Wal Mart App...

terrymc4677

• 2 months later...

I have been playing around with the Walmart app lately. I have figured out how to create a list and scan items in store mode, but can someone tell me how to get store specific prices, clearance or otherwise, while sitting in my easy chair at home? I thought I read somewhere that this is possible, but can't seem to figure it out. I have three walmarts in town, but several others 30+ miles away. Being able to see what each store has on clearance from home would save a ton of time, gas, and aggravation from coming home empty handed due to a wasted trip. Is this possible? Thanks...

I have been playing around with the Walmart app lately. I have figured out how to create a list and scan items in store mode, but can someone tell me how to get store specific prices, clearance or otherwise, while sitting in my easy chair at home? I thought I read somewhere that this is possible, but can't seem to figure it out. I have three walmarts in town, but several others 30+ miles away. Being able to see what each store has on clearance from home would save a ton of time, gas, and aggravation from coming home empty handed due to a wasted trip. Is this possible? Thanks...

In my experience, you can't trust the accuracy of store-specific information in the Walmart app.  I have gone to stores looking for a set that the app says is in stock only to find that the set is not in stock, but that other sets are in stock that the app listed as not being in stock. 

There is some pretty detailed discussion on the walmart app in the summer clearance threads last year.  Coneil provided some great pointers on using it.  I couldn't get it to work exactly how he described, but many other members were able to.  I just skimmed through the thread but page nine looks like a good start. 

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/3899-2013-summer-clearances/page-9?hl=walmart app

Only took me nine months to figure out how to post a link! Yeah for me! :sorcerer:

• Like 1

In my experience, you can't trust the accuracy of store-specific information in the Walmart app.  I have gone to stores looking for a set that the app says is in stock only to find that the set is not in stock, but that other sets are in stock that the app listed as not being in stock. 

Agreed, one of my stores still has Captain America in stock!!!

There is some pretty detailed discussion on the walmart app in the summer clearance threads last year.  Coneil provided some great pointers on using it.  I couldn't get it to work exactly how he described, but many other members were able to.  I just skimmed through the thread but page nine looks like a good start. 

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/3899-2013-summer-clearances/page-9?hl=walmart app

Only took me nine months to figure out how to post a link! Yeah for me! :sorcerer:

Thank you for the link. I remember reading all if that at some point in the past but couldn't remember where it was. I will continue to play around with it and hopefully have some success.