Hulks helicarrier breakout 6868

Back when I saw these at Walmart for 35 I only bought one of two because one was smashed (possibly by the hulk inside?) I should of gotten that one too because now he's selling for more than $35 now. Instead I buy 6 more yesterday at 49.99. the one I sold for 89.99 only netted me 13 bucks. I need to rethink my strategy.

Hold them for longer is probably the better answer. I bought 10 at retail last week. I listed them for 99.99. I have sold 2 there and netted an average of $28 each which is good for having the set a total of 3 days in each case.

I am hoping though that these will see $125 as some point next year. If I can double my money after fees, etc, I am fine with holding for a year or so.

Hold them for longer is probably the better answer. I bought 10 at retail last week. I listed them for 99.99. I have sold 2 there and netted an average of $28 each which is good for having the set a total of 3 days in each case.

I am hoping though that these will see $125 as some point next year. If I can double my money after fees, etc, I am fine with holding for a year or so.

Might I ask what kind of box you used? the only one I could find was about twice as big as it needed to be. I wish they had made the set a little more square.

$100 is a speculation, $80 is a speculation. But for collectors, the way I look at it is that there's no time off for collectors. I buy regardless of X'mas, summer, whichever day. Collectors scour the internet, especially marvel collectors. I buy anything from comics to Bowen statues. Also into old DC figures. I mentioned in the other thread, the brown pants don't grow on trees. If this is the last you see of the brown pants, you'll be kicking yourself even selling at $100. I paid $300 for a Hulk figure, resin cold cast. Albeit, the statue stands 14" tall. My experience with Spiderman and Hulk is that once they go up, they don't come down. You should at worse, keep 3 sets if in fact there will never be anymore brown pant-hulks. You'll be pumping your fist in front of your next door neighbor when he tries to brag about his latest purple pant hulk and you can show him what you've got and you ain't selling that baby.

Okay, one article I read said that purple pants is more iconic and would be the one that collectors are after. However, I thought that collectors sought after what was rare. I would think that a brown pants Hulk would be more sought after by Hulk or Marvel collectors which is what you also indicate in this post. Wouldn't a brown pants hulk be the center piece or crown jewel in a collection of purple pants Hulks? ...and therefore be worth more in the long run.

• Like 1

Okay, one article I read said that purple pants is more iconic and would be the one that collectors are after. However, I thought that collectors sought after what was rare. I would think that a brown pants Hulk would be more sought after by Hulk or Marvel collectors which is what you also indicate in this post. Wouldn't a brown pants hulk be the center piece or crown jewel in a collection of purple pants Hulks? ...and therefore be worth more in the long run.

Agreed, purple pants is more iconic but there won't be anymore brown pants. So this is it. Those who pocket their $30 gain can laugh now. I'm not selling these for the next 3-5 yrs. and IF, that's a big IF they reissue brown pants, it will be a reissue....meaning there will definitely be differences from the original. Marvel collectors like me wants the first edition all the time, not just any first but we want variants. Since the purple pants are coming, there's lots of time to buy that. Clock has ticked and tocked from the brown. Seal them up and enjoy!