take care of the problem".

Sorry, if they open it up for discussion I'll post more. I will say that so far Mr. Frog isn't impressed and I am, but that pretty much sums up our outlooks on life in general so perhaps not helpful in a review.  :rofl: