Disney Princess 2014

boxofcorey

I think these are great sets for the intended target market - little girls who are too old for Duplo, but not necessarily out of the "princess" phase. 

I actually think the bigger sets are really nice - simple builds that turn out to be very whimsical structures.  The girls of this age (thinking 4-7) aren't looking for challenging or complex builds - they want to see their favorite Disney princess and be able to build her castle, buggy etc.

My major complaint is that Disney provided two Cinderella sets (edit - and two Ariels), but no Belle - my daughter's favorite princess.  That said, my daughter will eat these up.  Rapunzel will certainly be first on the list.

Speaking of princesses not represented in the line, where are Jasmine and Tiana ? Should I even open this can of worms ?  :devil:  :devil: :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:   

(see, 7 devil heads are better than 1 :D )

Saw these the other day and showed my wife, we both agreed that our almost 4 year old would love these.  Since I think all these sets are 5+ they are going to be simple builds.  The Cinderella Castle isn't going to be a creative build like a modular.  These are going to be just harder than duplo, in terms of build difficulty.  I have a feeling I will pick up each of these and hold them for a year or so and give them to our daughter when she can build with the little Lego, she's still pretty novice and still builds straight up with the Duplo pieces she has(of which she already has Cinderella's Carriage.)  These will be a hit with the girls, guaranteed.

Speaking of princesses not represented in the line, where are Jasmine and Tiana ? Should I even open this can of worms ?  :devil:  :devil: :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:   

(see, 7 devil heads are better than 1 :D )

They are obviously racist in Billund. :sarcastic:

Are these real? I'm wondering if they're fake because Prince Eric is sporting some stubble...which he shouldn't. But one of the existing male mini dolls (Peter from Olivia's House) does.

They are preliminary photos, the Friends dude is probably a stand-in, pretty common for these to have changes before the final product.

Here The Brick Fan gives a close up of Merida from the set, Merida's Highland Games.

Seems there was an auction for the minidoll that ended around $30 which I find amusing considering the set she is from will retail for $19.99. :mosking:

That $19.99 set is not going to be available until much later.  Some people rather pay 1.5x for a minifig than wait a few months.  I love those people.

Merida with bow and arrow and 41023 Fawn's forest..  Does anyone else see the connection ?  TLG is reaching out to a certain demography with these 2 sets.

That $19.99 set is not going to be available until much later.  Some people rather pay 1.5x for a minifig than wait a few months.  I love those people.

Ha, that's what I was thinking, even though sometimes I AM those people.

And, I loved loved loved Brave. I may be collecting these sets for myself as well as resale.

Arghhhhh!!! I'm sure some will be happy about this potential development, but from an investment standpoint I really want to see a more AFOL friendly girl line.

Aren't the modular buildings, world models, architecture, or VW sets technically unisex? I'd hate to think that adult women only want pink and purple models... Now I'm curious what you would want as an AFOL friendly girl line...maybe a Victorian dollhouse like Playmobil has? What are your thoughts?

This would be awesome!! Interesting how they will be going with the mini dolls. I hope they come out with more outfit options. It's all tank tops and short skirts among Olivia and friends.

However, they really need to improve on the mini doll design. I know I've mentioned this elsewhere, but IMO the three biggest flaws are:

1. The hair NEVER stays on. And you can't turn the mini-doll's head properly. The hair will turn, but not the head.

2. The mini-doll can bend forward at the waist but not backward. Really limits posing ability. The dolls are always gazing slightly downward. Try putting a doll on one of the bikes from the Adventure Camper set or one of the horses from Heartlake Stables and they look straight at the ground!

3. Putting any prop in the mini-doll's hand will cause her to topple forward. (Giant croissant, anyone?)

4. They all look like Justin Beiber

Merida with bow and arrow and 41023 Fawn's forest..  Does anyone else see the connection ?  TLG is reaching out to a certain demography with these 2 sets.

I'm not sure which demographic you're referring to...the hunting season demographic?  :shocked:

Well if this is the final version of Merida (btw thanks Huskers for clarifying that some things might be stand-ins. I really don't want Prince Eric to have facial hair!), she's got Andrea's hair mold (from Friends line). I do like how they've customized Merida's face a bit. It kinda looks like her. I hope they make small details like this on the other princesses. I was looking closer at the Duplo princesses' faces. Their eyes vary in shape, which makes them look more accurate.

• 1 month later...

When in my local TRU to clean out any last deals of the sales from this week, I noticed the new Disney Princess line was in stock. Is this something worth attempting to flip? They aren't even listed on Amazon, but I am afraid that the stock will start rolling in and these will be avail at retail.

Any opinions?

As a side note - TRU had gotten a TON of Batwings back in stock. Not sure if that signals anything or not... 

When you say back in stock for the Batwings, I think that realistically depending on the TRU they were probably already piled up on the top of the shelves somewhere in boxes and they just got them down. I can't count how many times I see an empty spot on the shelf, and can see that set still boxed up on the storage rafters. :-)

Oh, and I saw these in the Lego store as well, was thinking the same thing about the Man-Bat set. There are a bunch of flippers on eBay right now, seems like the window is super narrow before people realize they are hitting stores. Between that and possibly dodgy mail delivery pre-xmas, I am not bothering personally.