Hulks helicarrier breakout 6868

This has gone from "Out of stock" to "Sold Out" on lego website...EOL?

Same thing with the Batwoman Cycle set with the status Sold Out on LEGO Shop at Home.  6868 is out of stock on Walmart.com as well.  A majority of my Walmarts at in the 35-50 range while all the Targets are still at 50 in my area.

This will test my theory of how LEGO actually uses the "Retiring Soon" tag.  If it is suddenly sold out forever, shouldn't there have been a retiring soon tag before this batch was gone?  We will see... I'm on to you LEGO!!!  :)

Nope, some just say Sold Out and just ride to the sunset. Unless it's the Orc Forge, of course, that one just won't die. 

Same thing with the Batwoman Cycle set with the status Sold Out on LEGO Shop at Home.  6868 is out of stock on Walmart.com as well.  A majority of my Walmarts at in the 35-50 range while all the Targets are still at 50 in my area.

I'm still seeing the batwoman catcycle as "temporarily out of stock" just like the batcave. The mf mummy, however, has moved to "sold out".

Orc Forge is only 16 months old.  It's not like it has hung around forever like some Death Star sets we know of.  ;)

Orc Forge not dying as in having the retiring soon on for a couple month and going between sold out and in stock at least 3 times in that span at LEGO Shop at Home and Target. I think it is finally shot dead though.

There is a show premiering on tv this week called agent of S.****.I.E.L.D.. The fact that the plane has SHIELD on it might help to drive the price higher. One can only hope.

I would think overall interest in the series/Marvel Universe will be the driving factor as far as value is concerned, rather than specifically "Shield" being printed on a piece. Doubt that in itself will have any real impact, but who knows. 

I don't think Avengers and Marvel necessarily need any significant boosting.  It's a huge license.  If Hulk figure remains exclusive to this set, the set will increase in price with time as new Marvel fans are introduced into Lego.  Only place to go is secondary market now.  I think S/****, target, walmart, and amazon are all done (online, that is).  

I agree with what some have said, because Hulk is exclusive to this set I believe the set will do well. It may take awhile to significantly increase in value simply due to the number of people hoarding these sets. However nice profits from this set will come to those who are patient, and by patient I mean a few years.

I don't think Avengers and Marvel necessarily need any significant boosting.  It's a huge license.  If Hulk figure remains exclusive to this set, the set will increase in price with time as new Marvel fans are introduced into Lego.  Only place to go is secondary market now.  I think S/H, target, walmart, and amazon are all done (online, that is).  

Just think about what the Lego Marvel Video Game release on 10/22/13 will do for demand this holiday season...

• 2 months later...

I need to flip some lego 6868 m to make space in my storage

Going rate on ebay seems to be around 70-80 bucks plus shipping.  Anyone think this price will dramatically increase or decrease in the near future?

I have gotten $99 for it twice. That was really the lowest I was willing to take at this point. It will drop after Christmas but by next year could be a little over $100.

I have gotten $99 for it twice. That was really the lowest I was willing to take at this point. It will drop after Christmas but by next year could be a little over $100.

$100 is a speculation, $80 is a speculation. But for collectors, the way I look at it is that there's no time off for collectors. I buy regardless of X'mas, summer, whichever day. Collectors scour the internet, especially marvel collectors. I buy anything from comics to Bowen statues. Also into old DC figures. I mentioned in the other thread, the brown pants don't grow on trees. If this is the last you see of the brown pants, you'll be kicking yourself even selling at $100. I paid $300 for a Hulk figure, resin cold cast. Albeit, the statue stands 14" tall. My experience with Spiderman and Hulk is that once they go up, they don't come down. You should at worse, keep 3 sets if in fact there will never be anymore brown pant-hulks. You'll be pumping your fist in front of your next door neighbor when he tries to brag about his latest purple pant hulk and you can show him what you've got and you ain't selling that baby.

Wow.....Hulk minifigure: $55 Buy It now on ebay:

Last one / 56 sold. You must be kidding me......

Edit: I think I clicked on the wrong button.

What I see is this:

Hulk - $55USD

Loki - $8.99USD

Hawkeye - $8.99USD

Thor - $12.99USD

If we go by these numbers, you net yourself $96 on the figures alone.

The comic and box from the set can get another $10, if in perfect condition.

A lot of work to break them apart but the gains are much greater if everything is sold. 

The other question is, will there be another Loki figure? Loki does appear in other sets, but if those go discontinued, I can see Loki's prices jumping to about $19.99USD.

Wow.....Hulk minifigure: $55 Buy It now on ebay:

Last one / 56 sold. You must be kidding me......

Edit: I think I clicked on the wrong button.

What I see is this:

Hulk - $55USD

Loki - $8.99USD

Hawkeye - $8.99USD

Thor - $12.99USD

If we go by these numbers, you net yourself $96 on the figures alone.

The comic and box from the set can get another $10, if in perfect condition.

A lot of work to break them apart but the gains are much greater if everything is sold. 

The other question is, will there be another Loki figure? Loki does appear in other sets, but if those go discontinued, I can see Loki's prices jumping to about $19.99USD.

Loki was worthless on both Ebay and Amazon for tge longest time. Hulk was the only butter in that set just like Black Widow in the quinjet. Now I feel bad spending all my cash on HD and left about 35 40 of these @ 35 at Walmart over the summer. You live and learn as the poor in the US can barely afford food and the middle and upper class can blow it on a few pieces of plastic. I cant really be too upset as Helms Deep will do well but not as quick as the Hulk set.

Loki was worthless on both Ebay and Amazon for tge longest time. Hulk was the only butter in that set just like Black Widow in the quinjet. Now I feel bad spending all my cash on HD and left about 35 40 of these @ 35 at Walmart over the summer. You live and learn as the poor in the US can barely afford food and the middle and upper class can blow it on a few pieces of plastic. I cant really be too upset as Helms Deep will do well but not as quick as the Hulk set.

the thing with Loki is just a speculation/question I threw out there. Who knows what would happen with Loki. Is he done for good? We know Thor will be around but no matter which set you get, Thor will net you at least $10USD minimum.

HD is a good set, I only have one left and sealed it up real nice in plastic so I can put it up on the shelf and see it. You live and learn. But who would've thought Hulk's price would sky rocket like this. It's like buying the issue of spiderman #700 when he dies, check those graded issues with Stan Lee's signature, they are skyrocketing and the skies are the limits. I've been in this marvel game long enough to know NOT to unload any discontinued marvel products so soon. I'm not listening to this "it's x'mas time and buyers are scooping these up for now, price will drop again." That's a load of crap. I said it in another thread, discontinued marvel products will only go up. Get a mint condition box, get it graded, signed by Stan Lee, and put it up on the open market. It will net you at least $500USD. Heck, anyone who gets 6868 signed by Stan Lee and graded at AFA 10.0, ping me, I'll pay at least $250USD for it.

I bought one of these for $35 back in august.

There are still 7 more in my town, 2 @ walmart and 5 @ target. for $49.99 a pop

Is it a good idea to pick any or all of these up? What would you guys do? I'm thinking of using some of my Christmas bonus from work to buy them.

I'm thinking I will flip 4-6 of them for easy profit. Then, still have 2-4 of them for later growth.

What would you guys do?

I bought one of these for $35 back in august.

There are still 7 more in my town, 2 @ walmart and 5 @ target. for $49.99 a pop

Is it a good idea to pick any or all of these up? What would you guys do? I'm thinking of using some of my Christmas bonus from work to buy them.

I'm thinking I will flip 4-6 of them for easy profit. Then, still have 2-4 of them for later growth.

What would you guys do?

The Hulk with brown pants itself is going for $40USD or more on ebay. So do your math.